1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Gotta love how Kestrel profile screenshots were up like 10 minutes after the video but nobody cares about dirty traitors. Uprise this, backstabbers.

2. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Pano theme across the faction is "Dominace through Superior Fire Power", with little caveats on how to achieve such Superior Fire Power. Bluntness is expected. JSA theme is "Dominance through Weebness", and there is nothing more weeb than overcome your enemy defenses by fancy stealthy athletic moves and then proceed to slice them into thiny pieces.

Brokenwolf, SpectralOwl and saint like this.
  3. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

4. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Let's see if the silenced rule that was gleamed from Scylla remains the same. If so, the Yamabushi could sit in camouflage taking ARO potshots at units without breaking Camo. That would be hilarious.

Quiet Professional and Stiopa like this.
  5. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Nah, it won't allow to stay in camouflage, it just gives a negative mod to ORA. They discussed it in a video yesterday.

6. Brokenwolf

Another thing I noticed with the PanO and JSA units is that the pricing is promoting active expensive Lts. You get a slight point and and SWC discount on the Griffin and the Hatamoto Lt options. I wonder if that will be more an overarching change for other factions as well.

#1226 Brokenwolf, Oct 17, 2024 at 3:38 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 4:16 PM
    Abrilete, Stiopa and SpectralOwl like this.
  7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I’ve got to wonder if we are getting back some things in vanilla. Maybe for ITS. I find it very strange, and stupid, to come out with the Triphammer, and then change the rules so almost no one can take it! I don’t see it in any vanilla armies anymore. They could now be in the NA2 factions though. Which to me would make sense. But man, I’d be pissed if I got the Triphammer recently and then could no longer play it. I’m surprised I haven’t heard anyone complaining yet, but I think some were holding off purchases. I’m a little irked about getting the Digger a few months ago, but at least it’s still available to vanilla O12.

LaughinGod and Cadwallon like this.
  8. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Probably they got renamed, like the Minescorp Jackal being a tag raid troop now in Pano (a digger? A prospector? a Beast hunter? IDK)

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Would probably be too good, especially with Camo already getting indirect buff. But damn, it'd be hilarious...

Brokenwolf likes this.
  10. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Diggers are going to be in Torchlight Brigade 100%. As Torchlight was designed for n5 and then translated into n4.

Brokenwolf and Space Ranger like this.
  11. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Indeed, indeed... :face_with_thermometer:

12. Brokenwolf

Triphammers, to me, make more sense in Mercenary Companies. I am hoping that by pulling most of the mercenaries out of the main factions will make the surviving NA2 more distinct.

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New JSA Shindenbutai Sectorial Rules Revealed! | Infinity N5 Week

videoframe_329461.png videoframe_79165.png

Brokenwolf likes this.
  14. Brokenwolf

Shindenbutai seems like it will play differently than old JSA. It has more long range shooting, more vizors, more climbing plus, less HI and maybe less camo.

Interesting.

Abrilete and saint like this.
  15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Agreed. I really think they should do a "vanilla" NA2 and then have sectorals below that. It would be fun to make our own mercenary "company" using vanilla and troops you don't find in the other merc companies. But then they also have what you don't have.

16. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

https://www.tiktok.com/@tyylerddurden/video/7242402493194456347

Allow us to make our own custom merc company and let us relive or Big Boss (or Venom Snake) fantasies Corvus!

SpectralOwl, Daireann, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  17. superfurrymaniac

Doesn't look like pilots are going to work as I was assuming then, with ava 1 and the tags ava 2

Gunmage and Errhile like this.
  18. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

That would be grate. But we need proper rules for that.
    Even before I thought to "make" my military company by using rules of one army but change some peaces to add some fluff of another one.
    I had worries, that Dahshat would be over in N5, but there was a plan to use haqq rems instead some of them and gulams instead if zhanshi. (plus some other things).

Also I would be happy to get pack of 5 brawlers like we have with druze. (ok, may be it is too much. But sometime I wish for another one brawler with rifle...)

#1238 Daireann, Oct 17, 2024 at 6:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 7:04 PM
    Space Ranger likes this.
  19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Honestly, I rarely need to field one, unless I need a budget Lt for my Druze. Brawlers make for lousy order monkeys, given their cost, though they are reasonable for filling specialized roles.

Though I was filing my Brawler roster when there was no box, and it didn't seem like it would ever happen, so I got some runt of the litter - some bargain bin models from discontinued blisters, some stuff I decided I don't need in their oiginal intended role, something one of the local players was trying to get rid of. Gave them an uniform look by the means of same color scheme, and now they do fine as my Brawlers...

Space Ranger, Cadwallon and Daireann like this.
  20. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Hah... That would work grate, I guess. For a mercenaries from all human sphere.
    And painting would help them look as one unit.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation