1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Submondo Question

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by ElwoodGrim, Apr 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ElwoodGrim

ElwoodGrim New Member

Hey everyone I am brand spankin' new to Infinity and have started with the rpg (after a few demo games of the actual game, that I freakin' LOVED) I rolled Submondo for my faction and have found that they are basically space mafia (So cool!) BUT I'm having a hard time finding anything else on them. The Kickstarter page for the RPG references a Submondo PDF (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game/posts/1800608), but its too late to get a backer kit. Is there anywhere else that has info on Submondo or does anyone know how to get my hands on this infamous PDF?? Also am I in the right place to post this? LOL Thanks in advance!

2. Sunabe

Sunabe Active Member

Well both Ikari and bayrem are criminal organisations. So you are in the right place.
    Submondo is the catch all term for the criminal world.
    As for the pdf you can buy the books from modiphius and there is also a free get to know the system pdf

3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@ElwoodGrim. . .

If You want to aks questions related to the R.P.G. then You should also go to the dedicated Subforum in the "Partners" Zone of the Forum; the Section dubbed "Modiphius" (as fitting the Creators of the R.P.G. Version of Infinity) has been recently established there. . .

About "Submondo Criminal Miniatures" then there are A LOT of "Dark Greyscale Slanted" Troops in ALMOST all of the Factions; the Mercs of the Ikari and Druzes have been yet pointed to You, and also the Yuan-Yuan are DECISIVELY "Space Pirates". . .

On Ariadna the Cateran Caledonian Snipers often act as Road Bandits when Times are lean and the Irmandhinos are heartless Smugglers that count Money far before "Ariadnan Pride". . .

The "Most Criminal" Faction is anyway the Nomads; all of the Three Motherships have Criminals and Crimefighters in their Troop Rosters; in Corregidor the Jaguars and Bandits wage continuous "Vigilante Wars"; in Bakunin the Moderators and Taskmasters crack down on Gangs of Morlocks and their Chimera + Pupnik (so essentially "Illegal" Uberfallkommandos) ringleaders; in Tunguska ALMOST ALL of the Troops are "S.W.A.T. Cops" paid BY THE MOBSTERS to keep Data Thieves away from precious "Quantronic Vaults". . .

Submondo has "Finger in the Pie" almost everywhere. . .

There is a Criminal Rogue Artificial Intelligence, called "Svengali", that while far limited in numbers could deploy "Special Operatives" that are comparable to A.L.E.P.H. Troops like Vedic Functionaries and Posthumans. . .

Also in the Alien Combined Army there are "Criminals" as the Krakots are condemned Morats considered "Renegades" and the Umbras are technically "State-Sponsored Serial Killers" with a very Vicious, Nasty streak of character. . .

RasPuto, Danger Rose and oldGregg like this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I don't believe that the Submondo PDF has been released yet, you might want to ask @Solodice since he backed the RPG kickstarter.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Probably be better if this thread was in the RPG section under Modiphious Entertainment...

Submondo isn't a criminal organization itself. It's just a catch all term for groups doing underworld business. There are many different groups that fall under the Submondo tag (Submondo was a term created by O-12). You have the Struktura (the Tunguskan mobsters), Svengali (a rogue AI that runs a mafia with copies of itself), Ecto-Aktion (eco terrorists), Equinox (a group evicted from Praxis who carry our terrorist attacks in the name of science and curiosity). Other groups fall under the Submondo banner like the Yuan Yuan, Yu Jing Triads, and the Druze Society (depending on who you talk to).

The Submondo book isn't out yet. The groups listed above are mentioned in the core book.

AdmiralJCJF and coleslaw like this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

@psychoticstorm pls move :)

Submondo is kinda a big area.

A Highlander Cateran who ambushes small scale Teseum shipments in the wilds of Ariadna is as much submondo as a member of the Corregidorian mahas or a Tunguskan lawyer who owes direct loyalty to their mafia boss (as opposed to a Tunguskan lawyer who nominally retains their factional loyalty).

And that's before you include corsairs like the Yuan Yuans who are quite often privateers who sell their services on the Merc markets (whether shadier or legitimate).

#6 inane.imp, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

thread moved, thanks.

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation