1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Dodge and sixth sense ARO

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Tanan, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

look at the 4th clause, smoke is a template weapon. If the enemy is touched, then he can use 6th sense. If he is not touched, he is also not the objective, so no 6th sense

2. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Is it, though? The list I see in the wiki has only an entry with "Move + Attack", without specific skills. And if you follow the link on the word "Attack" - it takes you to the generic "Skill" page... which only mentions the "Attack" label. Which, as we now know, Smoke ammo removes.

I'm not even arguing that the way thing are played needs to be changed. I just want to have an authoritative ruling I can show people and say "this is the way it was intended to be" and not have to participate in yet another obscure rules discussion ._.

3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Sixth sense is badly written, the only requirement is being attacked (even if some of its effect doesn't need an attack)

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Then show them that BS Attack has the attack label. That doesn't mean that it'll produce an attack effect (similar to how using an objective isn't actually attacking anything, even if it is an attack - because otherwise you'd need an anti-materiel weapon to handle objectives)

5. Mahtamori

So, here's my most combined answers to the thread:

• For Sixth Sense you have to read each and every bullet point independent from the requirements. Some are meant to work prior or without being attacked. Most of the skill doesn't work otherwise and should've been removed if it was not meant to work. The requirement bullet point is simply put a fairly obvious typo.
    • Declaring a BS Attack with Smoke Special Ammo is declaring an attack, because nothing removes that label.
    • Being affected by a Template from Smoke Special Ammo is not being affected by an attack, because Smoke Special Ammo says so.
    • Nimbus does not cause friendly troopers to take Guts Rolls. Because doing so is ripe for exploiting and dumb. It's still an attack against enemies because it says so, not because it is consistent.

6. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

I have far simpler solution:
    1. Add “Attack” label to Special dodge. Rename “Special dodge” to “Special smoke attack” to avoid confusion. (not done)
    2. Allow friendlies to be in non-lethal impact template area of effect (already done in last faq)
    3. Troopers automatically pass guts rolls made by non-lethal impact template weapons (not done)

6th sense fixed, MSV fixed, stunned fixed, impetuous fixed, triggering guts rolls for friendlies fixed, mind boggling “BS attack that isn’t an attack” threads fixed

#66 Tanan, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  7. Mahtamori

1. Special Dodge is an effect that allows you to affect an FTF. You mean Smoke Special Ammo.
    2. If you do this, you would also be able to shoot Stun Grenades on them and most likely more.
    3. Auto-passing a Guts Roll does not prevent voluntarily failing it. Courage allows you to automatically pass a Guts Roll, for comparison's sake. What you mean to say is to clarify that it doesn't cause a Guts Roll at all.

Edit: also your solution doesn't actually fix the fact that you'd still have to read Sixth Sense while ignoring the requirements, because these situations are far from the only ones where actually taking the requirements as mandatory would cause fairly massive issues.

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

No, it just has "attack." That's why Impetuous KHDs can move + Redrum.

9. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

@Mahtamori
    1. Yes.
    2. Like I said, this step is already done. Didn’t want to paste the entire faq text.
    3. I was thinking more in line with close combat: “Troopers hit by <insert special dodge weapons> do not make guts rolls.

I’m not trying to fix all 6th sense issues, just this recent blunder.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation