1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space Ranger's Work

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Space Ranger, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Space Ranger I don't know if the green above or the dark blue would work with the orange brown color the model currently has. I would however try this dark blue out next to the orange brown and see how it looks. Perhaps it will work or perhaps you might want to change the whole color scheme. I personally would compare both colors back to back and then make my decision.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It could be the image but right now it's a Red armor, Khaki vest with brown wash, and dark green fabrics.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think it's the khaki vest (looks very orange to me) clashing with the red armor. If you are going to make the cloth blue, you should probably push the armor to more orange than red. Or you can make the vest more red with a chestnut wash.

4. Space Ranger

this might help. The one with blue is more true to color. Also the khaki on the right was not highlighted yet to be lighter. actually now that I see them together, I might keep them both! I've said before that I want every figure in my Ikari different!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WolfofWinter and Golem2God like this.
  5. Golem2God

Go with whatever you think fits your idea. While i personally wouldn't pick these color combos I'll be looking to see what you'll do with them.

6. Space Ranger

So this is what I'm thinking. That red looks bit orange in the picture but it's close to a true red.

BTW. I think I have a name for my Druze: The Bloody Bastards!

[​IMG]

7. Golem2God

@Space Ranger Sounds like a good name for them. It certainly fits a Druze's job description.

Space Ranger likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Now for the mighty Hac Tao HMG! Unfortunately missing a shoulder thingy on the right. I've lost it but think it will show up at some point.

[​IMG]

9. Space Ranger

What's your guys thoughts on my little "mock up" of my McMurough? I got this fig from a from a friend and I call my Dahshat the White Tigers of the West. I'd like to find someone who can sculpt. I want to give him Shaolin like tabard.

[​IMG]

dhellfox, wuji, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  10. Section9

It's pretty easy to sculpt a tabard (one of the first things you should do when learning to sculpt, actually!). Use a couple pieces of plastic cling-wrap on the GS, then roll it out nice and thin (about 1mm). Let it set up for ~20min or so. Then use a very wet Xacto and cut out the shape you want.

11. WolfofWinter

WolfofWinter Well-Known Member

Enjoying looking at your pictures mate. I recently got the itch to start painting and playing again, hence my being back on the boards. I was recently given a Combined Army force, and your thread is getting me motivated!

Golem2God and Space Ranger like this.
  12. Space Ranger

I hope you do! I haven't been able to get out your way in a while. I'm sure those combined will look fantastic with your painting.

I'm about to show off my Druze. Shown earlier, but now done. Not sure what to work on next.

Golem2God and WolfofWinter like this.
  13. WolfofWinter

WolfofWinter Well-Known Member

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for them. I miss seeing you on Thursdays! I'll have to get my butt on over to G+, even just to hang out for a bit (my game is super rusty, it's been a year!)

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

Finally my Druze.The image looks a little on the orange size but they are bright red.

[​IMG]

15. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Space Ranger they look completely orange to orange brown and all other colors look normal, so I don’t think your camera settings are wrong. I mean no offense, but you may be a little color blind. Have you done a test? Often color blind people can’t fully see red.

16. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Nice final results by the way ;-)

17. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

The remotes in previous page look red in some photos, and a bit orangy in others. Other photos also show differences for the same model, like the bounty hunter with bike ones. In others I see you use direct flash, instead of no, off camera or bounced flash (cameras with fixed flash can do it via extra bouncer or mirror placed in front of bulb).

One trick is placing near the subject something of a well defined red (or whichever color(s) are causing problems). Brands tend to be very picky about packaging, worldwide, so placing in the picture a cut off from a cola drink or some other well know red could help figuring what is going on (and probably also correct the problem with a photo editor). Or keep it in the background, like that paper clip box. It could be the camera, it could be the lamps, it could be the room walls. Or yeah, maybe your eyes.

What colors have you used for Druze? Simplest way to figure how it should look, if we have the same paints at hand.

18. Space Ranger

Thanks for the advice. Right now all i have is my cruddy tablet. I could adjust a bit more in photoshop but can be lazy and it's at work. I'm using Vallejo Game Air, Bloody Red. I need to play more with the settings on the tablet too. I didn't use a flash. Just the hobby lights.

[​IMG]

Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  19. Section9

Yeah, your camera is doing some really weird things to your pictures if that's the Red you are using!

Sabin76 likes this.
  20. Space Ranger

I did use some orange for highlights but not like that! I'm going to try taking pics outside. But now I'm back to working on Yu Jing again.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation