1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strategies for Prone models on Buildings

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by RogueJello, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Didnt realise when you played a TAG it was the only thing on the table.

Also you cant Cautious move in ZOC, so thats a fairly large chunk of the board the TAG player decided to stick its back too under your interpretation, doubt a sensible player does that

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I engage TAGs in suppression within 24" all the time. MSV2 and smoke, killed a Tikbalang with an Intruder LT over 3 orders once. It was hitting on... 3s? And I was on 13s because I flanked it. Worth it.

4. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

You actually can if you have Stealth, which everyone with CC mainstay skills (MA, NBW, Protheion) has.

oldGregg likes this.
  5. Hecaton

That's more or less what this thread is about.

What is stealth

I mentioned a Samaritan specifically...

6. daboarder

Warcor

Without going into the actual details it sounds like there were a large number of factors that presumably let you strip cover, roll well, and obtain multiple surprise shots on a single TAG. A light TAG it should be noted.

Honestly sounds more like your opponent misplayed more than anything. because doing a presumed 5 wounds to a TAG that fights Back at B3 and is ARM6 in each order isnt a small taskj even if you have

Flanked its cover, Smoked It, Managed to bring the MSV2 and the HMG....

RogueJello likes this.
  7. daboarder

Warcor

yeah i missed that samaritans have stealth.

Why though does everyone always assume that the TAG is on its own, any isolated troop will die in this game.

oldGregg likes this.
  8. Hecaton

Because the OP and others are presuming a scenario where you have TAGs operating on their own with a bunch of cheerleaders in a building. I agree, suboptimal.

9. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Suppressive fire may be a trap too. Range modifier is one of the most important modifier in fights, and from the moment you count on suppressive you relinquish it. Between 40 and 60 cm you are at -3 instead of the +3 you would have with single shoot HMG. It's as if you were granting your opponent a free, cumulative ODD. With that -3, you can easily obtain a -12 (cover + TO/ODD, or cover + surprise shot + CH, or cover + msv2/smoke). Thus the TAG may have burst 3, but at 3 to hit, instead of 9 if he would go single hit. Suppressive fire is not only weak past 60 cm, it is also weak between 40 and 60.

This is true for all suppressive fire, the best way to fight them is not always to try and find an oppening past 60 cm, but simply to stack modifiers as usual.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Because like I said, TAGs are easy to kill, you have to get through the defensive perimeter. Which I did!

11. daboarder

Warcor

So everything is easy to kill is your argument

RogueJello likes this.
  12. Hecaton

I'd agree with that. Everything without Symbiomates.

Abrilete likes this.
  13. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

It's easier to kill a single TAG than the same price of a bunch of cheap warbands or camos. Of course it will cost several orders, but not more than having to search and kill many cheap troops. The problem is not "is it hard to kill ?" but "can i afford spending ressources to kill that thing, is it worth it ?"

14. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

My argument is that TAGs are good because of their active turn killing capabilities, and reactively they're vulnerable. They're not unique in this regard, but due to their cost and significance in the list, their loss is a nasty blow, so you need to protect and support them with a screen of other troops.

Suppression Fire is a nice boost, but won't keep them alive. Proper assistance from the rest of the force will.

#134 Solar, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  15. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Well I`ll shoot a Pitcher to some point near TAG and force to choose between drop SF or receive normal hack attack.
    But I`ve found really hard to kill TAG in cover with HMG or something weaker. Kriza HMG can pretty reliably overshoot TAG but it require a lot of orders to deliver enough wounds. So in my case unless it`s Feuerbach, HRMC or linked ML/PF, no good on direct attack. Should be some E/M, ADHL or Possession/Ejection tricks. I`m looking forward to AP HMG on O-Yoroi in my future JSA army as a brute force solution.

16. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

And with all that the TAG could have presumably failed the first two guts checks, and perhaps gotten into full cover. Finding a good parking spot for a TAG also includes good places to fall back if your opponent brings something suitably nasty.

daboarder likes this.
  17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

WB and spam are easier to kill than TAGs if you do it on their turn.

daboarder likes this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Because this entire thread is about how to kill a pair of TAGs that have pretty much the entire rest of their order pool hiding. Well, OK, more like 6/8 of their order pool hiding, and the other 2 models are competent in ARO.

Pic of the table is back on page 5:
    Here's the list.
    Opponent was running JSA, 4 bikers, Yojimbo, 5 man link team, doctor, Oniwaban, 3 Ryuken.

Space Ghost likes this.
  19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Ouch, bikers would have a tough time around 2 TAGs.

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, does seem to be an odd choice of list for a Direct Action tournament. I mean, I'd be expecting to face either Dual TAGs or TAG+HI Link lists, and neither one is easy to face with bikes.

Without seeing the list, I'm expecting 2 Spitfires and 2 hackers in the bikes, HMG and ML in the link team. Not sure why the Oniwaban didn't make a play for one of the TAGs, either. I mean, that's basically what an Oniwaban is for!

My guess on the list is this:
    [​IMG] Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 17)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 9)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ONIWABAN Submachine Gun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (0 | 37)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Space Ghost and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation