1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Given that there is no direct and explicit mention that only keywords matter and that no direct and explicit mention that fireteam purity as we know it now will change, and having all the discussion in the video been based in the assumption that the listener knows what team purity means.

It is safe to assume that fireteam purity will work the same way it works now.

Frankly I think its the same like when people assumed on stats over 20 the 20 was not a critical success because it was not explicitly painted red and a new image with a 20 painted red needed to be made.

2. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I think nothing until CB confirms.

You might be right. Take for example Military Order fireteam N4.

It could be a Harris of 3 Teuton (no keywords) —> pure Harris.

This would validate the idea the purity is determined on the Unit.

However, see to which extent the brackets now are ONLY referring to the name of the Fireteam (eg Kestrel or ColCorp) and not anymore to the name of another unit? Why then Fusilier has a bracket “Fennec”?

It’s not anymore “Bipandra counts as a Fusilier or a Kamau”

The Wildcard is now “Bipandra counts as a Fennec or a Kestrel”

Is Kestrel a unit? Is Fennec a unit? No it’s not. This could hint purity depends on brackets because Bipandra could have been tagged “fusilier” and Griffin would be tagged “fusilier” if things would work the same way as they did before. Or maybe not! What do I know?

Fact is that you all are acting like you know while you are in reality just assuming.

Me? I know I don’t know, I don’t have any opinion, I’m just saying “are you sure because?”

As said 10 times. Let’s see because none of you are confirming ;)

#1142 Bignoob, Oct 15, 2024 at 11:57 AM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 12:11 PM
  3. Bignoob

I’m sorry but no it’s not. Kestrel Fireteam is the most explicit element that casts doubt on your statement.

Kestrel fireteam : Firefly counts as Kestrel in a fire team where it is the only unit that has “Kestrel”.

Why?

If it was based on unit, then why Firefly have Kestrel on their name and Bipandra and Quinn have Kestrel instead of Firefly?

If it was “working like before” Firefly wouldn’t need Kestrel tag and Bipandra and Quinn would have Firefly tag instead of Kestrel.

Am I unto something? Maybe. Maybe not.

#1143 Bignoob, Oct 15, 2024 at 12:18 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 12:26 PM
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

but keywords make you "count as" that unit

So a fusileers (fenec) + 2 AIR is a lvl 2 purity because they are 2 of the same unit in the FT, 2 AIRs

Fusileer (fenec) + Bipandra (Fenec) + AIR is lvl 2 because they are 2 of the "same" unit, fenec

5. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

You are trying to divine the rules from very incomplete information. This is not really productive. Wait for more information before rule-lawyering without the rules.

Also, CB, please drop the complete fireteam rules, not just hints about them. It will be much appreciated.

saint, Daireann, Abrilete and 2 others like this.
  6. Bignoob

A voice of reason

7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

8. Quiet Professional

Quiet Professional HI enthusiast

Haqqislam and Aleph I think, may have more information released around the Infinity anime series.

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Also it is not unknown, or uncommon to have units that have the fireteams composition as keyword in the current edition.

10. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

The new Ariadna units look wonderful! I am pretty sure that the Antipodes never saw them as the good guys....

But seriously, we have a unit with a Frankenstein Mechanical Werewolf and some adorable retro crazy koalas. What is not to love?

11. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

The cyber-werewolf is terrifying. And the koalas and indeed super cool.

12. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Just gonna put it here, everything that links pure in a link should have the keyword.
    There's so much confusion all the time and it's always been a mess. Just do exactly this
    upload_2024-10-15_14-14-19.png
    If CB ends up adding the keyword even to the naming troop and you never have to guess again and it's just clear.

Brokenwolf, Daireann and Bignoob like this.
  13. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

upload_2024-10-15_15-25-39.png

I feel like old zondnautica might be getting squatted in favour of the GO-Pod. I am not sure I like this. AI motorcycle was a great and much more tactically versatile rule than something which is just fast and superjumps. Keeping fingers crossed I'm not right about that thing.

Daireann and Lady Numiria like this.
  14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Just proxy your overpriced Zondnautica, man.

I hope they just use different vehicles and are like a Pilot Corps.

15. Bignoob

I really think so. And I think Kestrel fireteam is even a better example as except wildcards, Fireflies are the only ones with the name in. If purity wasn’t linked to keyword, why even putting the keyword name for Fireflies? They would have stated Bipandra and Quinn count as Fireflies and not Kestrel.

But then again. For the moment it’s just assumptions. And we know CB: they aren’t always very accurate and the way they present things (even moreso during spoilers) isn’t only subject to change and clarifications, but it’s sometime misleading. So everything has to be taken with a grain of salt

16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I guess we will see soon, but to me, It’s the number of Key Word troops that determine the FT bonus. So, you need at least 2 Kestrel or Fennec or Bushi-Tai to get the Level two.

Carlos, says several times in the video it’s all about the “purity” of the fire team. At 17:00 in the video he gives an example. He even talks specifically how a wildcard that’s not a Fusilier would not count for composition.

Black AIR troops do not count as Fennec Fusiliers. So I believe a haris of 2 BA and 1 Fusilier will only count at level 1.

17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Indexation last pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1157 Wizzy, Oct 15, 2024 at 4:57 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 5:41 PM
  18. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Again, 5 identical guys without keyword will not get benefits for being linked? I stilll think keyword has nothing to do with purity, beyond indicating that certain troops count as "X"

19. Space Ranger

20. Space Ranger

Then why have the key word at all if it doesn't indicate purity? Carlos says the key word matters for the purity composition.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation