1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Pano

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by BionicRope64, Jan 11, 2020.

1. BionicRope64

BionicRope64 Member

So I been off Infinty for while getting back dediced I will go Pano I mainly did Aleph and Tohaa. But I dediced fora fresh start.
    I'm mainly looking at mainly Varuna and NCA. Probably Svalarhiema when they get realised.

Just wondering if there's any advice I should know since they play differently from Tohaa and Aleph. I mainly wanna focus on Hevay Infantry since I really enjoy just doing little changes and HI work really well for head swaps and the like.

With this in mind is it worth getting the Generic Pano starter set or Should I go for the Varuna set. At this time I own the old Kamu, 2 old Orc models and Tech-bee

2. Zsimbi

Zsimbi Well-Known Member

You'll need fusiliers both in NCA and Varuna so the vanilla box seems better to me. The Orc Multirifle in the vanilla one is really nice Swiss Guard AHD if you decide by NCA. Also the Nisse is a good proxy for Kamau MSR and Hexa MSR as well.

I'd suggest to go with the rule of cool.

chromedog, BionicRope64 and Golem2God like this.
  3. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

There is very little overlap between the 2 factions (aside from the bots and fusiliers that are used in both)

Swiss Guard is a terrific HI and a great reason to play NCA.

Remember that the proxy rule for Infinity is very flexible, so feel free to save some money and hobby time by proxying (and/or converting) some models to get the look that you want!

BionicRope64 and Golem2God like this.
  4. BionicRope64

BionicRope64 Member

Thanks for advice. I forgot Infinty's proxy rules are far nicer than other companies. That will help alot.
    Especially since I got alot kits to buy for either one.
    And I was thinking using the Orcs to make nice cheaper swiss guard.

Golem2God and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

For conversions, CB states that the model must have mostly Infinity parts/pieces. So if you converted a model or unit that consists of at least 50% of CB's models from across their ranges it's all well and good. This means you can use other manufacturers' bits to customize your force. Such as removing a Fusilier's head and replacing it with a non-CB one.
    Mad Robot Miniatures & Statuesque Miniatures have heads that fit Infinity's scale really well. Statuesque produces a good amount of female heads while Mad Robot has a few female and mostly male heads. Check out their websites and see if any of their products interest you or give you ideas.

BionicRope64 likes this.
  6. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Use the stickied tacticas and check out the discussions in there. Some great lists have been posted throughout those threads that might give you ideas.

NCA has great solo powerhouse heavy infantry. VIRD, not so much.

Neither sectorial will do well with fielding mass heavy infantry though. Instead, they'll probably have one or maaaybe two that you'll rely on.

7. BionicRope64

BionicRope64 Member

Thats reassuring, I already Statuesque heads in mind. I have one or two they fit nicely and nice stuff like Berets ect.

And
    Thanks for advice. Yesterday had some list building your right it is hard to make HI focus.
    Btw your Tactica guides were super useful!

Golem2God and barakiel like this.
  8. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Happy to help!

For NCA, you do get strong, central options like the Swiss Guard and Aquila. These are iconic units, but you might have two of them in a list in total. But they almost always play a dominant role.

VIRD is going to be maybe one ORC, maybe Patsy, but their focus is really on light infantry. They are a very unique Sectorial though... Pretty different from anything else out there... With a good blend of rare rules and equipment. Units like Helots, Zulu Cobra and Echo Bravo all bring something that feels unique and special.

Feel free to share out some list ideas. Discussing lists isn't always productive, but some conversation might help you get to know both Sectorials better.

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  9. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I mean, if you want Heavy Infantry PanO, Military Orders is right there!

10. BionicRope64

BionicRope64 Member

See I wasn't into MO that much originally but I'm tempted by some of the models if I convert them.

11. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Converted MO HI could make some nice HI units. Orcs, Guarda, Swiss, etc...it would be interesting to see how using a base Knight body would fare.

12. BionicRope64

BionicRope64 Member

I didn't mean that converted. More heads swaps and stuff, but at the same time Swiss lack models, only ML and HMG being available both locked in other sets, actually magister knights could make cool Swissgaurd, with the tabards and stuff.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

You can probably still find an old Swiss guard HMG blister.

14. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

If you're starting PanO, then the PanO half of Beyond Icestorm, and the NCA starter are really not bad boxes to get anyhow. If you really only want those specific sculpts you can usually get them individually on eBay or from @ShaeKonnit (you may have to request it if he hasn't already split the box) : https://www.shaekonnitgames.com/infinity-split-box-deal/

Lady Numiria and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation