1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWC of HRMCs

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ugin, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Szalamandra, a gorgeous TAG of all time, pays 2 SWC.

I got curious, so I've looked through the costs of HRMCs of other factions.

Yan Huo HRMC: 1.5
    Overdrone Batdroids HRMC: 1.5
    Zeta Unit: 1.5 (only the profiles with Lieutenant or NCO costs 2)

Would this be intended, us space gypsys can't afford better platforms to build a big bully with huge firearms? Or is it just an error? What do you fellows think?

2. SpectralOwl

Probably intended. Despite what you'd think, what with the damn Core Kriza and all, Nomads are supposed to have trouble outgunning opponents in a straight fight. I can agree Szally is a weird spot for a tax though, it might be the BTS9 and the KHD in the cockpit that drove it into extra SWC tax territory.

3. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hmm. Sadly I think I should agree with that. KHD and BTS 9 is quite legit, and also it feels weirdly right for us not to get more direct firepower. Thanks!

4. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

Its weird, for sure. It will make kriza the obvious choice still. I doubt KHD has nothing to do here, because it is a non-SWC equipment. I think it is just a tax for us to not spam B5 dudes out there

Lampyridae likes this.
  5. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Considering Meteor Zond, who has no equipment or skills charging swc but still costs 0.5, sometimes a set of skills or equipment on a specific trooper might be considered 'threatning' in the pov of CB so that it costs more swc I guess.

In case of Szally, I also don't think the KHD itself made it cost more, but just the combination of a TAG+KHD Pilot might be responsible for some part of taxes.

Or not!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Maybe CB thought restricting some components(which is not a big deal since we've got some other insane things..), is necessary for forming a characteristic of a faction. Which is highly acceptable.
    Do I sound like a hypocrite? I'm just failing to be concise, I guess. I don wanna fight! I love everybody! Mmuah!

6. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

in the zond case it is because of parachutist repeater. We are lucky they got 0.5 instead of old 1!. In this case, its a TAG with HMC. The strange ones are the other that got the discount... or that Szally is missing an NCO label there justifying it (Because it will not have a Lt option). But yes, it can be a tax for having a hacker pilot in the hacking faction :disappointed:

7. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

Arbitrary SWC is not without precedent: the Wildcats HRL was 2SWC for no real reason, in the Sectorial with probably the most Fire weapons ever. It wasn't even that impressive - they might have been worried that we were setting fire to too many poor Tohaa.

It also depends on what CB thinks in their playtests. The Wildcats were seen as "almost too good" in early N3, when they were really hit-or-miss for people.

Vakarian likes this.
  8. geckoguy

geckoguy Member

honestly im fine with szalamandra being 2swc. i think its to make the lizard more competitive, and poor baby needs it. its a bit of a bummer but considering everything else got cheaper around the szally i think its still going to do well. a loss of .5 swc in the grand scheme of things isn't the worst fate, esp when its basically business as usual.

Ugin and Lampyridae like this.
  9. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You're right, Lizzy comes along with GL and still costs 1.5 swc which is awesome. In vanilla I should start taking care of poor Lizzy...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation