1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still alive?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ghost87, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

In the context of anybody hacker or not they apply SMGs to. Some profiles are given SMGs with the expectation they will have to shoot with them such as Zencha or Hulang, others like Kappa or Jazz get them just to make them cheaper. A midfield skirmisher will need to consider whether they want to get within 8" of things, support staff that hide out at the back of a link or DZ do not really have the same consideration they just want to be cheap.

Savnock likes this.
  2. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

The problem with the Sombra is that she exists in the sectorial with probably the highest density of under-costed profiles in the game. Slap her in a well-balanced sectorial and she would be an absolute star.

As it is the Jazz/Evader/Moran/Gecko/Jaguar/McMurder context makes the Sombra seem overcosted, when she's just, y'know, actually paying for all her kit.

3. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Used the Sombra killer hacker in a Supplies game last night (my CJC vs. TJC) and they did really well. Moved up the middle to threaten the center Supply. Sombra was able to survive a full link Grenzer sniper and harass a Hollow Man team. Then jumped up and (remembering they have a shotgun) double-blasted Perseus whose mim-6 was giving me all kinds of trouble. Perseus shot back, but Sombra's BTS 6 let them shrug off Perseus' Breaker combi and then they only went NWI against P's Heavy Pistol. The one thing I didn't do was any hacking with them :)

I specifically wanted to try the Sombra, so swapped out my Bandit for them, and I gotta say they were expensive, but effective. Better shooter, tougher, I even used Climbing Plus to line up that light shotgun finisher on Perseus. Overall after that, just saying "Sombra's are a waste, you can just take a Bandit (or whatever)" isn't accurate. It has a place in the list.

4. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Yep. Resilience and toolkits are really worth it inside a 15-model limit force. Bandits are fine (for WIP 12) until they fail a single save. Then the orders you spent developing the piece are wasted.

The minmax approach falls down a lot in 15-max lists, one of the reasons I’ve enjoyed N4 quite a bit so far.

Morray and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, I've only used her twice so far but in both game's she performed really well. I think the fact most people are expecting a bandit as well adds to her effectiveness.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation