1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCo Lieutenant?

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by DaRedOne, Mar 22, 2018.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Only sensible Emily COC combo is with Brigada MULTI Rifle LT.

Links spoil us, but really, the guy's a truck. Still be a niche build, I don't see it happening but it would be nice for not-Corrigador players to experience Ramboing an LT without a care once or twice.

reaper1714 and Zewrath like this.
  2. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

....also Hellcat LT, but... why??!

3. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Your math is off. BS 13 +3 (range 20-40cm/8-16inches) +3(link) -6 (speculative) =13. 10 would be from 0-8" and 16-24" due to the X-visor

xagroth likes this.
  4. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Urgh, that's even more annoying Lt. Choices then with Corregidor! Damn, what at rotten gift giving "Nomads" finally a CoC option but then limiting it that way! Curse you CB!

#24 McNamara, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  5. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Just as if somebody planned it for balance reasons :thinking_face:

6. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Less balance reasons and more nonsensical gameplay design. Whats the point of giving CoC to an army that can barely use it?

Whatever, it just means taking Emily makes it safe to use an obvious LT Brawler. And why not take Emily? She is SO good.

#26 Death, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  7. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Sectorial armies have to have some disadvantages and weaknesses, NA2 armies are no different.

StarCo has a single MSV2 profile. It has very limited lieutenant options. It has a lot of irregular troops. No TO or hidden deployment. A lot of units are low AVA. It's pretty restricted on remotes.

That's just part of the identity of the force, and having limitations like this makes list building and playing the army more fun :)

#27 Leviathan, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    DaRedOne likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Alguacil Lt 1SWC 10 points. Brawler Lt 0 SWC 16 points...

You do realize that having AVA 2 Hellcats (THE best AD troops in the game), plus Raoul Spector (CC 22 and Natural Born Warrior, EM/2 melee weapon, NWI, Drop Bears...) who can enter like a Tiger soldier means your need for TO troops is severely reduced, right? XD

Also, I can imagine a Dual Pain Train (Brigada HMG + Brigada Tinbot + Brigada Hacker + Masacre + Daktari, Haris Riot+ Spitfire Riot+Avicenna for example) being very popular, since where else you can run wild with so many linked HI? XD

DukeofEarl and Leviathan like this.
  9. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I hate cheap useless Lts. And being forced to use them just isn't fun.

MB plus Anaconda is really the only Lt. option which makes sense with CoC.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

They are an option after all. Corregidor's 0SWC cheapest Lt is the Wildcat, I think... 19 pts? (well, 9pts Moderator in Bakunin...) or the Intruder.

Shame Emily can't be Lt at all, I was expecting to be able to have a Riots fireteam with a Lt inside

11. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I think a brawler haris with MSR and lieutenant is interesting thanks to Emily. Same for al alguacil link with Emily.

The same goes for mobile lieutenant in a core. We will not have a rambo lieutenant like a kriza, but we can risk them more with the link troopers

Is a pity that neither Emily or Spector don't have the lieutenant option, but maibe we have to try first

12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

While true, this isn't McNamara's point. His point is that the Lt. options are either limited to extremely obvious Lt. options who either restricts your SWC or something that doesn't restrict you, SWC-wise, while being even more frail to assassains. Having CoC is a cruel taunt when you have literally only 1 "rambo" Lt., who just so happens to start in your own deployment, with a short ranged weapon, no less... Now if only CB listened, when I told them to make the HMG the Lt. option in their horrible "new" Corregidor 300 point box, rather than the truly lackluster boarding shotgun profile. -_-

xagroth and McNamara like this.
  13. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Yeah Emily or Raoul should have at least an option of Lt. I didn't find Raoul's profile in the PDF so I still have a shred of hope he might end up with one after all.
    And Corregidor is one of the most screwed Sectorials regarding Lts. so using them to justify an even bigger screw up is worth much. :/
    After all StarCo just seems a bit hamstrung when you compare it to Druze or JSA.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Nah, Corregidor is the kiddie wheels sectorial, a bit of almost everything, but no fancy tricks but the smoke combo and to go at it with suicidal courage.
    No wonder the players who main Corregidor go for the tough guy no-nonsense bar-brawling with an attitude.

Zewrath likes this.
  15. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Wonder if its worth taking a cheeky Hellcat LT and letting Emily take over start of turn one, without the opponent realising...

16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Doesn't work. It only works when you get Isolated or go in a Null State, you do neither in that case. :(

reaper1714, Balewolf and xagroth like this.
  17. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Is this possible? I think CoC only comes into effect when you LT enters Null or Isolated state, so I guess it must be on the table in the first place, right?

EDIT: Ninja'd

18. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Damn. For a moment there I thought the Hellcat LT had a point!

19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Start in table with 0g. Other than that...

Oh, yes. Decapitation exploits in the last ITS

20. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

This. So much this. Although I'd run two three man teams instead of one 5 man and one 3 ladies due to budget constraints.

As for the LT talk, honestly I'm starting to think CoC Emily won't be using her CoC much. The more I think about it, the less I like the idea of a rambo LT in this army, and the more I think just a brawler or algualcil prone in a roof will do.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation