1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculate, Speculate, The Fifth Of... Wait, That Doesn't Rhyme With [November].

Discussion in 'News' started by Del S, Sep 12, 2018.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You will get a full reveal in time, as with every other preorder you will know the important stuff the time it is up on the webstore for preorder.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I assumed that there was an NDA involved. That's why I phrased my question the way I did.

You dust off La Guillotine? :smiling_imp:

Yeah, funny, that's not how it worked out for Uprising.

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Oh so we're getting an actual lore rundown?

Just kidding. We won't get crap and you'll threaten bans to anyone posting snippets from the book like HSN3.

xagroth and Aldo like this.
  4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Which actually isn't a bad idea. IP and all this stuff.

Yog.0, YTonic, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  5. kanluwen

It's one thing to forbid people from literally posting photos of the book as a whole.

It's a whole different kettle of fish to do the same for anyone posting a couple of photos of nothing but a cool piece of art or the like.

6. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Nah, would be a waste of bread that could be better used with cheese and meals.
    We need them to be able to talk.
    Don't be feared, we have tons of blogs written by teenagers to make them read full of spelling mistakes that would burn their eyes. And we have really bad singers too (and Canada provided us Justin Bieber to help us in our task).

About the guillotine, I don't know how was treated death sentence in the rest of Europe (and I know that US still have it in some states) but just for you to know : while young ones like me are blessed to not have seen those dreaded times, you should know that it was still used until 1981 (the year we abandonned sentence by death) so people like my mother have known those times where there were still executions with a guillotine. And there was still the proposition to reintroduced death sentence by one of the candidates for the President elections in 2002. We can laugh at it know because death sentence became rarely a thing in the last years (about one per year) of service thanks to our Presidents (they used a lot their power to commute death sentence in another sentence instead).[/QUOTE]

Plex and xagroth like this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

@Ayadan not to put too much of a damper on your day, but the guillotine is to date the second most humane means of executing a death penalty that I know of (the most humane I know of is to put the convict in a pressure chamber from which you remove oxygen and carbon dioxide from the gas mix - this method has as far as I know never been used in any penal system)

BLOODGOD likes this.
  8. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Still, which end ?

You're a monster ! Better go with that guillotine thing !! Just like Mahtamori said :p

9. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Well I guess I`ll preorder book then.
    I haven`t yet read JSA fluff in Uprising but book itself is worth purchase for me because of StarCo and Ikari fluff + all dire foes stuff in single book. Bonus points on non-wasting pages for unit profiles.

A Mão Esquerda and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  10. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Me pre ordering the book all boils down to what the pre-order model will be. While I like the fluff, I usually just pick up bits and pieces from it from various websites and here.

11. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

As a follow-on to my previous, here is a photo of the 4 weapons.
    The magnet is 2mm diameter, so you can see how thin the bars are.

Rebots.jpg

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Valid point! "We have ways of making you talk, Mister Bond!"

Man, that's just cruel! :laughing:

That's not too hard to set up for magnetizing, though. I'd probably use 4 magnets for strength, drilling into the bar in 2 spots and into the notch in 2 spots. I'd only drill down into the bar enough to leave the magnet flush with the narrow part, drill holes in the notch to leave spaces for the magnets in the bar (and really deep for the magnets in the notch).

DukeofEarl likes this.
  13. Skyhusky

Skyhusky Well-Known Member

I shall speculate that this november, THIS NOVEMBER shall be the month my 2 year wait on being a WarCor shall be up. At this point, I don't even really care, it's just the running joke around my Meta. xD

YTonic and Stiopa like this.
  14. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Or you know, you could wait until after preorder to review the book and decide to buy, like a normal person.

Rather than demanding CB prove its worth your money so you can also get the free mini. That's exactly the opposite reason to offer a free mini.

15. kanluwen

Funny how CB needs to offer a 'bribe' in the form of a "free mini" for their expensive books while offering "free rules".
    Funny how people talk about how the lore is important...yet when people express wanting to know about the lore, it's a potentially bannable offense to share snippets.

I mean, funny to me I guess. I'd rather they stop offering "free minis" with the books and offer quality books instead but hey what do I know. ;)

16. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

On the subject of having to buy books for lore... have CB ever considered selling eBook versions of fluff and rules books?

xagroth likes this.
  17. Alphz

Funny how offering something to people who take a risk buying a book before they know whats in it is somehow negative.
    Its consolation if you don't like something. Pre-ordering is a risk. risk means it could go wrong, accept that or don't partake.

Again, literally nothing stopping you reviewing the book and purchasing later if you're worried you won't like it.

Now we can get in to the psychology of how pre-orders intentionally entice people because humans naturally have poor impulse control, little ability to grasp risk and inherent bias to assuming everything someone we like does will be great.

But if you're unhappy about those theres plenty that can be done for yourself.

#177 Alphz, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  18. kanluwen

Just so we're clear: you're advocating that the preorder models are a bribe because they think their product can't sell otherwise?

19. Alphz

Are you actually capable of talking about concepts without sliding the scale right down to "oppressively negative"?

I mean, if you want to pick out all the most negative terminology for the concept I'm describing, then sure. But then you're not really talking to me, you're just restating your opinion.

20. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

No, he is not capable, and yes, that is exactly what he is doing. For someone that is unfamiliar with kanluwen's presence in the forums, this is a remarkably accurate summation. I, for one, appreciated the honeymoon period during the forum switch.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation