1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Bots

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by loricus, Apr 10, 2018.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Just a quick acknowledgment of the bots (twice now). I don't know why they targeted Nomads. Just report then ignore if they're in the way, Storm works fast. And DON'T CLICK THEIR LINKS I know that sounds incredibly dumb but they wouldn't do it if it didn't work sometimes. DO NOT.

They aren't actually that annoying they aren't disguising them as real posts and it gets fixed right away so just move on.

Solar and xagroth like this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

They started disguising them as real posts. See the CJC Capture and Protect post.

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

That was already taken care of and I remember it being pretty obvious. Anyways, just be level 1 internet savvy people.

4. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

They were all over the Pan-O section a couple nights ago. Should be wiped when CB wakes up.

loricus likes this.
  5. Zayneth

Zayneth New Member

does anyone else find it personally amusing that nomads got hit with a hack/spam bot?

xagroth likes this.
  6. Civilized Barbarian

Turnabout is fair play I suppose. Maybe the Heckler will be a deserter from Yu-Jing and this is prerelease hype :grinning:

What's interesting to me is that all the bots are flooding into the first subforum they find under each link off the main page, just like when they hit Pan-O. But under the English Human Sphere they hit us halfway down the page instead.

7. Sergei Simonov

Sergei Simonov Well-Known Member

When I saw a post by Loricus called spam bots I excitedly clicked thinking it would be a cool high order REM list.

Now I am disappointed

Deltervees, DukeofEarl, sarf and 4 others like this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I actially only own 2 Zonds and a Servant. And I never use the Zonds!

Trying hard not to let this get to my head. Glad someone likes my posts!

#8 loricus, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  9. Civilized Barbarian

I'm no Ioricus but I'm more than happy to turn this into a REMspam thread. The mysterious "nautical zond" is the Tunguska unit I'm most looking forward to.

I've been wanting to run something like this for a while now:
    [​IMG] Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] ZOE & PI-WELL . (0 | 47)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDCAT Electric Pulse. (4)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

It's primarily a defensive list focusing on B2 flashpulse/Feuerbachs in ARO and repairing any bot that goes down. The main offensive tool is the SML locked via Sat-lock, Spotlight, or plain Forward Observer. The transductors are your friends for enabling that with repeater/sensor. Once the transductor's overextend and get shredded the Tsyklons can use their pitchers to reestablish the forward hacking area.

Weaknesses: Super obvious lieutenant. Enemy KHD will be a problem between your repeater net and Zoe's 0 BTS. Remember that EVO allows you to use a coordinated order for hacking. If you can reveal a KHD with your sensor bots you need to knock it out ASAP.

loricus likes this.
  10. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Not even a Reaktion Zond? What kind of ARO setup do you usually have in Corregidor?

11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

There's no such thing as an ARO guy and everyone can ARO. Depends on the set up. Ideally a guy I'm using for ARO is never shot at and doesn't have or need a concept of winning against an opponent that wants to be there. Horizontal AROs and indirect AROs (like Koalas or hacking) can slow down powerful troops and light mobile guys get melted by DTW cuz I'm playing Wildcats and Geckos, no one is easy to kill.

Hard to explain without a game demonstration.
    Here's sort of a genericized list that I've been playing the last couple months.

HRL is the closest to an ARO troop who is there largely to screw with Impetuous guys and armor that isn't good at F2F.

Geckos, who can only be put in a bad range with a sniper and can't easily be taken down with SK Combis (who are big dangers to horizontal AROs) because of armor. Wildcat Spitfire also tries to see across my DZ.

Then Geckos Chaincolts and 2 Wildcat Hacker/No2 with LFT stop light guys from stalking around without taking free hits.

Intruder HMG hides but cover their backs to stop smoke BS. For units like Saito, Oniwaban, Fiday, and Speculo. Because I have actual Camo and not just Mimetism they either need to lose out on their token to discover me or I wait until they are drawing a different ARO at the same time. E.g. Saito (I mostly fight him) smokes a Wildcat to get past the DTW and to CC and as he enters CC I shoot my HMG.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation