1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Starco tactica?

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by Qrow, Nov 7, 2018.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Why would someone assume that? They're a Dogged Warband. You do make certain that your opponent's know that they're a Warband?

The two defining features of Warbands are high CC ability and Fury. There's few Warbands with CC less than 20 and mostly they're weird (Irmadhinos, Yuan Yuans, Dog-faces but not Dog-warriors, Hungries/Pups, Desperados and the Antipode Controller).

2. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Yeah, they've been great roadblocks for enemy skirmishers and warbands, the dogged is a big deal, and so is the fact that they can claim cover (initially). So what if I'm shooting with a pistol?

3. inane.imp

I'm a big fan of the ADHL version if you have 0.5 SWC and 3pts spare. Dogged Panzerfausts / glu-guns are really quite good.

oldGregg likes this.
  4. LunarSol

LunarSol Well-Known Member

Mostly because they look like Aguaciles and aren't nearly as active as say, Morlocks. It's one of those things that you can tell someone, but doesn't quite sink in.

Smiler likes this.
  5. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

This happens quite often. I find them quite useful beyond DZ point defence and smoke bots. running one up the table and just having it run around breaking stuff and become a pain the ass for my opponent if it survives and I can largely forget about it.

Alternatively they are great at punishing an enemy assault piece that has over extended, which happens a lot especially if Emily is on the table as a lot of people will tunnel vision hard when it comes to putting her down. A good example was in a recent game when my opponent went deep with a hac tao in an attempt to kill her, which left it out of position and too far forward which allowed the the Jag on my following turn to throw a smoke out run around the terrain piece and slap the stupid out of it.

Savnock and oldGregg like this.
  6. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Violence Is The Solution™ after all.

Savnock likes this.
  7. inane.imp

8. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Starco tactica
    How to deal with Hac Tao?
    :sunglasses:

Tourniquet, inane.imp and oldGregg like this.
  9. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I'd do the latter. Docs are just so damned useful, as are Jags.