1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steel Phalanx, What's next ?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Renfri, Sep 28, 2018.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

A Tag is required so long as Tag missions remains a thing.

2. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Well, I would take Achilles over an O-Yoroi styled SP TAG anyday. I'd think a TAG oriented towards supporting heavy-fire would be more itneresting. But then again, that is not something that seems compatible with SPs current balance.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

Do you mean like the Overdrone Batroid? If so, I am not sure why it would not be compatible with SPs balance. It would be an alternative to the MSV 2 Agema or Agema Characters. The Overdrone with 2 HRL is about as expensive point wise as an Agema Characters and Myrmidon and is probably a worthy alternative.

4. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

I'm going to be more thourough in my answer :

If I were to build a TAG for SP, I would give it a Multi-HMG. It would provide heavy weapons fire while retaining the "Assault" component of the Steel Phalanx. an HRMC would perhaps be ok as well, but something like the overdrone with either HRL or dual snipers doesn't really fit into the "charge in your face" portion of the army.

Plus I think the MSV2 would be the only advantage of taking an Agema, since TAGs are much much more resilient.

5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

A non character Argyraspides unit would be cool

6. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification Renfri, I took fire and heavy weapons to literally. I think a HRMC would be good for a main battle tag but I could also see a fast skirmish tag with a Feuerbach.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Range-wise, a Feuerbach isn't really a good match for the Steel Phalanx. It's +3 from 16-32". Mk12s, on the other hand, are +3 from 8-24", so a character in Ajax's LHost type but armed with a Mk12 instead of the dual combis would work pretty well. He'd still keep the Nanopulser, AP Heavy Pistol, and EXP CCW.

Yes, it would basically be Aleph's version of the Gecko twins. S5 instead of S6, 2W+NWI versus 3STR, Impetuous, and scary in CC.

8. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm bringing this back up to shed some salt :

If DART can show up in every Pano sectorial then I really hope she is showing up in Steel Phalanx as well

xagroth likes this.
  9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Achilles can be a Immunity:POS TAG. Just give him Hyper dynamics L2 and the ability to dodge, cautious move, and remove the ability to enlist REMs because of him, and you are done!

10. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

#steelphalanxcanthavenicethings
    Seriously, SP lacks troopers that can be fielded in camo state. I understand this is an intended weakness of the sectorial and I heavily doubt, CB would break this. (Don't get me wrong: I would love to see the girly in SP, but I wouldn't hold my breath.)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation