1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suitable Toys for Scenery

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Biomckill, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Wylde83

Wylde83 The Cyberpunk Guy
    Warcor

I know some people they got the cardboard s2 silhouette in their wallet to look for terrain ... i need to do that too ^^

jherazob likes this.
  2. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

And a new one. This time, the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Milano Spaceship by Hasbro.

I found mine really cheap through Wallapop (10 EUR). Some pics. Side view first:

[​IMG]

Front view:

[​IMG]

Rear view:

[​IMG]

My own impression: it makes an acceptable dropship for Infinity. The cockpit looks scaled for one seat, though a bit lower, not exactly what you would expect for a landing ship. It is a bit narrow, so probably you should imagine that it can insert a small team. Some parts of the toy are nicely detailed (wings, fuselage), but those cylindrical pegs are a bit off. There are some screws and gaps that should be filled and sanded. The rear ramp is simply not there and if you consider the panel below the main engine to be the hatch, it is too small.

If not for the small black winglets on the back, it will go down directly on its belly, so I suppose it provides partial cover (you could shoot out the legs of the poor grunt in the other side).

However, I like the vibe it gives out and those small wings are really suited for something exotic. I do not play the CA or Tohaa, so no idea if this fits the aesthetic of those factions. So for me this will be Yu Jing.

3. Wylde83

Wylde83 The Cyberpunk Guy
    Warcor

The spaceships of starlink battle for atlas are great terrain parts and a good high ... atm you get em really cheap

chromedog and jherazob like this.
  4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Yeah, I picked up a handful of them a couple of months ago.
    The game is going DLC only (no need for extra physical props to unlock ships/characters/pilots/weapons) so they're selling the physicals off cheap.

Wylde83 likes this.
  5. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

1 person ship, Ninja, Hassassin, Speculo... etc. Or rescue capsule, but with flight capabilities instead of typical "potato with parachute". Assuming you want to keep the closing feature, the pegs can probably be reduced to hold tiny magnets (or fully cut and place magnets somewhere else); build up some extra detail in the surfaces while at it.

Have you tried placing it upside down (crashed)? Resting on tail (vertical launch)? On wing front edge with the other wing up (crashed)? Add some temporary rubble as needed? Or just rule "no feet shots" if you want total cover option, nice scenary requires a bit of flexibility. Even official rules say transparent things can give cover.

unclesrouge and jherazob like this.
  6. Biomckill

My idea was a stealth ship for 2-3 people, so more or less in the same lines. And I do not know why you are against the "potato with parachute"; there is a long service tradition, going back to 'Spaceship Troopers' :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Can you elaborate this a bit more? Why do you need magnets? The winglets are made of PP, a plastic which I despise.

The closing feature it is not necessary. Cool, but... in the end is a static piece. I considered the idea to replace the small winglets with others in hard plastic coming from other toys, but in the end that would be a lot of work. I thought also about removing the rear engine, adding two small engines in the wings to cover the 'missile' gaps there.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes... But the only I like is the last one: no feet shots, just declare the piece as giving total cover.

So many ideas...

jherazob likes this.
  7. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

At first I wrote "rock with parachute", but then I changed my mind thinking about escape pod scenes... and now I can guess where I got the subliminal inspiration. *looks sidebar* *wink*

If you are not going to keep the "posability" (maybe it helps in crashed positions), forget about magnets. You can keep the central engine, and make it 3; less work.

8. Biomckill

Pics of the trucks (WIP):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, the decals are Expanse themed... bad quality, and to top it off, they have not a transparent background, but white... and I did not realise until they were floating in the water.

9. Biomckill

Another entry on this thread... this time, a container loader. A bit of background: I was going through Wallapop, an app for second hand items, looking for 1:50 toys. I found this pretty cheap by obvious reasons:

[​IMG]

No railings, no cockpit... So I thought, why not changing this into a cargo loader?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The white parts are PS rods, card and so. The blue pieces are 3D printed in resin, from a thingiverse file (scaled to match what I wanted to held, which is a MAS container). The railings, also 3D printed in resin, also modifying free files in thingiverse. The cockpit is a sharpener, cutted in half.

Stripping the paint was a pain in the posterior. In the end I had to use industrial solvent and even with that the paint came out in big layers.

I will post a pic or two once it is painted.

10. WillRoarke

WillRoarke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

lovely trucks

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation