1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sixth Sense Dodge when not attacked

Discussion in 'Rules' started by QueensGambit, Dec 18, 2020.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit SecUnit

Trooper A has Sixth Sense. Enemy trooper B moves, outside LoF but inside ZoC. A declares Dodge as ARO.

Does A suffer the -3 penalty for no LoF?

I had assumed no, but it was recently pointed out to me that a Requirement of Sixth Sense is that the trooper be the target of an attack. Does SS still negate the -3 penalty when A is not the target of an attack?

inane.imp likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

*popcorn*

Methuselah and QueensGambit like this.
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

We already know that there's a dot point in the Sixth Sense rules effect that isn't contingent on the requirements of the skill being met (stealth is not effective against troopers with the Sixth Sense skill - which is repeated elsewhere including in the page for the Stealth Skill, so by implication isn't beholden to Sixth Sense's target-of-an-attack requirement).

Ergo, the requirement section of the skill is not necessarily universal. That doesn't actually answer whether it's meant to be a requirement for sixth sense models declaring dodge against troops moving in their ZOC, though.

4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

And here I will humbly request (again) that skills written with effects that are contingent on specific requirements (but not the over all skill) have those requirements actually written in the "effects" section of the skill box as an if...then... statement set of bullets. Nested bullets would be nice, too.

5. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

I think we need answer on that question, cause wording on ignoring stealth is very confusing for the dodge part as well.
    @ijw , @HellLois

#5 Kwisatz Haderach, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. Methuselah

Methuselah Active Member

Seems like the requirement line in Sixth Sense should be removed. All of the relevant effect state when they need other requirements (e.g. If the user is the target of a BS Attack through a Zero Visibility Zone)

7. inane.imp

I know my gaming group, and I am afraid that unless this is addressed by a FAQ, added to the Wiki or answered by an 'Infinity Rules Staff' member they are not going to allow a trooper to be in contact silhoutte with themselves. let a trooper use Sixth Sense without first being attacked. :cold_sweat:

(it worked before, it's worth trying)

#7 inane.imp, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    QueensGambit and JoKeR like this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

We literally had HelLois answer this today, you can. You even liked his answer. What more proof they need? :D

9. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

10. inane.imp

I fixed it, are you happy now

11. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

still not worked, you must read the SPELL correctly, from the begining! :joy:
    i will try short version:
    @ijw @HellLois HELP!

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation