1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, let's talk about that Morat Update...

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by DaRedOne, Nov 29, 2018.

1. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

yes, yes itis.
    So? whats the point, the tools are available and effective, if you use them. so use them

Fathoym likes this.
  2. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

Ok?

3. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

PanO got a bump and nobody but PanO is allowed to complain about anything. I mean, we have smoke and warbands. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

He's just here to police that.

Hecaton likes this.
  4. daboarder

Warcor

you just got abump, you just wouldnt recognize or know how to use it.

Part of this is that you GOT the same style of massively effective tools (that suryat+vanguard link is amazing) but you dont "use them" and dont want to admit thye exist.

5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Nah, the Suryat + Vanguard link is aight, the best thing Morats got was that new Oznat profile.

Plex likes this.
  6. Plex

Me: Morats are vulnerable going second because they have less tools for turn 1 board control.
    You: Morats have A, B, C and D. Just use those.
    Me: Everyone has A, B, C and D. But they also have E, F, G, H and I.
    You: HAHA. SEE? I'M RIGHT

Lesh', paraelix and Cthulhu363 like this.
  7. daboarder

Warcor

yeah shes baller

And the Raktorak Wildcard (SWEET)
    And theirs the Rodok haris packing an EI KHD

Theres also the Riacho mine dispenser (which you know, establish's that board control midgame pretty effectively.

Their is the choice of the Active B3 AP DA sogarat
    Or the Reacteive
    B3 AP ARO sogarat

Both of which get to drag cheap little scoring shotguns around with them

and while all this happened there hasnt been a loss of any of the strengths of the list
    Hunting party warband screens
    daturazi mimetic smoke and Spec fire
    Who cares about LoL lol

8. paraelix

Objectively - Nothing done in this update is a negative change. Even the removal of the Sogarat link is pretty irrelevant. The changes that were made, were positive changes. They added to what we already had.

However;
    1) The changes are almost universally to specific, individual unit loadouts instead of to the profile en masse. Meaning unit selection is more or less forced to those profiles over any others. Moreover, NCO on Raktoraks wasn't pitched as for 1 loadout, but for Raktoraks on the whole. *Edit - and none of the updated profiles retained a Lt option. Lt choices already being a problem for MAF.
    2) The changes are minimal in comparison to the other Sectorial that received an update in this book. You can't rebuild MO from the ground up and expect that Morat players will be happy with a handful of unit loadout changes.
    3) On top of changes being forced into specific loadouts, most the changes of consequence were made to profiles shared with Onyx - detracting from us getting something just for us.

Overall - MAF now seems to feel even more forced toward specific units at the expense of others. The changes didn't address fundamental problems with the faction design. And, we have to put up with every man and his dog from other factions coming in and telling us to suck it up.

#48 paraelix, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    itsuncertainwho, gru6y, Mask and 4 others like this.
  9. daboarder

Warcor

Theres this thing called points, its stops most lists being A B C D E F G H

And means, like morats they usually only get to pick around three.

So sure, limited in options for ARO, but thats not the same thing as limited in actual effective AROs that get put on the table

10. Hecaton

Loss of pitchers and a cheap BTS 6 KHD is actually significant. The Rodok KHD is a poor replacement.

itsuncertainwho, Plex and Cthulhu363 like this.
  11. daboarder

Warcor

sure, but she was always a toss up wiht the Edrone anyway and quite frankly its support for the List as a whole (see afformentioned units) means Id lean that way more often than not anyway

12. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

the KHD Rodok is a poor substitute for Bit and Kiss.

Hecaton likes this.
  13. Plex

Funny you mention points, because Morats pay more of them for a lot of stuff, that's why having minelayer and/or peripherals would be quite a boon to a faction that has no camouflage of their own.

Also, please do note that my tone has not been doom and gloom.

Also, I've never claimed that Morats lack board control options completely, just less options during deployment. we have mines on quite a few units and can do a good job of securing ground if we go first or come through turn one intact when going second.

14. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've seen this mentioned a few times. Unless I'm mistaken, there's been no update to the Onyx fire team chart so they can't take a Rodok Haris. In the same way that they can't take a Samaritan Haris (only the special Xeodron + Samaritan one).

15. paraelix

You are mistaken. The Fireteams list in the Wiki was updated at the same time as MAF/Varuna/IA/MO.

16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

@Fathoym the Sectorial charts on the wiki were updated a few hours ago.

17. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

:frowning: Silly me for checking the Profiles PDF on the main site!

emperorsaistone and paraelix like this.
  18. Hecaton

You'd be wrong. The issue was, with her pitchers and tagalong repeater, she supported the other hackers in the list (like the E-Drone, which is good with Pitchers because Exile's great). The Rodok KHD lacks reach both in terms of hacking and firefighting; Bit helped all of the hackers in the list project force.

19. daboarder

Warcor

she was active hacking defense, that focused on hunting and killing hackers rather than stacking strong hacking AROs.

The EVO is a relatively cheap support hacker that buffs a large number of units in Morats and has some really nice anti-link utility

Together they worked well with an EVO, but that was always a lot of points for a list with minimal use for hacking. and as such Id typically pick one, the one that offered more to the units Id be taking and go with that. in most cases that was and still is the EVO

20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I don't think these changes are going to catapult MAF to the top of the power rankings (such as they are) but I mostly like what I see and am going to be bringing these out to game nights more often. I'd mostly been playing Druze this year, but this will encourage me to blow the dust off my Morats and give them some more game time.

Dr.Lycosid, Skjarr and Plex like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation