1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So will this be an even grimmer year for tohaa?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Sora9785, Jan 30, 2018.

1. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

Most people honestly would have thought sect for the Tohaa faction.

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

One does not exclude the other.

3. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Well, the same way that StarCo is not a Nomads Sectorial Army, is a non aligned army

Cothel, Abrilete and Thaddius like this.
  4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

With thith argument, JSA would be stay at Yu Jing, cause the Ninja is in vanilla Yu Jing and in the "sectorial" of JSA.
    Thats not a vaild argument.

#204 Ben Kenobi, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Cothel and melkiach like this.
  5. psychoticstorm

Understandable, but since we have not seen the list, we cannot complain about things we do not know.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  6. tokumei

Thank you I was so tempted to bring up that exact thing.

melkiach likes this.
  7. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

@psychoticstorm it's just an observation of the talk on the Round Table at the interplanetario, they say Triumvirate will be an NA2

We just feel a bit disapointed because we think it will be a Tohaa Sectorial Army, just that

also i feel a bit better, because i don't want a Tohaa Sectorial Army full of mercs, i think most of Tohaa players have joy playing different way with they Tohaa, that's one of the best things of Tohaa, they different approach

Hiereth likes this.
  8. psychoticstorm

I said it is understandable and I would not object this discussion, but after we see what the list is about.

There are sound reasons why Triumvirate should better be on NA2, beyond that we do not know anything about it.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Who by the way said, that Triumvirate will be the next "sectorial"? This sentence can stay for it alone and isn't a proof for it.

10. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

If previous ITS challanges, and Beasts of War campaigns remain the same, the glaring difference is that it will not count towards Tohaa victories if it is a NA2 army. As we do not know the full information on how it will act in future events, this is not so much of a complaint as it is a concern which I hope is taken into consideration.

11. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

I totally share this concern

Abrilete likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

I really understand this point of view for NA2, I am not sure how NA2 will evolve in the future towards campaign and challenges participation.

Grathak and nehemiah like this.
  13. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

For what it's worth, the Triumvirate being merc-heavy has been rumoured for a couple of years already.

Abrilete likes this.
  14. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Please stop being intentionally deft.

It is not a Tohaa sectorial because it is a NAA sectorial. Just like Ikari is not JSA, or StarCo is not Nomads.

tokumei, Abrilete and melkiach like this.
  15. tokumei

This honestly I'm pretty pessimistic for Tohaa next year.

Abrilete likes this.
  16. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I will argue exact opposite. StarCo IS a Nomad sectorial, and Ikari is a JSA sectorial.

Why would it not be? Both lore and rules agree, it is. Why would a different tag change who they are? They bring same units as their core component and provide a different yet similar play experience.

Zsolt likes this.
  17. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

This!

And please don't bring Druze into Triumvirate please! For some reason I don't like mercanaries.

I have no idea, how would a proper Tohaa sectorial look like. Tohaa is already a sectorial - limited number of troops, link team, high AVA on everything - there isn't room to play with fireateams, as they all have to be Triads, unless Triumvirate break the rules in this, and take go back to regular Core + Haris + Duo, which doesn't make much sense, there isn't enough Tohaa troops, to removing some from the sectorial, and adding others, there's no room to play with AVAs, as everything is near total.

So unless CB suddenly releases half a Tohaa sectorial, which is unlikely, for each new sectorial armie get a few extra troops only, the only option left for CB is take half of currently existing Tohaa, and slap some extra on them. Like a nice anti CA coalition force, consisting of Pano and YuJing or Aleph troops and a Triad or two. They are always left out from NA2, this may be an interesting opportunity to see them (Druze stealing our Peacemakers doesn't count! JSA getting bored with communism obviously doesn't count either).
    For example a 5man Fusilier core + a Triad would be interesting. Triads limited to one here, for reasons.
    Maybe wardrivers too, so they can show, they are worse hackers than even the Tohaa.

Hiereth likes this.
  18. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Sorry to disappoint, but Triumvirate has been tagged as THE merc sectoral for at least 3 years now, not wanting mercs in it is like not wanting katanas in JSA.

19. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Ok, just not druze

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation