1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some comments about Tunguska's special zonds and Perseus?!

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by freefall357, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Honestly? I find those to be much easier to deal with than other stuff because they're hackable and I'm playing Tunguska. Mary Problems and an Interventor with the variety of Repeaters available for Tunguska means that I can stop their rambo-ing relatively easily.

We're getting into the art of going second, deployment and ARO tactics, but If my opponent has a Cutter or an Avatar, that means they have a trooper with a long range gun who wants to engage in firefights. I can hide my stuff behind total cover, and force them to close in if they actually want to get eyes on a target, which is where they are vulnerable to my hacking. If my opponent has a Su-Jian or Achilles or whatever, I use very long range AROs to slow their advance (Spektr MSR on a flank in a raised position able to see your own half of the board but not be fired on from their deployment zone is very useful for this, but links can do it to) and then deploy my hacking to deal with them as they try and close to my DZ. And in either case, I have the Heckler Jammer, who is fantastic at slowing access to my DZ.

Like I said, on paper, I agree with you. How do I deal with a Su-Jian without cheap shit to jam it up and slow it down? But actually all the mid-cost Tunguska stuff is pretty good, you get quite a lot of it and they have good shooters that can drain enemy orders, fantastic hackers that can deal with the heaviest stuff... compared to Vanilla Nomads they are losing out on Morans but it's liveable you know? And I think you make a fine point there too, TJC is only as good as board control as a lot of other factions vanilla at best, better than many, and they all survive!

2. MindwormGames

MindwormGames Well-Known Member

I dunno about Tunguska. Every time I make a TJC list I wonder why I’m not playing Vanilla.

There’s little I want to get out of TJC. I LOVE the new units, but I don’t need them in a fireteam.

freefall357 likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Probably.

Odysseus and Menelaus aren't the only ones lost.

Also, Aleph probably has standing kill orders for all Greeks who go MIA during battles with the EI and come back. They're supposed to kill themselves, and Aleph nukes their backups when they're declared MIA-presumed dead. I can only imagine how upset the Greeks will be to discover that Mommy Aleph wants them dead on their triumphant return to the Human Sphere.

But I can totally see the Nomads 'deprogramming' a Myrmidon. I mean, they've done it with Avicenna and Wallace, so they know they can disconnect a created persona from Aleph without damaging the persona. And by opening up the Myrmidon, they can verify that there's no VoodooTech inside from the EI. Ergo, no connection to Aleph, no connection to EI, perfect for the Nomads.

inane.imp and sarf like this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I will say, I'm getting a vast amount of mileage from the Securitate/Grenzer/Perseus link. Raoul can even go in, he's probably better as a drop troop but I dunno, five man link bonuses are pretty awesome...

inane.imp likes this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

"No connection to EI" <Citation needed> ;)

loricus likes this.
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Every character will eventually be buffed and moved to Combined and there's nothing we can do about it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation