1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun Tze

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by NoahScape, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's still shit for its heavy cost. Against your relatively standard BS13 HI pointman like Shang Ji-sus who lacks MSV even tossing in a prime situation where the Kunai attacks it without cover it's 41% to 26% still heavily in the active player's favour despite giving it this perfect storm of requiring very specific terrain in a location it can take advantage of and actually get value for your army from its positioning.

Hardly a selling point for something that will without stacking every advantage you can think of under perform like crazy.

2. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

The SMMR Kunai looks almost good to me, his kit is actually kind of interesting. If he was either a bit cheaper or had even BS12, I'd consider taking him.

Sniper version is total ass, though.

As a response to pitcher tossers though? Hard pass. I know this is from the perspective of ISS, so your answers here are limited to nil, but I don't consider him a tool for solving that problem. As unfortunate as it is, you kind of have to accept that you'll be resetting until you eat the L on that one. But ISS in general is kind of stuck in that spot right now.

3. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

This reminds me of the elaborate plan I had to take Major Lunah and a Zhanying to a tournament, so I could snipe things out of nimbus grenades. On the day it turned out that the event had an unmentioned house rule of building interiors being played as low vis and saturation zones, so I could actually place her in any building, not spend orders throwing nimbus grenades, and cancel the non-reflective low vis zone with her msv1! Good times!

Willen likes this.
  4. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

I wouldn't make it the only answer, but if you have a chance to pick off or slow a pitcher chucker, it may mean doing less resets. Sometimes if all you have is lemons, having an option to make lemonade is better than nothing.

I guess you also always pack a Sophotect for a quick patch up and hope it doesn't happen to your LT.

Having something that can hack back through the repeater could also help. A Zhanying hacker linked to a Tinbot B would have reasonable odds of oblivioning enemy hackers assuming you don't leave a perfect spot to drop the repeater.

5. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

It doesn't get talked about a lot, but I really like the Pheasant Red Fury in lists that take a more aggressive Lt like a Hsien or Crane.

I understand that it's an average gun on a mediocre troop, but I tend to treat it as a late turn 2/3 objective pusher; once the aggro Lt goes down that little Pheasant gets at least 3 orders to get work done with a weapon that gets more relevant the longer the game goes.

This mostly came to mind while discussing ISS Lts. While I agree they don't have as safe options as some armies, the actual command structure of the army is pretty solid if you're willing to invest in keeping it secure.

YueFei23, Sedral and Chaserabinov like this.
  6. Weathercock

Among many other much needed (and more important changes), Crane Adil would help a lot.

7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

What do you mean? There is a Crane Adil and figure too. He's not bad either. The figure is fantastic!

8. Weathercock

Sorry, my autocorrect went as bit too far when editing. Chain of command Crane Adil.

Give him his Para CCW back, too.

(and, yes, I know that would supposedly up the point cost. But this is also the same game where the Asawira exists at more than 10 points cheaper for a far better trooper, so there's no excuse for why Adil can't get that for free, our Cranes are still massively overpaying)

#88 Weathercock, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Dragonstriker likes this.
  9. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

TBH, you could assume that any lists that doesn't have its key pieces (lieutenant, gunners, mission-critical units) hidden under camo is not prepared for this "meta issue". Put it as such in your signature or something and call it a day.

Apparte: I'm not sure if N4 GML tactics are that much worse than EM / grenades rain we'd fear in N3, appart from the fact that GML tactics are actually accessible to faction who are pretty damn strong to begin with (nomads, CA), and throwing repeaters around also help with board control so even if you don't manage to kill stuff with your missiles, at least you've expended your repeater area so your turn wasn't a complete loss.

I was already a big fan of the red fury pheasant in N3, but in N4 I find it really hard to afford the 31pts when I already need a ninja and a sophotect sitting in the exact same point range, and chances are the pheasant won't do much if the lieutenant (who also usually doubles up as the main gunner for the list) gets killed too soon.
    As often the question really is "do I want to invest point in more redundancy to solutions for the worst case scenario, or would I rather invest those in a more general and likely gameplan even though it'll come bite me in the ass if the aforementionned worst case scenario occurs?"

YueFei23, Cthulhu363 and Mahtamori like this.
  10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

No, I'd prefer to maintain a fairly visible level of complaint about it, either from myself or the original poster. I don't think it's beneficial to anyone to let CB sweep it under the rug.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation