1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steel Phalanx in N4 Tactica: Updated for Blackwind Changes

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by yoink101, Mar 5, 2022.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

200 points is a significant difference than 300 points. It's worth keeping in mind that Eudoros and Hippoylta are two of the strongest ARO pieces in the game, especially at 200 points when your opponent is less likely to have huge hitters or much MSV. If you are even slightly worried about them losing the exchange, throw eclipse within 8 inches.

Based on the list in the last post, one thing I would keep in mind, is that I usually like to be super aggressive with one team (the one without your LT, unless you have CoC) and save the LT's team for later. So, with the list you have, move Hippolyta over to the Thorakitae team, which doesn't have an offensive weapon that is effective outside of 8 inches as it stands.

At 200 points, I might run something more like this:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1
    MACHAON (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 30)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    HIPPOLYTA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Pulse, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 40)
    THORAKITES Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    THORAKITES (Paramedic) Submachine Gun, Pulzar ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    AGÊMA Marksman Missile Launcher / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 31)
    3 SWC | 199 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

With this list, Hippolyta and the Thorakitae would get aggressive for my first turn. They'll only have a few orders, but definitely enough to move up to snag an objective and hunker down in the middle of the table if your opponent null deploys. Alternatively, you could run Machaon's team up, grab a box or two, and then hunker and insulate them, covered by the Agema missile launcher.

Speaking of, your issue with Atalanta is exactly why I love her HD profile and the updated Agema. Your opponent won't be able to target the Agema before you at least get to use it once, if not more.

Here's an option where you lose Hippolyta but you get 10 orders (minus the HD agema). Thrasymedes is pretty good, but he doesn't have eclipse to fall back on.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    MACHAON (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 30)
    THRASYMEDES FTO Submachine Gun, Zapper, Flash Pulse, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    THORAKITES Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    THORAKITES (Paramedic) Submachine Gun, Pulzar ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    AGÊMA Marksman Missile Launcher / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 31)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    3 SWC | 199 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Golem2God and MrChupee like this.
  2. MrChupee

MrChupee Member

Some good ideas! I've given the various extra toys out from the Blackwind list, I feel like if you want a proper fire team with a single hero you can only really take one of the Agema/Thyreos/Ekdromos in addition to the midfield team(s) you want to run.

From the way lists at this size look, I'm also starting to thing maybe Hippolyta is the super flexible choice for 200pts because it gives you the opportunity to deploy two 3-mans on either side and hold her in reserve so you know what side of the board to punch up (doubly so with the Ekdromoi hacker/plain chain rifle, so it's like holding two models back without a command token).

Considering how good Acmon and Machaon are, is it ever worth picking up the Dactyl box? I really love the Doctor (what can I say...) but I can never really justify an all-star Thorakitai weirdo core, when I could be having a BS13/14 Myrmidon link to punch forward with.

Next game day at the popup LGS I'm definitely hoping to pick up the remotes so I can stop using my PanO ones!

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Savant

Savant Lhosthost
    Warcor

I'd say you can justify it, especially since they have removed the engineer profile from the Thoras. If you are wanting to run a high order count phalanx it really lends itself well to supporting the remotes you will want to be fielding while allowing your myrms to remain a "pure" hammer strike team.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation