September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Man, I really need to control myself. It looks like I’m now playing JSA. I was at the local games store auction on the weekend. They have it twice a year. People bring in stuff to sell and they get credit. Some MAS pre-painted JSA terrain came up and I had to have it. I got it at a pretty good price too. But then some JSA came up. I really just wanted a box of old Rui Shi and Lu Duan, but it was part of a bundle. So, I bit on that. Then I went crazy and bid on the rest of the JSA figs that came up. All new in box. Domaru, the previous army box, Aragoto set, Yojimbo, Rui Shi and Lu Duan (old), Tokusetsu set, 1st edition JSA box set. Probably something I’m forgetting.

I’d like to know what happened to the Japanese holdings that were a part of Yu Jing after the Paradiso war and Uprising. At some point they should do a Paradiso Revisited. Now that the conflict is over with CA, what is the situation there? Is CA keeping the territory they took? Are they “settling” it?

I think for this new planet it’s not so much about settling the whole planet but about staking claim on the most resources. It’s going to be JSA corporations mostly. The settlements being just where the workers have downtime. Then PanO comes in with their Corps and tries to take some too. There's also a whole system to explore. Not just that world. There's alien tech on this planet but what about the rest of the system?

2. Solodice

Solodice Kinda-Known Member

After Uprising Greater Japan had Shunto (the island of Japan), Kaseitoshi (Mars), areas on Paradiso around Fukaitani and Kokkyo-3, Koritawa on Svalarheima, and a smattering of stations in the Sol and Human Edge systems.

The island of Kuraimori on Shentang is under the full control of Yu Jing after the JSA elements there were defeated. It's under a state of martial law and the Imperial Service look for any excuse to met out "justice".

So in all Greater Japan had very little in comparison to the bigger powers of the Human Sphere.

They're not but Acon, Varuna, Neoterra, Concilium Prima, Shentang-Yutang, and Bourak are within -.1 to +.2 Earth radii (1.0 being the same size as Earth). Sval and Paradiso are the outliers being 1.65 and 1.78 respectively.

3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I guess it is less about the sheer size of a planet - more about the places on it you'd want to inhabit.

Eg. on Earth, ~70% of the surface is water-covered. Inhabiting it, while probably, technically, possible with modern technology (ships / floating / anchored / standing on the bottom platforms) is neither desired nor economical. Not on a large scale (albeit in some areas and points absolutely happens - if there are good enough reasons to do it, usually economical ones. Eg. drilling for oil / natural gas).

Then, there are sizeable areas where it is not water, but you still wouldn't like to live there. Too arid, too cold, too hot, too few resources worth bothering for.

Svalarheima is an excellent example - vast areas of snow, ice and mountain. Human tech can allow you to live in such a place, but it will be unpleasant fro one reason or another, so unless there's an incentive to, figuratively speaking, freeze your butt off for it, you wouldn't. Yes, tesseum or other neomaterials seem to be making it worth freezing your butt off in Svalarheima, getting ti bitten off by local nasty fauna on Ariadna, or suffocating it out in hard vacuum of Human Edge. Then again, that isn't going to give you a high population density.

Even if we assume planet Shinju is almost a carbon-copy of Mars (~60% size of Earth, cold, dusty, low oxygen count in atmosphere), except for a sizeable water-covered share of its surface (lacking specific data, I'll take it at 70%, just like Earth), we're talking about 60% of the land areas Earth has.
    And that's a lot of space to settle.

4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

From dark net, some lore about tohaa in infinity n5. I notice that maybe O-12 could get something back from the tohaa by negotiating with them for the island on the new planet. Maybe tohaa profiles in O-12, or weapons, equipment, skills...

5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  6. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Thanks for the heads up! Will probably pre order it as I have other bits I want from there. My wallet now hates you. But ignore him. I usually do.

StephanDahl and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

From dark net, here are some new images of the Sandtrap box, you can see that the JSAs share their backpacks which have been produced in plastic (unicool or siocast I don't know though).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Abrilete, Gwynbleidd and Cadwallon like this.
  8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

What I really want to see is the terrain.

Gwynbleidd and Errhile like this.
  9. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I wonder what has happened with the Corvus Belli YouTube lore videos? It's been a few days and I am getting antsy....

Space Ranger likes this.
  10. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Are you serious?! Plastic backpacks again? I wonder how much cheaper do they make the product, because my guess is not a whole lot, and definitely not enough to offset the added inconvenience. Meanwhile I bet the yamabushi will be sitting on a metal wall.

Edit: Yes, I noticed him. He is sitting on a metal wall.

#930 UpirLihi, Oct 8, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
    Daireann, Abrilete and Modock like this.
  11. Gio

Gio Well-Known Member

Are there any rules in the booklet?... Actually can you play N5 with that box now?

12. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

13. Gio

Gio Well-Known Member

So this was a lie?

Shocking

14. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Starter rules are available in the downloads section. See for yourself.

Brokenwolf and UpirLihi like this.
  15. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Plastic and mix of material in s2 miniatures. Really?
    This is [compost]. I feel myself a little betrayed.
    This set is not for me now if they would keep do such a things.
    I am worried about the other sets. I see no reasons for that move. (economy, right... But looks like economy on quality. I remember one firm, who got into mix of materials in miniatures... OR!.. Or it is a test on us. Inhuman experiment out of morale borders!.. :scream:)

Just hope essential box miniatures would be metal. And I hope for a regular zhanshi miniatures. If they would be like this, I could use my Svalarheima zhanshi (you know, Huangdi actual and proper name for the planet) as new light infantry unit, if actual product would have this plastic parts...

Abrilete, fari and Bignoob like this.
  16. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I’m inclined to say: backpacks are boring and I don’t care if they are in plastic. If that makes CB succeed better financially while keeping the overall quality of the miniatures at their current state. Then I’m all in.

However we all know where can end… You gave the right comparison with GW nd it’s clear we don’t want Infinity to follow to GW path.

And there’s really a comparison to make with microtransactions in video games.

- “if it’s cosmetics only then that’s fine” / aka “if it’s only backpacks then that’s fine”. And now what do have? Companies shoving down our throats MXT like there’s no tomorrow and we are stripped of a core feature of video games which is to proudly show (even only to yourself) gear you unlocked via your dedication and not via money.

It’s setting a dangerous precedent and I don’t like that…

Daireann likes this.
  17. Daireann

I was more thinking about, how things were going for Warmachine, where they made a terrible mix of materials. But lets be honest, it is not the only reason of their fail.

In CB case I remember their words "S2 would be metal". I guess that words were expired... Hah(

I like your analogy here.
    But if so, we already have some good metal miniatures to play Stargrave or Space Station Zero.
    I have some "sketches" for special rules to play campaing in the world of infinity based on this systems.

Bignoob likes this.
  18. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

That's not new.
    Torchligh starter have plastic backpack too.

19. Daireann

Oh, then the road is already walked... Which units were that "lucky" to get such a things?

But may be it is a move to show, that PanO backpacks are so High-Tech, that even made of metal x)
    Marketing move? No! It is a message)

20. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Rovers and Hellblazer if I remember correctly.

The last Armata also has plastic part.

I must admit I don't really mind about it as I never had trouble with plastic.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation