1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyscraper Rooftops Table

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by zagdag, Nov 28, 2018.

1. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

I have been off the forums for waaaaay too long, but still working on terrain. Dug out an old project and worked on it a bit: fully light up roof tops table. Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@WiseKensai and @natetehaggressor were kind enough to beta test and... meh, needs lots more work. I got some really good feedback on where to go next though.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

timberfox, Red Harvest, RAF and 5 others like this.
  2. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Here are some closeups of the radio tower. Its designed to prevent placement on the highest part effectively making it a two story with 6 inches of ladder between stories. It is meant to act as the highest ground on the board.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bassis was a kids toy astronaught tower i will link below (dont know the name). The antena are those little table that come in pizza boxes, pens, plasticard, cheap plastic paint brushes, and the inside of a shampoo pump bottle for the very top. One string of ten battery powered $1 shop xmas lights runs from top to bottom. Bird droppigs are rubbed sage from my spice wrack. Nest is a desert grass tuft (like for basing) that i covered in thin glue and rolled to shape, then used mustard seeds for eggs.

I quite like the whole effect, though it sucks to transport (as does the whole table).

Tower before paint:
    [​IMG]

Next update will be on holo signs made from plastic containers (tupper ware, xbox cases etc)
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very cool!

4. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Very cool, I like the smoke on the table.

Section9 likes this.
  5. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

I'll just leave this batrep here for posterity: Rooftop Table Beta Test

There are more pictures in the batrep of the table in action, for those interested.

Red Harvest, Xeurian and jherazob like this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

It has advanced quite a lot since the last time i saw it! Fantastic!
    [​IMG]

Red Harvest and Xeurian like this.
  7. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I love it. I can tell a lot of the pieces have been recycled, but none of them look out of place. Absolutely awesome. I would steal the idea, if my workbench wasn't already overflowing with unfinished projects.

8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Very nice work. A pro tip about this:
    [​IMG]
    This sort of plastic can be filed with a fine file or even a nail file to tidy up the ragged edges of the cuts and to smooth the curves.

andre61, Oyentido and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation