1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shooting Star

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Either the Shooting Star has the explosive combat jump, or @Bostria is the biggest troll in history.

Discuss.

2. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Why not? We already have it in N2 with cascuda (CA tag). With new ITS rules he can shine)

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Context? :o

4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

On today's video Explode LX is mentioned while a picture of our HI parachutist is showing

Zewrath likes this.
  5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Zewrath likes this.
  6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So can we actually panic due to a fact that sky is literally falling ?;P

Mruczyslaw, Modock, Balewolf and 3 others like this.
  7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Cheers lads, I will check it out when I'm off work. :)

8. Triumph

They stole Ko Dali, so we stole their rules in return.

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

ARM 3 (presumably), W 2 HI is much less of a problem than ARM 8, STR 3 TAG ;) We'll see.

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Oh I was just joking (sky falling -> explode LX from sky)

Still might be glorious against static LI defense links staying on rooftop (without having rooftop over them), might be actually quite healthy as there are rather limited tools (usually only Fidays) atm. to punish such easy (and popular) play.

Stiopa likes this.
  11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Oh, I think that's a given. This will mean link team deployment will be more important than ever, and every HD with acces to aircraft hack will be more valuable against YJ/IA.

eciu likes this.
  12. Triumph

I dunno, unmodified normal dodge roll seems like a good way to lose your 50+pt HI on its very next order to statistically like 3-4 models shooting at him.

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Okay, so considering the non-existant trolling in the rest of the video; I see this confirming the following knowledge:

* Explode on Shooting Star landing
    * LT2 on at least one profile in IA
    * Extra irregular orders on certain profiles in IA

This is what people wrote regarding the Exrah TAG as well. I presume since they are bringing it back on something that's going to be significantly less expensive and likely higher AVA that this is an issue for this unit in playtesting.

14. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Add NCO to the list please, so orders from LT2 can be spent on useful troopers

I imagine you can choose where to land and pick enemies on their back so the can only dodge on -3

Obiously you can also aim to the enemy hacker to add a little ensurance to the landing.
    • Either dodge at -3
    • or hacking with gotcha
    • or hack transports
    (Provably the later)
    And if he survives the he needs to face your Boarding Shotgun fire.

#14 Mc_Clane, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  15. Mahtamori

@Mc_Clane I didn't catch Bostria out-right mention NCO and IA in this video, but you are correct that he mentioned it in the South Africa video.

The interesting thing is that he mentioned Tactical Sense being added to several current profiles. I'm both excited and cautioned regarding which profiles get it. Does Yan Huo get it? Excellent, they sort of need it! Guijia is a bit... iffy... does Guijia get it? But what if it's applied blanket-like to loads of profiles? I'm not sure I feel happy about the prospect of a Tactical Sense Kriza.

16. Mc_Clane

Warcor

It's just common sense. those 2 LT orders need to go to useful troopers. I guess mowang, liuxing or even Guijia are good NCO candidates. They're also good canditates for "tactical sense"

And of course Invincible will probably reach 13-14 orders in one combat group (that also means inmunity to strategic use of your enemies tokens to reduce your order pool at the begining)

17. Mahtamori

I think the Guijia is a better LT2 candidate, or at least I'd rather have LT2 or better yet Tactical Sense on it, but I'm interested in what the weird Control Operatives do. Equipment only shows Multi Sniper and Boarding Shotgun while name suggests something to do with NCO/LT2, etc

paraelix likes this.
  18. Mc_Clane

Warcor

I think LT2 is in better use on the back deep on your deployment zone, with a couple of NCOs out there. It's safer and more flexible.

At least that's the way I picture it

In OSS that's precisely why Lt2 and NCO are no good. LT2 in an aggressive costly troop ready to be clipped and NCO on a vanilla Fireteam option (where you can't make use of LT orders)

This is my guess on who is gonna be your lieutenant Lv2
    >>>CONTROL UNIT<<<
    [​IMG]
    I guess it will also have minelayer

#18 Mc_Clane, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    emperor26 likes this.
  19. Mahtamori

The phrase "can't have nice things" does come to mind. LT2 and NCO in a set up that makes too much sense is too much of a nice thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20. Triumph

The core Link teams you're trying to dive bomb don't give a shit, they're SSL2. Your bog standard Fusilier link has marginally less than a 1/3 chance to die per member against a DTW at damage 14 if they dodge.

The OP part of the Cascuda wasn't just the exploding drop, it was you now had a rape face giant tank thing in your backline pounding through your shit and tearing up your deployment zone and you couldn't really stop him from getting where he wanted to be and it only cost him 1 order to get into position.

What's probably gonna be an ARM3 HI with at best probably a Spitfire and BS13 doesn't really have the same effect.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation