1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So about this "points formula"

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by eciu, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Invincible Army in 2022 so I can get more bland IPs i can't play because the game system just doesn't work for them while the "cool" factions get new mechanics and tricksty stuff and like 7 sectorials while I have 2.

For realsies!

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Which is nice to bring Auxbots.

MO could for example bring this nice Seraph TAG with his trusty Auxbot to use their high mobility for and super jump ....

... oh wait...

... super-jump....

.... CB making special new 2 page rule to have Tunguska problem fixed .....

<sounds of a head hitting the wall>

Guardian, Zsimbi, Barrogh and 3 others like this.
  3. Jordan Joestar

Some silly stuff but it looks like fun. I for one am glad to see new whacky units and rules even if they aren’t for my faction, we’ll get our turn one day.

4. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

The puppets in vanilla are really weird. It kinda allows you to bring a link team.

fenren and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Puppets are literally 1 spec fired grenade from useless. Really not so worried about them.

Hollowmen also have Hyper Dynamics 2 - So Basically PH 13 for dodging - i'm getting confused with the new models already

#25 tdc, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    DukeofEarl, Tom McTrouble and Stiopa like this.
  6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No, that's PuppetBots.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I also don't get why the hollow Men are so cheap. I mean a Multi Rifle Hospitaller is 2 points more than a Multi Rifle Hollow Man. And the Hospitaller has frenzy.

He gives up melee capabilities for MOV 6-2, Super-Jump, no frenzy, -1 BS, chain-rifle, Breaker pistol, Courage, -4 PH. +2 points cheaper.

The 4 Hollow Men + Stempler Zond link cost the same points as the 2 Hospitaller + 3 Magister.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN Missile Launcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 35)
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] STEMPLER ZOND FTO (Super-Jump) Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 18)

4 SWC | 154 Points

Open in Infinity Army

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] KNIGHT HOSPITALLER HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 41)
    [​IMG] KNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 37)
    [​IMG] MAGISTER KNIGHT Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 32)
    [​IMG] MAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] MAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 22)

4 SWC | 155 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Well I'm done complaining now. Maybe Varuna will be cool whenever it happens.

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

It's because PanO's MO is all about HI and excell at it that's why Nomads Hollow Men link team is almost as good if not better than MO best Fireteam.

Zsimbi, Death, Hecaton and 8 others like this.
  9. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Its because chain rifles actively give point discounts.

Id gladly trade that cc on OS for vet however.

AdmiralJCJF, Stiopa and CabalTrainee like this.
  10. quickdrawgc

quickdrawgc Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You can't compare profiles in a vacuum. Sometimes things are done to balance availability of other items in the force. Taking any 1 profile and comparing it to any other 1 profile is just trying to find things to complain about. Comparing CB to GW because you don't think your toy is special is just immature.

11. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Yup, you're right! Thanks!

12. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, when our Codex comes we will be able to fight the other Codexes that got updated already!

Sounds familiar

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So remind me what exactly goes for MO, sectorial without Haris/KHD/WB, with a limited mixed links, expensive heavily restricted line infrantry (you cannot even link thing such simple as HD because of "reasons"), broken units (Seraph's "rules issue"), reduntant units (Teutons/FK/KotHS), with a quite a few dead profiles (combi KotHS, FKs) ?

14. Jordan Joestar

You’re right, I guess Infinity would be better if it stagnated and never got any new units or rules to prevent anyone getting upset. I don’t want to sound mean but I can’t call a faction that existed for roughly an hour over powered when I have not even played against it a few times yet. They seem enjoyable to play and play against with some pretty jarring counters I look forward to trying to exploit.

chromedog, quickdrawgc and Balewolf like this.
  15. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Assuming they aren't in a windowless room. Or hidden in the back corner of the deployment zone. You still need to get into a good or neutral range with your grenade launcher, and then have enough orders to hit multiple grenades on 9's (Squalo HGL) or on 11's (Montesa LGL) or worse (anything else save linked Fusiliers or Regulars). It's not impossible to spend 6+ orders on a Squalo HGL and get no results. I know I've spent an entire 10-order turn shooting grenades at the luckiest Designated Target in the world (either grenades missed, civvie successfully dodged, or made improbable armor saves repeatedly). Landed a crit on him on the very last order. What a miserable game, but at least I got my 5 points.

Zsolt likes this.
  16. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Nobody is claiming its straight op.

This is more of a , why do they get a 1 pound kobe steak cooked to perfection and we get a bowl of gruel.

Sure they might have equivalent nutritional value, but u know which youd enjoy eating more.

Hecaton, Dragonstriker and Stiopa like this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Duh, of course you can't compare things 1 to 1. Securitate or Hollow Men might be great, but in exchange the rest of the sectorial is simply awesome :v

Seriously, though: CB isn't going the GW way, but it's clear that they have a problem with attention span and design philosophy. They consider many of the old sectorials done, and don't revisit them even though it's obvious that they new shiny toys outshine the old ones.

TaHu, Death, Hecaton and 5 others like this.
  18. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

The puppeteer at least can't dodge.... hitting with the squalo is from upto 32"?

I've yet to play on a board with no access into a room...

You've also got infiltrators like locusts that can em or dropbear the guy out of action too

Stiopa likes this.
  19. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

They have two wounds and double unconscious.

fenren likes this.
  20. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

And all get Disconnected as soon as the Light Infantry unable-to-Dodge Controller goes down.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation