1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I said this has gone long enough.

Child9 likes this.
  2. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

Just a note on the data conversation, because I don't think it's been said, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're pulling data from lists saved to the cloud. Sure, there would be duplication in the data set as people save the same list multiple times with minor changes, but it would provide quite a bit of data to examine.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

200w.gif

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If they were doing, I feel that would be quite useless. I probably have like 200 lists, 75% of them I never played. Not sure it's representative of anything...

4. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

It would show what you consider staples. It would show what makes it into most of your lists, and what barely gets chosen. It would show associations between units, such as you'll take one profile but only when you take that other profile. It would show that you always take this guy with this gun, or you don't take him at all. It would show that you never take some units ever. It sounds useless because most of those lists don't get played, but what you take when you're just noodling around is still useful information.

#564 QuantronicWombat, Sep 24, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2024
    Child9 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And, as you noted, looking at patterns between what lists just exist versus which ones are actually uploaded to OTM can be valuable.

I’d also note that if we, as players, aren’t willing to consistently upload our lists to OTM, we’re in shakier ground to complain.

6. psychoticstorm

Well if somebody saves a list they have committed to the idea for one reason or another.

And repetition and duplication can be a clue by itself.

7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Would you if there was the chance to win credit with the CB store? Also we are pationate about our hobby and it's a way to let CB know our feelings.

8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

When has Lunah EVER been a Haqqislamite profile? I'm ok with people disagreeing with stuff, but making shit up is not ok

9. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

She was from Haqq in the fluff. Was a Lasiq before being an aristo. So no not a profile available to Haqq. But it was her origin.

Edit: I believe A! Came out before her ISS profile along with some backstory, so Haqq players may have hoped for her to be added to their army before the release of her ISS profile.

Delta57Dash and Brokenwolf like this.
  10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I know her lore, still never a Haqqislam profile that went to YJ so has nothing in common with Ko Dali/Achilles, same for stuff like McMurrough, Perseus, Emily, etc...

11. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

You are wrong in this. Major Lunah was introduced in Infinity before Aristeia.

12. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I apologize. Memory was a bit fuzzy on that since it was quite a few years ago now. But the lore part is correct anyway.

Brokenwolf and Errhile like this.
  13. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

People who love the game, play regularly, who invested heavily, would sure fill a poll. I would in a heartbeat.

#573 Modock, Sep 24, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2024
    Space Ranger, fari and Daniel Darko like this.
  14. psychoticstorm

I have my doubts about that.

A Mão Esquerda and Brokenwolf like this.
  15. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

There is a wonderful way to make people answer surveys - raffle them a gift card, or idk, the next operation/army box. You'll easily get hundreds of replies if you raffle one or two of those.

16. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I would give the gentlest of pushbacks as losing Motorized Bounty hunters strips CA of any fast bike units. Sure, while that speedy disposal unit can kinda be filled with pretas again, it is a loss in flexibility. We also don't know how much tweaks will happen to the existing units or AVA.
    This might be a language thing. The term "I Jest" means I am kidding. To be clear, Major Lunah was never a Haqqislam profile, but she was a Haqqislamite who defected. I thought the text showed that I was annoyed that she was Yujing profile and it wasn't a 1:1 comparison to having a profile taken. It was just a fluff choice by CB.

Gwynbleidd and Errhile like this.
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Koni has leaked some infos.

Post: https://discord.com/channels/118301609146056709/118301609146056709/1288049950000807937

18. psychoticstorm

Not leaked but reaffirmation to what we already knew, people wanted Generic lists to be trimmed down and Sectorials get more exclusive units and this is what is happening, on the plus side it opens up design space for the units that become exclusive as they do not need to be balance for their sectorial(s) and the generic list.

Daireann, Stiopa, Brokenwolf and 4 others like this.
  19. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Just to show some marketing. I literally got this email from Adobe today. And took ten minutes to fill it out.

[​IMG]

Modock and burlesford like this.
  20. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt Bureau of Colonial Affairs Spokesperson

Imagine if there were a number of other prominent Greek heroes who could replace Achilles.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation