1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec Ops private info

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Dr. Nik, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

A) This is consistent across all the courtesy list and the reason of my concerns about manual courtesy list. The ordered showed at the top of the list are the actual generated order.

My opinion: It would be better if the orders generated either represented the holo troopers or if the orders were completely removed from the courtesy. This would allow holo troopers to actually trick your opponents about their existence.

However, the courtesy list being consistent by always showing the real orders makes it so you can't alter it. As the information is always consistent with the real troopers, your opponent should expect that consistency when receiving your list.

Tip: if you wanted to hide a regular trooper into a warcor. You would need to include a hidden irregular trooper such as another holo or a camo irregular trooper.

If you purposely (to get an edge and "gotcha" your opponent) altered this so that your regular holo troop portraying a irregular trooper shows a irregular order on the courtesy list, you are straight up cheating. (For example, a list with no irregular trooper and a holo trooper with a sniper portraying as a warcor)

2. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Pretty much this, if you want to alter it either cut the orders (physically form the sheet), or do your shenanigans so the orders and the list matches, but inform your oponent about it.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Your opponent does not have any right to know that that order will be generated. That the courtesy list is revealing private information is a problem.

They are only privy to that information after it has been generated, at which point the courtesy list may very well be grossly out of date.

Courtesy List should not show orders at all.

colbrook likes this.
  4. Diphoration

Warcor

I agree and I think it should be changed to reflect that, but this is the system we are stuck with right now.

5. Mahtamori

I don't agree at all. You aren't required to hand over a print-out of Army's courtesy list when playing strict ITS, you're required to hand over a courtesy list that satisfies the game's rules on open information.

Even to the point where you are required to make sure there are no bugs if you're aware of them (I think Brawler spec ops still has bugged equipment)

6. Diphoration

Warcor

Additionally, every player must carry a printed copy of each Courtesy Army List. This version contains only the list’s Open Information so it can be shown to his adversaries upon request.

The only officially sanctioned Army List management tool for ITS play is Infinity Army, available for free on the Infinity website.

You are required to use the website tool to manage your lists in ITS.

And I don't see any scenarios where manually altering the information would be done in a way other than try to get an advantage over the system that is currently in place by playing with your opponent expectations.

7. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

This introduces a contradiction -- the Courtesy Army List does not contain only the list's Open Information currently.

8. Diphoration

Warcor

They really need to rework some of the quirks of the courtesy list generator to be better represented.

On one hand, you have the option to use a standardized tool that people expect to receive, even if it incoherent with some of the rules.

On the other hand, you have the option to make the list fit what the rules say, but you give information that your opponent is not expecting from the standardized tool.

While I don't agree with the information represented on the courtesy currently, I still think it should be the tool used without manual alteration, simply to keep the integrity of the events and have everyone bring standardized tool.

At least they all show the information the same way and the results are expected and predictable, manual alteration makes it so two people could have the same list, but different courtesy. The lack of uniformity makes it a nightmare to TO if a mistake comes up.

I will post a suggestion in army builder forum.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Nope, shows a Regular order when the WarCor is Irregular.

And yes, it is a MAJOR issue that the Courtesy List printed from Army is showing Private Information!

10. Mahtamori

Yeah, but I was responding to a post which claimed that the spec op (the Gui Feng itself) was showing on the courtesy list.

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Has anyone filed this as a bug report in Army Bugs so @Zoe can fix it?

The easiest answer being that courtesy lists should not show the Order count.

Sabin76 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation