1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiral in N4

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Monster, Sep 21, 2020.

1. nethervoid

nethervoid Well-Unknown Member

Yeah, I aware about annex.
    Still, using mirrorball in ARO a bit unclean to me. Assuming enemy unit executes order in LoS of Kriigel Agend and he decide to ARO with Mirrorball.
    - If enemy would declare BS attack against Kriigel, would it be normal rolls or FtF?
    - Where can Kriigel place Eclipse template in case of success?

2. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Mirror Ball is exactly like an Eclipse Grenade, except instead of having range it has ZoC and it counts as a Technical weapon (so no Fireteam boosts and uses WIP).

It would be a face-to-face roll, and you can place the template anywhere within ZoC that blocks LoF of the attack.

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Please read the rules for Eclipse ammunition on page 70 for the first rule question. Second bullet. Mirrorball is a type of attack using Eclipse ammo.

Please confirm the weapon's traits on page 14 of the annex, and then read the explanation on the weapon's Zone of Control trait on page 153 to see where the template can be placed.

At least by my reading, the N3 requirement that the template be placed completely inside the ZoC of the user is gone.

melkiach and Hannibaliafun like this.
  4. Delta57Dash

Well, the Igao got it's Frenzy back. Which is probably fair, considering how cheap he is (and his new Eclipse tricks).

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

The whole frenzy thing isn't a big deal anyway. Frenzy only activates in the next states phase, which is at the end of the turn in which the unit inflicted a wound.
    Realistically, the Igao doesn't survive longer than this one turn, anyway.
    If you want him to survive, though, your best bet isn't camo or cover, it's using mirrorball centered on himself, forcing whoever tries to kill him into CC or speculative attacks with templates.

melkiach and meikyoushisui like this.
  6. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

Back to the Nema LT discussion.

With the 15 order limit I know I'm looking at including fewer irregular orders (usually two fewer), so I'm not expending as many command tokens there as I was in N3 where I had (3) helots AND a diplomat, because why not? Isn't that how you start every list in Spiral right before the (4) chaksa flamers?

Chances are you're still not using an engineer or doctor to fix anything where you're using rerolls.

I believe that in the N4 world where we're limited to 15 models (and we'll have to see what the global community adapts to, but it's usually "standard game rules...") having the extra LT order on a good gun fighter with access to COC will be significantly more valuable than the ability to reform one triad throughout the game. This may allow you to reach out with one or two more moves to shoot a target you couldn't have otherwise reached, and then potentially drop back into the triad after you spend your last order, but before you pass into the states phase.

7. nethervoid

nethervoid Well-Unknown Member

We got weird news, boyz:
    Neema got her +1 Command Token back, (:tada:), but (actually, very big BUT), only on spitfire lt profile. Which is...weird.
    On good side, it's something to consider, on bad side... She'll be still unpopular choise in SC, since army starving for SWC points, so I have uncertain feelings like there's change, but in reality nothing changed (but may be a thing in Tohaa).

#107 nethervoid, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    melkiach and meikyoushisui like this.
  8. meikyoushisui

Are we sure this is not a mistake? They may have meant to give it to both profiles.

Edit: I just found it. I really don't get this as a decision. The Lt orders should be on the unit that could actually function solo (the Spitfire) and the CT should be on the unit that wants to hang back and command (the Breaker Combi).

Adding NCO to the Ectros I guess helps a little, but Neema + Ectros is already a really pricey link.

#108 meikyoushisui, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  9. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I don't have firm feelings on it, but I can sort of see some use for each based on how they've broken it down; the spitfire profile is a shoo-in for tricore linking as a pure gunboat with a secondary group aiming to convert helot orders regular to fuel a less order-hungry piece or two, whereas the breaker combi can be part of a team that you expect to get up close, break and start spending Lt orders to close into/fight in melee (much more viable with 6-2 MOV).

Or just do as I do and never run her as a lieutenant because 4pts saved is 4pts earned dammit.

10. FinalNemesis

FinalNemesis Member

I'm sure Ectros will be cheaper in N4 and there is always the option of using Ectros and Neema in separate Triads.

What I'm really hoping though is that fireteam rework will allow LT orders to be spent on fireteam when the LT is the fireteam leader. Concept wise it's odd that the NCO can spend its order in the fireteam but the LT cannot.

11. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Keesan getting full wildcard adds some interesting options.

Brawler teams for one. The Kriigel + Reex triad for another. Tasty one I like is Aelis + Draal FTO + Kaauri Paramedic. Anyone else see some good combos?

Cothel and melkiach like this.
  12. meikyoushisui

Aelis + Kiel-Saan + Kauuri Paramedic seems pretty obvious to me. Hacking coverage for the one hackable in the list seems nice, and she also covers some of the stuff the Kiel-San struggles to crack with K1.

Zsimbi and Cothel like this.
  13. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

B3 medikit on the Kauuri also handy

14. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

Any ideas after playing Games.
    I find igao awesome.

15. Soul Hunter

Soul Hunter Member

SMG/EMitter/Mines Kiiutan Imposter is awesome
    AP Marksmen Draal in a Tri-Core is awesome
    Mirrorball in general is awesome
    Kaauri Senitels are awesome.

16. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Kaauri are great little corner guards and anti-warband threats. Being able to see through smoke slows down impetuous smoke-tossers so much.

Angry Clown likes this.
  17. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

I agree. Kaauris are perfect example of a nice deployment guard.

Cheap. Has weapons. Can attack through smoke. Have template weapons and powerful against infiltrator and assasins.

I need to chop them little bit to make them S1 though.

18. El tito Zylito

El tito Zylito Active Member

guys how do you handle high ARM enemies like TAGs or even worse, TAGs with mimetism -6 like sphinx or cutter?

because i find the match up very hard, i cant figure anyting effective .

thanks for your time mates

19. Delta57Dash

TAGs in general don't like facing Tri-Core Draal in a Face-to-Face. BS 16 with ODD and a +1B AP Marksman Rifle will chew through most TAGs fairly quickly, usually forcing them to either abandon their defensive position or die.

The Taagma Sniper can also (usually) force a TAG to retreat into cover, as unless they have BTS 9 they don't want to be eating too many Viral Sniper hits and you'll usually heavily outrange them. The MSV2 nicely counters any Mimetism they might have.

Both of those approaches only really work in active turn though, if the opponent leaves the TAG outside of total cover. Both can also offer some resistance in ARO but if your opponent is smart they will try and deal with them in other ways before advancing the TAG (or just out-burst you with an HMG).

One of the better ways to deal with a TAG, though order-intensive and deployment-dependent, is to use our excellent forward deploy options. Greif Operators carry D-Charges or +1B Breaker Pistols, Kiiutan Imposters carry E/M Mines and E/Mitters (which will isolate + immobilize the TAG, so unless they can get an Engineer to run over the TAG is pretty much out of the game), and both the Igao and Jaan Staar are well-equipped to either kill or severely annoy a TAG in melee.

Even a humble Clipsos in Suppressive Fire Mode can impose a terrifying -12 to anything with 24" that lacks MSV2, which can force your opponent to waste orders digging it out instead of devastating things with the TAG. You're unlikely to do any damage to a heavy TAG in cover, but you can at least make it think twice about leaving that cover.

If you can't get to the TAG to kill or E/M it, it's important to remember that the opponent has invested ~1/4-1/3 of their points into a single model, which leaves the rest of their list relatively weaker. If you can get one of your Impersonation/Camo troops into their backline and kill off their order-generating models, you can leave the TAG with too few orders to actually get anything done. Jaan Staar is EXCELLENT for this, bringing both a Template Weapon in his Light Shotgun and Shock Mines; he can devastate an entire Core-link in just a few orders if he can get into the right position.

TAGs are at their best when they can use their superior statline and weaponry to open up the map for the infantry to accomplish an objective. Drain their order pool or tie them down with CC/negative mods and you can take a lot of wind out of their sails.

20. Wylde83

Wylde83 The Cyberpunk Guy
    Warcor

The Aelis + Draal FTO + Kaauri Paramedic sounds great, but you got the issue that Aelis is a Wildcard yes but she don't bring the Special Triad Skill with her , so you can't build a special Triad without a Kiel-Saan ( he is the only one who can build a special Triad because he brings the Skill with him )

You can proof it in the armybuilder, I was thinking all the time too you can make a draal fto + 2 Kaauri Paramedics or 3 Kaauri Paramedics or something, but they don't have the Option without the Kiel-Saan :/

Here some screenshots:
    Screenshot_20210405-172735_Infinity Army.jpg Screenshot_20210405-172723_Infinity Army.jpg Screenshot_20210405-172710_Infinity Army.jpg

#120 Wylde83, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation