1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should there be a "Premium" version of Army VI ?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by eciu, May 2, 2018.

?

Would you decide to pay monthly subscription for "ArmyVI PRO" with some additional features

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Go **** yourself you money grabber

33 vote(s)
    39.3%
  1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'm offering a bottle of quality booze if you manage to pull it with my phone.

chromedog likes this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks.

I haven't done anything with computer programming since 1995...

3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Times like this I wish I could bribe the Privateer Press or Wyrd Miniatures people to find out how much they've spent in contract fees for their apps vs. the in app purchase income. I'd bet a case of hard cider that they lose money and categorize the losses as "promotional expenses", though.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  4. Section9

No bet.

That's exactly what I'd do. If it makes money, cool, but even if it's not designed to make money through in-app purchases you can write it off as a marketing expense.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Commander Usashi,
    I never even made it that far. I am impressed by your discipline. I learned the other faction only by trial-and-error. Without courtesylist I am not gathering any information to be useful in follow-up-misions. I do remember the unit-icons, mostly because I love them, but that doesn't help much, if your opponent hasn't decided to use them as bases.

Then I found that:

infinitythetactics.com

It is not very dense on tactics, but it is nicely filled with images. Truly helpful.

Best regards.
    Cmdr. Darko

Usashi likes this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

That’s quite an interesting design strategy problem. Having duly considered it for ... ooh, 30 seconds now :wink: I think I’d want to preserve the historical unit data and ID, but add an appropriate flag to the data entry. Then you’d have options for dealing with revenant lists* that contain historical units.
    You could still reconstruct the list, but also display a warning that the unit is no longer available as such.

* ‘revenant lists’ is not a formal software design term, but I think it should be :smile:

7. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Yeah, shout out to those guys! Its a terrific idea and their sample Al Fasid Page gives a good indication of what could be done for the other units in the game.

I can’t do much to support the project myself because I don’t think opinion on units is worth very much, but I hope some more experienced players will get behind it.

loricus likes this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

"This is a permanent work in progress, so keep in mind you don't have to create the perfect article, the aim is to improve on what was there before."
    I bet your opinions are worth more than a blank article.

Anyways is there a metathread or something for the Tactics wiki?

Wolf likes this.
  9. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

@Madness got any input on a thread?

10. Section9

A couple things that I would like added:
    • a field that says "available in ITS". (does not have to be visible to the user, it can just be a admin-only field) With that, a list that has models no longer ITS-legal won't break (because the unit profiles haven't been deleted), but will simply have a note pop up that the list is not ITS legal because models X, Y, and Z are not legal in the [ number ] ITS Season.
    • if a list isn't ITS-legal, I'd like the army list printout to say why. Not just Sybilla telling me in a popup in Army, I want that error message on the printed army sheets.

Barrogh likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation