1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Shasvaasti is its place

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

It is a guess as good as mine - not going to contend that :)

Of course, it might be that Skiavoro might be getting discontinued totally. The model - according to Human Sphere, there was only one sculpt - is out of production for a while, after all.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I really hope for a glorious revamp, it's one of my favourite (old style) sculpts.

xagroth and Space Ranger like this.
  4. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Pandora has 2-3 Pandora's I think, so maybe both factions. Achilles doing the same would be eh.
    I got the anniversary model, made the "holding head" one into a statue with a dead Morat, guess the statue needs some graffiti now or something...

archon, burlesford and saint like this.
  5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Well...

Considering what happened in Betrayal and Airaghardt, the EI definitely needs to give Shasvaasti more guided supervision. It would also be cool to see the EI construct in that army.

I wonder how the other generic armies will change? Will roughly 50 profiles (CA in N5 will have 5) be the new standard? It will be interesting for the other armies.

xagroth and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

What would help is that these forums are no longer filled with bitter and angry people whining each time something is happening, good or worse. Why do you think these are half dead?

Horrid record? Like what? Ko-Dali? Come on, it was ONE miniature out of hundreds and it was centuries ago, get over it. The Uprising? Sure, that was a ballsy choice and not everyone was happy about it at the moment but it was worth it in the end and JSA is now even about to become an actual faction. It was definitely a good thing for the game. Anyway, none of these events prevent you to play the game, it's only about a tiny percentage of the minis and you can proxy as much as you want. And sure, I get it, it's annoying not being able to play a profile (I didn't say mini) you like but hey, you're growup men, right? I'm pretty sure you'll survive and it's not worth the months (or even years) or constant whiny complaints, what purpose does it serve? And if that's too much for you, just find another game you like and stop polluting the forums. I find dazzling that some are claiming that they are not even playing the game anymore but they are still around complaining, that's a total mystery to me!

Anyway, I'm hyped, curious to see what's going to happen! I love the more restricted profile choice in generic.

7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Now what would happen if some JSA troops decided not to be traitors and stuck with YJ? Then they have animosity for who the ones who were dishonorable and broke their oath to Yu Jing? By the Buddha that would be fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Brokenwolf

Those are the ninja clans that remained loyal to Yujing already.

xagroth likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Mostly loyal to themselves. But I'm saying now if they added a troop from JSA to YJ. Not going to happen but would be funny.

BTW there's bitterness and salt over in Discord. But it goes by so fast you don't see it. I hate discord because I can't read anything! I can never tell what subjects people are talking about and then next time i'm there it's totally different.

10. Brokenwolf

You mean like Yujing got the Haqqislamite Major Lunah? I jest, but I know I definitely was jealous when Yujing got that over us. She has a wonderful profile and beautiful model.

Either way, I am glad that we are getting more information about N5.

VeryFastPanda, Errhile and xagroth like this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I still see the Avatar and the Taigas in Vanilla CA, which was considered problematic enough both the taigas and the Imetrons were nerfed (so hard, in fact, the Imetron points raise reached Aleph's Netrods).

To reduce bloat you don't take from one faction and send it to another (that is, at best, bloat transfer), specially after making some of those units redundant with new ones (for example, quite the chunk of Teucer's role was taken by the new Makhai, a role that was already in the corner thanks to Atalanta, even after being granted the option to join a fireteam).
    Bloat reduction would be to remove, for example, the Alguaciles, Moderators and Securitates, making a single unit with 6 loadouts (let's say, combi, sniper, BSG, paramedic, gizmokit, hacker, any of which could be an Lt and/or Commlink, and you make the Lt selection like you would the Holomask for example) and say that all the miniatures for the three Nomad Sectorials are now part of this unit, with the same costs. Just in Tunguska you would go from 10 loadouts to 6+2 (because of the Lt and Commlink options), then doing the same with wildcats and grenzers. corvus can still sell the models ("localized" versions of the troops for specific Nomad ships) but the number of profiles go down.

That may be why so many new faces join the game. Oh, wait...

And still Taigas + Avatar + Imetron available...

There are some that will almost never see the table (Morat basic infantry) with the usual suspects and tactical options (Rasyat for Eclipse, Daturazi for smoke for the Charontid...) so yeah, I see little change in this vanilla, aside from the TAGs (overdrones were quite the option with Albedo) and the removal of all the Hacker Plus options but the Charontid, unless I'm mistaken.

I can tell you that if smoke is removed from Vanilla Aleph (Myrmidons mostly, possibly the myrm officer, Phoenix and Penthesilea) then there would be little difference between vanilla and OSS, strategically-wise :(

I agree. People keep trying to push that discord is better than a forum, while it's nothing but a glorified IRC with better graphics... and MUCH worse security.

12. Brokenwolf

I would be surprised if Generic Ariadna and Nomads don't lose a LOT of the basic Line Infantry profiles. Those are prime for Sectorial Only.

Edit: Cleaned up language and made clearer.

#512 Brokenwolf, Sep 23, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2024
    Errhile and xagroth like this.
  13. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Should just go full retard all the way:
    > Humanity lost
    > Everyone turned into human calculators
    > Some small pockets of resistance left but dying out
    > The end
    > Buy Warcrow

LaughinGod, xagroth and burlesford like this.
  14. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

I am into this shakeup. The trimmed vanilla roster, the heroes flipping sides, the forum's inevitable reaction, all of it.

15. SpectralOwl

You have commented about 12 times today. Basically all of them are off-topic complaints about people being unhappy. Reflect on this.
    This I can actually agree on. A more carefully-curated Vanilla roster, if done well, could do wonders for making the game more approachable. I just hope sufficient care is taken for factions with a little less versatility than CA; Ariadna in particular could suffer from a poorly-chosen Vanilla roster.

16. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Guess why? Because 90% of the messages in these topics were just uninformed and irrelevant whining. Reflect on this. :grinning:

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. Space Ranger

At the end of the day, whining about whiners is just more whining. Let’s just keep on topic on topic and keep on moving.

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

What I find worrying is that the only units that seem to have been trimmed from vCA are the ones no one plays anyway, confirming what Bostria apparently said (designing the vanilla rosters to include the things people play the most). The vCA roster I see here won't shake up the meta at all, because none of the profiles people are already taking in their vCA lists have been taken away.

And that I find uninspired and boring.

Speaking about vAriadna though: My secret wish is that Kosmoflot just becomes the new vAriadna. It's already a mix of all sectorials, and Ariadna has too many sectorials as is. By making Kosmoflot the new vanilla army, you kill two birds with one stone: no need to go through the effort of making a new vanilla roster, and reducing the number of sectorials. It could even make sense fluff wise: Now that everyone is going into space again, Ariadna's new main army is their space project. Voilà.

#518 burlesford, Sep 23, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2024
  19. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, remember the issue in the first place is the constant and toxic whining about everything, preventing constructive and interesting discussions. You're barking up the wrong tree :)

20. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

All of it is toxic, even me?

Always has been.

No, it is the children who are wrong.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation