1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Skyscraper Rooftops Table

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by zagdag, Nov 28, 2018.

1. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

I have been off the forums for waaaaay too long, but still working on terrain. Dug out an old project and worked on it a bit: fully light up roof tops table. Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@WiseKensai and @natetehaggressor were kind enough to beta test and... meh, needs lots more work. I got some really good feedback on where to go next though.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

timberfox, Red Harvest, RAF and 5 others like this.
  2. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Here are some closeups of the radio tower. Its designed to prevent placement on the highest part effectively making it a two story with 6 inches of ladder between stories. It is meant to act as the highest ground on the board.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bassis was a kids toy astronaught tower i will link below (dont know the name). The antena are those little table that come in pizza boxes, pens, plasticard, cheap plastic paint brushes, and the inside of a shampoo pump bottle for the very top. One string of ten battery powered $1 shop xmas lights runs from top to bottom. Bird droppigs are rubbed sage from my spice wrack. Nest is a desert grass tuft (like for basing) that i covered in thin glue and rolled to shape, then used mustard seeds for eggs.

I quite like the whole effect, though it sucks to transport (as does the whole table).

Tower before paint:
    [​IMG]

Next update will be on holo signs made from plastic containers (tupper ware, xbox cases etc)
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very cool!

4. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Very cool, I like the smoke on the table.

Section9 likes this.
  5. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

I'll just leave this batrep here for posterity: Rooftop Table Beta Test

There are more pictures in the batrep of the table in action, for those interested.

Red Harvest, Xeurian and jherazob like this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

It has advanced quite a lot since the last time i saw it! Fantastic!
    [​IMG]

Red Harvest and Xeurian like this.
  7. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I love it. I can tell a lot of the pieces have been recycled, but none of them look out of place. Absolutely awesome. I would steal the idea, if my workbench wasn't already overflowing with unfinished projects.

8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest River Cool is where I belong

Very nice work. A pro tip about this:
    [​IMG]
    This sort of plastic can be filed with a fine file or even a nail file to tidy up the ragged edges of the cuts and to smooth the curves.

andre61, Oyentido and jherazob like this.