Shattergrounds: Reports from the front.

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by deep-green-x, Oct 7, 2023.

1. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, it’s Killian here you may know me as the Irish guy sitting next to Bostria from the Beasts Of War Infinity theme weeks and for my legendarily bad dice rolls in our battle reports.

This year I am filling in as the content writer for the Shattergrounds online campaign instead of Bostria. While I was reading the forums and the comments on the reports for content, I saw the interactions between players and factions and I believe that the stories and memes generated by the community deserve a spot in the content generated for this campaign.

This opens an opportunity for the community to be further involved in the online campaign, not only by submitting battles but shaping the narrative by writing small news articles about what is happening as the campaign evolves.

Anyone wanting to contribute small stories written as news articles, short interviews, newsflashes, or other inspired small forms of communications (we wouldn’t want to see the memes go to waste) can submit them including any images by emailing them to shattergroundsnewsfromthefront@gmail.com

We will try to integrate as many of your submissions as possible, but we cannot assure that all submissions will be presented and some of those presented may be slightly edited if needed. Of course the content creator will be credited as the source reporting the content in the articles.

Thanks to those interested in this experiment and we look forward to seeing what you come up with.

2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Just so you know, it looks like you posted this post to all the warconsole forums but from a single forum (aleph), by making the subject visible to the public from a closed faction forum, so your message is only readable by aleph players.

deep-green-x likes this.
  3. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Ah I thought Super Sticky posts were visible for everyone regardless of where posted. I'll see about correcting it ASAP.

Update: Turns out there's no way to make a post visable to all the privite faction forums so I've had to make individual sticky ones for each forum.

#3 deep-green-x, Oct 7, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Either way, it is great to see someone who cares for the player-driven narrative doing the news.
    also, doing the news so often one can feel like there was an actual newsfeed :)

So, @deep-green-x loks like you're absolutely the right guy in the right place :)

deep-green-x likes this.
  5. Einhorn

Einhorn Combined Human Aid Delegation

The Combined Human Aid Delegation thanks you for making our weekend amazing with your recognition.

I also look forward to all the great content this community creates and will create!

Lady Numiria likes this.
  6. Dujiaoshu

Dujiaoshu unsporting Druze

I love this idea and I think, like the fan campaign Hungry Walrus proved, It really drives a community together.

I commend you for the initiative, however of little value my commendation might be

7. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

(I'm kinda sad I missed Hungry Walrus... Looked like you folks had a lot of fun with it ^^)

Dujiaoshu likes this.
  8. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

If it is any help, AIs are making it easier to make summaries, in theory Bing AI is capable of processing forum pages but it's having a bad temper lately. And AIs like Chatgpt and Bard are capable of processing short texts, and I've heard that there are applications that can process more, but I haven't tested them. They can even rewrite summaries in flash info format. This is what I use for my summaries for the french forum, and the AI performs well on short texts as far as I've noticed, its summaries haven't had any mirage problems since monday.
    On the other hand, it won't process Discord unless you copy the text manually into a file, but that will be laborious.

9. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

Heh. I asked Bing to tell me about Tohaa. It apologised for being slow to respond, and then said nothing at all. I think it is in cahoots with CB...

Also, @deep-green-x, appreciating the initiative, and looking forward to the news!

10. Dujiaoshu

(Next time ;) )

11. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

Wizzy, VeryFastPanda, TAKEZO and 6 others like this.
  12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

There is no plant big enough or strong enough to do that task!

Wizzy, Lady Numiria and theGricks like this.
  13. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

It was pretty good, had some great memes and a interesting story line.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  14. Dujiaoshu

You don't understand, it's not a matter of completing the task, it's a matter of starting It!
    Think about it: unlimited salt

Quiet Professional likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation