1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sixth Sense, LOF and Silent.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Like (almost) everything in Infinity, SSL2 should follow the "all happens at the same time", so when that model is attacked, the SSL2 effect that let him attack without LoF and facing triggers; letting the model apply it during the entire order.
    So the sequence would be:
    • Active: move to CC
    • Reactive: wait
    • Active: CC aatack
    • Reactive: I declare a BS attack at that point thanks to SSL2
    However as @ijw explained here, SSL2 is worded awfully and it's intended to work like a 360 visor when it triggers; so only in the smoke case you cannot attack back because you couldn't trace LoF with a 360 visor (but if you use the ignore requisites RAW you should). So, for a player that doesn't know how that is supposed to work, that FAQ means "SSL2 doesn't follow the golden rule of everything at one"
    I elaborated that above (in the post nº27 https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/sixth-sense-lof-and-silent.34161/page-2#post-270778)

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No, it shows that you can't shoot the person when LoF is blocked by smoke.

Ariwch and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If the intent of the FAQ was to show the interaction with the LoF being blocked and not the timing, wouldn't Sixth Sense be clearer (and still be accurate) if we removed the wording concerning LoF? (It already says that it also ignore facing)
    • Allows the user to respond with a Face to Face Roll to Attacks (and only Attacks) directed at him by an enemy inside his Zone of Control [...] regardless the facing of the user.
    • Allows the user to respond with a Face to Face Roll to Attacks (and only Attacks) directed at him by an enemy [...] regardless the facing of the user.
    If the LoF still blocks the possibility to BS Attack back, what is even the purpose of that bit of text? Does it ever come into play in any scenario?

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

But Sixth Sense explicitly has ways to do that. So it's not clear, and the intent vis a vis this issue is pretty questionable.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a follow up question from the OP situation.

Speculo Declares attack with a Knife all of the Fireteam delays after hist first short skill move, fusilier 1 in B2B declares he shoots and the rest of the fireteam declares change facing.

Fusilier 1 breaks coherency and goes out of the link, the bonuses for Fireteam are recalculated immediately, is his ARO still valid and Resolved? Considering he lost SSL2...?

CabalTrainee likes this.
  6. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Very good one... in fact this question could be added as a example here: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteam_Examples
    I guess you'd have to apply this:
    In resolution your BS attack is no longer legal (you don't have SSL2 anymore, so no LoF/ignore requisites with the attacker) so normal roll for Speculo.
    Let's suposse the FT is 4 members and the other 3 also lose SSL2... in this case the skill is already declared so I don't think you can backtrack that; it'd go to resolution anyway, change face requirement are fulfilled so nothing happens for them, they make the PH-3 roll to turn around.

7. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Wouldn't delaying without having the skill also fall under that quote? I'd say not having the skill is not meeting the requirements for delaying.

8. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

It does, but then we are in one of these schrodinger dodge/mine situations. You can delay for having SSL2 and you lose the ability after declared a delayed ARO, but at that point is already declared...
    The only way to solve this would be adding extra rules to force the player to not break the fireteam if SSL2 is used (so all must declare the same ARO) or making the delay illegal so the ARO is considered a Null; but none of these 2 are stated so I think the skill can still be declared (but you won't get the SSL2 advantages in resolution; for example your model will apply the -6 if shooted from a ZVZ (front arc) or dodge with PH-3 a template weapon outside its LoF.
    But this is a tricky one, a clarify would be nice.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  9. CabalTrainee

I can declare alot of illegal skills. Doesn't make them all suddenly legal because they were already declared.

I just don't see the difference for being allowed to ignore facing or being allowed to delay. Why is one making the declaration illegal and the other doesn't? Feels like we are just cherry picking here what options work when.

10. CabalTrainee

Just for the record i'd like it if it worked like you say i just don't understand why.

11. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

The difference is both declarations are legal when they are done because at that point you have SSL2; after the second ARO phase (phase 6) the 4 models lose SSL2, but both AROs was already declared when they were legal.

However in the resolution step (phase 7) players have to check requirements again and make the measurements, apply relevant MODs..., in this step if for some reason the skill becomes illegal (you lose SSL2, a cunning enemy stop just where you wanted to place your mine...) then its a Null, and you won't benefice from the advantageus SSL2 MODs in this phase (surprise shot applies, -6 from shoot in ZVZ applies (front arc), PH-3 dodge applies for templates...)

This one isn't easy; what I wrote above is what has more sense to me, but i wouldn't put my hand on the fire for it tho.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I've asked that question before. What it essentially boiled down to was that the BS Attack of the Fusilier would be legal because the declaration was legal at the time it was declared and the BS Attack skill does not itself have a requirement to make it illegal - thus there are no rule to withdraw permission to make the attack.
    Burst and BS MODs of the Fireteam would be removed from the attack, though.

13. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

was that officialy confirmed??
    If it's official, then why doesn't this rule apply in that case?

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't officially confirmed, it's way way back in the old forums, though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation