1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So will this be an even grimmer year for tohaa?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Sora9785, Jan 30, 2018.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

But they also work for the benefit of the Tohaa and the neutralization of the EI as a threat, and are just willing to use monstrous means in furtherance of their goals, not to mention most Tohaa believe they are a myth. Though, as long as they will count towards Tohaa for campaigns as well as ITS challanges rather than just being lumped in with the rest of the NA2 I will not be disappointed on that side of things.

The larger problem with them rumored to be NA2 is that the big hype around sectorials is all the new stuff that comes out to fill out the sectorial that will also be available for the Vanilla faction. If they are NA2 I do not expect as many, (if any new units), for use in Tohaa, which is difficult to get excited about after waiting a year for some attention to be directed at Tohaa.

I expect it will be an interesting and fun sectorial, but this is probably the last rumor Tohaa players wanted to hear.

I am expecting we will see more in the way of Exalted units, if not their sectorial next year, as they could have some units which would fit into a core fireteam.

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

For the good of Tohaa or not, they interrogated a digested the thing the Tohaa race swore they would rather face elimination to prevent happening, they are traitors to their species and an invalidation for all the struggles and losses Tohaa have suffered, even if they are believed to be a myth working normally next to Tohaa is a huge risk with unforeseeable consequences, been NA2 makes much sense from a fluff perspective.

Now I would advice complaining after you see the list.

ChoTimberwolf, Ben Kenobi and Grathak like this.
  3. Grathak

Grathak Well-Known Member

I think this means it will be a new Tohaa sectorial (which name is yet to be revealed?) and the Triunvirate as NA2 aswell. Maybe the Triunvirate shares units with this new sectorial, as StarCo shares Alguacils, Mobile Brigadas and others with Corregidor.

It would make sense for me. My hype is growing now. XD

DukeofEarl and nehemiah like this.
  4. nehemiah

Agreed, I think just hearing about the NA2 status of Triumvirate without hearing anything else has made many Tohaa players nervous, and understandably so.

Cothel and Grathak like this.
  5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

They are just the cool guys, who do stuff normal Tohaa are afaid to do (and occasionally mess it up). "Boohoo don't touch my digester".

Defending the digesters from EI and similar races doesn't mean you want your race to go extinct. You can still be on team digester, with some help from the actual dude you are defending. It can also pull it's weight in the fight, not just sit there and digest away.

6. psychoticstorm

Well its not how the "digester protector races" work I am afraid, I dread to think of the consequences tot he Tohaa race if that secret is found.

Stiopa and Ben Kenobi like this.
  7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's too black and white.

I don't exactly get yet what actually is a digester, but from the fluff you mentioned above, that exact digester were aware, that Tohaa messed with them. So "something" found out the secret, and nothing happened, the digesters didn't really retaliated, apart from messing up badly the Triumvirates plans about it, of course. The masses can be manipulated, and anything can be presented in a form, that people would accept, that they are still the good guys, just a bit differently from now on.

I suppose I'm not the only one, who made the connection between Aleph and EI, the EI being something that Aleph may easily turn out to be given some time. Something similar may be with the Tohaa and the Ur, the digester race (forgot the buzzword for it) turning into a seeker race on step at a time. With the difference that Ur (or the EI) were always a seeker race as far as I know.

8. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

It does make sense to have the Triumvirate as an NA2 army instead of lumped into Tohaa, but that's not the real problem. The problem is that this leaves us Tohaa players feeling like our actual army is still getting ignored. Now if we see the Triumvirate come out next year under NA2 AND we also get an Exalted (or some other) Sectorial with some nice new toys I doubt there will be any complaining at all from the Tohaa players. Ok, there will always be complaining because humans are humans. The point is Tohaa players feel neglected and without hope. We are tired of the lack of attention from CB while other factions that are bursting at the seams get more Sectorials. Then players from those factions tell us to shut up and be happy because we are "in a good place" or "Tohaa don't need a Sectorial".

ChoTimberwolf, Abrilete and Grathak like this.
  9. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

We will not get anything else besides the NAA Triumvirate. Don't hope for anything and you will not be disappointed.

NO Exalted sectorial for us for sure (Aliens are so difficult to conceptualise etc etc)

10. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I don't understand the issue. Tohaa are in a great place. We were good before Sukuel bullshit and we're very over the top now. So rules wise Tohaa are in a fine place and if anything need a nerf rather than new profiles.

Models wise, yeah we are missing some sculpts, but not many and particularly not much that can't be effectively represented by something else. If I were CB I would not be making Tohaa a top priority either.

Teslarod and andre61 like this.
  11. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

That argument doesn't make any sense:
    - Nomads is in a great place. Yet, they received Tunguska.
    - Ariadna is in a great place. Yet, they received TAK.
    - ALEPH is in a great place. Yet, they received OSS.
    - PanO is in a great place. Yet, they are getting Varuna.
    - Tohaa won't receive any release this year. Yet, we are constantly told to shut up, stop complaining and buy models from other Factions.

Alkasyn, melkiach, Thaddius and 5 others like this.
  12. psychoticstorm

Have you seen the NA2 army list? if yes, I would be interested to know the details.

@Zsolt
    Digesters are a recording device of unknown purpose, many speculate, none knows, maybe they are arcs from the future send in the past to recover history and recreate a destroyed universe, maybe they are a project from a long lost race, maybe they are arcs from the past to the future, maybe they are weapons, nobody knows, what everybody knows is they record anything and everything, now in the Infinity universe an intelligent race will either seek to protect them or open them, those swearing to protect them take to great lengths their non interactivity, who knows why?

What we can learn is that Digesters do not communicate with the outside world, so the digester has not communicated to the other digesters (that we know of) or to the Tohaa that a rogue faction has interrogated it, but also are intelligent, enouph to falsify the information given with malicious intent, maybe it is a self defence mechanism?

So Tohaa a sworn protector race that has payed dearly for its oath learning some of their kind did what the Combined Army never managed to do (so far) will be devastating.

I can see Triumvirate making their big operations in secret away from the main Tohaa forces.

melkiach and Ben Kenobi like this.
  13. nehemiah

This is an accurate statement. Look at all the other factions complaining about all the shiny new toys they are getting. It is somewhat absurd really.

14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Might be the time to point out that NA2 is not "the Merc Faction" but Non Aligned Armies.

Whatever happens there simply didn't fit anywhere else, the NA2 Sectorials are not in correlation to each other or the Vanilla Factions.
    Nomads were happy enough with Starco to call it their 3rd Sectorial at the time of it's release anyway.

What's the problem if the traitor splintergroup for Tohaa shows up in NA2 as long as Vanilla gets some of their new troops?

melkiach and nehemiah like this.
  15. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Noooooooo!!!!! Vanilla Pano was and is in a scary, dark, mid-tier place, with no smoke where other factions can also shoot better and better because of power creep, and we still can't do anything else but shooting.

16. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Maybe the exrah are working with The triumvirat. In the RPG book there was a Passage, that they got demoted by The EI because of smuggeling weapons out of the Ur hegemonys System.

Maybe that were the triumvirat and Sone of the Exrah joined them

Teslarod likes this.
  17. nehemiah

There is no problem if Tohaa does, but it is worth pointing out that StarCo was created from already released models, (minus Raul), and added nothing to new to Nomads. Which is why Tohaa players are bit on edge hearing it is going to be a NA2 faction.

18. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

Get told we are getting a sectorial after months of nothing (a confirmed year of nothing for 2018) and a very meh year before that. Turns out the new sectorial we were told we were getting isn't even for our faction. The complaints are actually pretty valid.

#198 tokumei, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  19. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/48244-triumvirate-sectorial/

Lets not forget that Triumvirate were initially spoken about being a Tohaa sectorial at Adepticon 2017. Yes we didn't have NA2 and I don't necessarily mind a shift but has been said above has been true. We have been told numerous times that a new sectorial is coming but to find out that it's not really a sectorial is a kick is a bitter pill to swallow.

@Abrilete said it the best when saying that just because a faction is in a good place doesn't mean you can't change/improve it. When you stop seeking change or improvement you're going to stagnate. I do not want this for Tohaa and my desire/interest for the game honestly isn't there without Tohaa as a live faction.

Grathak and melkiach like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

Well it is a sectorial and it will include Tohaa units (obviously) so why it is not a Tohaa sectorial?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation