1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWF Battle Report Thread!

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

We also might see recosting of things that are already on the profile. But that's far beyond our ability to speculate with any degree of probability.

AdmiralJCJF and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  2. invalideffort

invalideffort Burnt Spektr

I really was impressed by the locust in svarl today...then realized I was playing him as if he had marksmanship lvl 2 instead of 1...I really like the new render and so desperately want him to work for my lists but it’s hard to go from such a solid (if not fully infiltrating) gun/skirmisher in the Zulu cobra to this guy. I will say they Svarl as a whole are a big departure from my normal play style and I like that it’s making me mix things up, I’m excited to try the smg locust for its shenanigans (drop parrot around a corner pop out and shoot). I am super curious how this faction looks in N4 and how much will change.

#22 invalideffort, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  3. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the game, with the "COV-crisis" it will be hard to have any kind of clue of what could be done by Winter Force in N3.

Luck is something most of ARO needs to do some damage. Still, we are talking about a HI with good chanches to impact and a heavy damage weapon, so, if the plan goes bad, probably will be really bad.

4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Got a game on TTS too yesterday. Just tested a weird list to see up to where the Fireteam flexibility could go. I don't think a lot of you would like the list (and I'm not sure I would keep it like that in the future too).

So here was the list:
    Svalarheima’s Winter Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    UMA SØRENSEN FTO (CH: Mimetism) 2 x Submachine Gun, Breaker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    NISSE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    KNIGHT OF JUSTICE Missile Launcher / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 50)
    MAQUINISTA (WinterFor) (CH: Mimetism, Multiterrain) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    QUINN Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    ORC Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 44)
    VARG (Minelayer) K1 Marksman Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 30)
    VARG (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower, WildParrot / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    VARG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    5.5 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

And here was my opponent's list:
    The White Banner Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 16)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    TIAN GǑU (1st Section) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Jammer / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    LÉI GŌNG (Chain of Command) Submachine Gun, Nanopulser, Blitzen / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    YĚ MĀO (Forward Observer) MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    DÀOFĚI Lieutenant Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 55)
    GŬILÁNG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
    GŬILÁNG Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    LÓNG YÁ 2 Panzerfaust, Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (0 | 20)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)
    GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    4 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

[​IMG]
    (map made by Whyrocknoddie, thank you mate!)

Scenario was Acquisition.

So, the plan was quite simple: if I get to start, I would form the Vargar core with the ORC and Uma and keep the KoJ in the Nisse Haris while Quinn would hang around, waiting for his moment. The core would go in a good camo swipe to eliminate as much infiltrators as possible before retreating and leaving some mines in the way.
    If I get to play second, I would form the Vargar Haris and deploy a Nisse core.

I won the Lt roll and took the deployment zone on the left. My opponent deployed everyone but his Daofei. I deployed the Nisse core between the rocks and the salt pile in the back. Nisse on the lockage and KoJ on the rocks along the rocks in the back on my DZ, prone. Vargar around the blue container and the concrete slab. The Daofei deployed in the most aggressive position to threaten the Vargar and my Trauma Doc was between the contrete slab and the KoJ's rocks.

Turn 1:
    I strip his main group by two orders. He uses one regular order to prevent one monk to suicide run toward the core. The Daofei uses all the orders of the main group to kill me 2 Vargar (Minelayer and Sensor) and retreat in the choke point near the dark blue building, camouflaged. There, he puts his Guilang BSG, his second Monk and the Long Ya in suppressive fire.
    I activate the last Varg to avenge his buddies. He drops a mine in order to catch the Daofei if the Long Ya reacted to the next order. The Daofei dodged when mine goes off, the Long Ya looses the FtF and goes unconsious. Next order, the Daofei is unconscious. All this while the Guilang can't say a thing due to albedo. One order to put a mine in order to threaten the Guilang and the monk and my last order (discorver + BS attack) kills the Guilang.

Turn 2:
    The Guilang minelayer is dragged in the first group. One monk is killed by the Nisse and the one near the Varg dogdes the mine. The Ye Mao put the Varg unconscious, the Guilang AHD comes to the console, activates it and succeeds Datascan. The Minelayer sneaks under the Nisse and KoJ sight to the extreme left side of the map (from my PoV) and drops a mine.
    I form a Nisse full core without the KoJ and activate it. The Nisse kills the Zhanshi ML. Quinn kills the Warcor and Uma kills the Guilang Minelayer. Nisse detroys one mine and the ORC the second. I leave everyone but the Machinist in overwatch as my opponent has nothing left to threaten the link.

Turn 3:
    The Core link comes forward, crawling to prevent any ARO before Lei Gong being in position to shoot his two blitzen to the unlinked KoJ. The KoJ wins and Lei Gong is dead. The last Guilang uses the smoke thrown by the monk to find an annoying location near the tech coffin and plants a mine.
    Time for the core to go get some objective points. First splitted HMG burst from the ORC between the Tian Gou and the monk is fully tanked by the two. Second burst sends the monk unconscious. Uma sacrifices her life to kill the Guilang while detonating the mine. The Guilang puts a second mine. The Machinist gets the console, the ORC suffers a wound from the last mine. Last order, the Nisse triggers the ORA from the Tian Gou to let the ORC datatracker reach the tech coffin.

I fail my LO roll and my opponent succeeds. Victory 7-4

All in all, I think that this game illustrates what kind of situation the SWF can create and is confortable in: surgical strikes and locking the table. In some ways, I felt like I was playing VIRD (the Nisse core was really VIRD like but with more firepower and the firepower better distributed in the link) and NCA at the same time while it's not exactly that.
    About the Vargar Haris: I loved it. I think I'm gonna play it more and also try the core. They somewhat remind me Marauders and Marauders are a good unit.
    About the Nisse core: absolutely overwhelming to my opponent. This FT denied the access to one console and the tech coffin for three turns. I think this is a valid pain train in order to just cross the table to get a location and claim it for good during the last round. You could replace Uma by a C+ ORC or a second Nisse but I liked the pure brutality she was able to deliver at short range.

About the WBA list: it's lacking firepower. But, more firepower would have meant to sacrifice board control (he had a good one at the start of the game but after my turn 2, it was really only one location well defended at the end of my turn 2), orders or utility.
    We are both trying things for now, so there are dumb or weird combinations but I didn't feel like I was playing an uphill battle. I had tools to deal with the camo game of my opponent. He had tools to force me to loose orders in the wind (as most of my units were 1W guys) and to make locations difficult to reach.

Was a fun and balanced game. I'll post some more battle report as I get more experience with the SWF.

Cadmo, Capo.Paint, Death and 8 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation