1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Meta - ITS Season 12

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by inane.imp, Apr 24, 2021.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

My survey's been running a week now and the rate of responses have slowed way down. I've got nearly 200 responses, so I'm going to run with whatever I have on Monday.

So if you haven't already answered it, this weekend is your last chance.

https://forms.gle/JBGx9wNEStJrd2UB9

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Updated the OP with link the data and my take on it.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Very interesting. Cheers :)

4. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

Thank you for your work!

5. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just saw this.

I want to come out and admit some regret about how I was doing this for my two campaign events. The original intention was to include that question so that I could make sure each of the big teams in the campaign I was running had an even spread of player ability. Nobody wants to be in a team event where they are on a team with all of the new players. We want a nice even playing field (which is what we freakin' got, God those campaigns really came down to the wire and were so much fun).

I was really only wanting to use it for the people signing up that I didn't already know about from playing in person or seeing their performance in my individual-skill leagues. What ended up happening is that most people answered the question incorrectly and a lot of bystanders made a big deal about the score, as if it was the only thing that mattered. I'm sorry that happened, in future that question actually won't get asked, or I will at least not post the data publically. It was purely a tool to help me create 8 teams of infinity players who were reasonably evenly skilled.

Sorry to derail. When it comes to polling and such, it would be ideal if we could see what the 'good players' think the state of the meta is and what the unwashed, uninformed scrubs think the state of the meta is, but realistically I just don't see that happening.

Great poll though, you really worked hard on it and the quality of it shows.

inane.imp and kinginyellow like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation