1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Speculo are still in. They are fifth down in the center column.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

speculo is in the list

3. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Oh that's funky; why are they so far away from the Greif?

Nevermind then.

4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be better to make the units better so they get used instead of making them better then giving them to another faction that's already top tier? Crazy, I know

emperorsaistone, archon and xagroth like this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

That would involve:

a) being able to think a narrative that has not been used until the point of becoming a common trope
    b) having some sort of sensibility for the audience
    c) thinking twice before warping the model chosen for their 10 year anniversary of the game.

I think N5 will be to N4 the same as N4 was to N3... so more of the same with a layer of paint, with no real changes in attitude from Corvus. The Hatamoto was a red flag, with so many skills and so cheap. Achilles is a red line to me.

6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Well Vanilla Aleph would like a word.
    If anything Achilles lists were overused, not underused.
    For CA it's just another more or less redundant solo piece choice next to SheshkinV1/V2, NouriKas, Anathematic, Charontid and to an extend Avatar.
    For Aleph it's Marut and maybe Asura (no one plays the Asura compared to what an Anathematic gets you), which don't have anywhere close the in Faction support in Aleph as CA does for their big stuff.

This is mechanically bad. Just bad, no one wins. The game just gets worse.

7. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Perhaps before going off the deep end we should see what actually transpires?
    If you are an Aleph player and suddenly a bunch of your characters are removed from the faction then by all means have at it but maybe wait until its actually confirmed.

I think there will be a bit of adjustment required for N5 personally, especially if they are looking to trim some bloat. Something has got to give after all.

8. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

So many skills you know nothing about because you don't know N5. What is Nanoscreen doing? What is No Cover doing? How is Frenzy handled? Is this mini linkable? And how does that interact with the new ruleset? Also, you don't know if Achilles will leave Aleph or if it will just be available in both Aleph and CA. FFS, stop whining and just wait for the full thing, this is tiring.

9. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

10th anniversary was 9 years ago. Things evolve.

burlesford likes this.
  10. DegenCutter

DegenCutter Member

I'm not sure I like where this is going. I used to be a huge IK (Warmachine/Hordes) fan, but that setting's complete implosion was proceeded directly by a whole bunch of characters being revealed as Infernal traitors to their original factions. Not saying this will necessarily go as disastrously as that did obviously, but I don't like the look - and if I were an Aleph player, I would be primed right now to be very annoyed.

xagroth, Azakel, LaughinGod and 3 others like this.
  11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

With the departure of Fraacta, Greif Operators are the only Dark-Tohaa left

And to make space for Darkhilles&co, CA lost a bunch of Characters (Messer and Anyat come to eye) and troops, Special mention for the disappearence of Skiavoros... Sad me...

Abrilete, xagroth and UpirLihi like this.
  12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

This is interesting if this is the new Vanilla CA. The Skiavoro is now gone. It's a mix of very expensive and very cheap with a few in-between.

Quiet Professional likes this.
  13. SpectralOwl

While I know pointing this out makes me a hypocrite, complaining about the complaining never helps for obvious reasons. Most of us are hoping for a fair result, but I hope you understand that CB have a horrid track record with this kind of thing and trust among many players is low.
    I'm still a bit worried without the AVA numbers. What's there is still an easy top-tier faction without changes; the Shas skirmishers,the cheap REMs, the elite gunners, good Warbands and Imetrons of all things still existing could make for another edition of relative CA dominance unless the faction rules passes were both extensive and well-thought-out.

14. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I will be interested to see how Aleph comes out in this. I feel like Aleph is going to see its own set of rebalancing to address the loss of these units if indeed they are gone from the faction. I doubt the existing profiles will go untouched. And it may make room for some new additions that add more to the faction. We’ll see.

As a CA main player I am over the moon about this addition. Over the years, there has been a quiet call for more sepsitorized or turned units from the human sphere into CA. The fact that they’ve taken one of humanity’s greatest heroes (& friends) in this universe would be such a blow to morale. Especially to be taken from the team who was expressly made as the weapon and defense against them. And I’m here for it. XD

15. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Profiles of the Generalist which skip in relation to the image and Army N4:
    - Armand
    - Bultrak
    - Sheskin Action Abordage
    - Cube jager
    - taryot suit
    - Fraacta
    - Jayth
    - Kaitoc
    - Kornac
    - Krakot renegade
    - Kurgat
    - Kyosot
    - Maakrep
    - bounty hunter motorised
    - Kerr-Nau
    - Oktavia
    - Oznat
    - Raicho
    - Raktorat
    - Rindak
    - Rodok
    - Sargosh
    - Corax
    - Cadmus
    - Haiduk
    - Skiavoros
    - Sogarat
    - Suryat
    - Tensho
    - Treitak Anyat
    - Tyrok
    - Legat Umbra
    - Victor Messer
    - Xeodron batroid
    - Zabuk
    - Zerat

Apart from the greif, all the evil tohaa skip, perhaps this is an indicator of their exit from ONYX.

On the other hand, what's for sure, and I know this profile, which isn't very common outside of the showcases, because I rediscovered it in the lore by surprise, is that the Skiavoros profile has definitely jumped, and it seems to me that it was the only entry in the faction that was only available as a generalist. So that would be a definite loss.

We should expect identical clean-ups in the other factions.

*I'm glad we're stopping the 110-entry faction delirium.

burlesford likes this.
  16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

For you to be happy because CA keeps winning (they haven't lost yet EVER, not in lore and not ruleswise) other people have to lose and keep losing, which erodes their will to keep playing the game. This is, obviously, bad for everybody.

xagroth, Daireann, burlesford and 2 others like this.
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Futures skins des membres de l’équipe Achille (Achille, Pandore, Teucer, Patrocle) :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pour les gars qui agitent des drapeaux blancs, ils ont l’air assez heureux et excités. :confused::grin:

#497 Wizzy, Sep 23, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2024
  18. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Or to Onyx (as Onyx-exclusive unit).

We'll see.

Unless Skiavoros turns up in a different CA Sectorial. Again, Onyx seems to be the most likely choice.

On one hand, I can't deny you're probably right.
    On the other, I'm kind-of worried about what I'll see in vanilla Haqq. And don't even get me started on the 6 sectorials I play.

Cadwallon, Gwynbleidd and xagroth like this.
  19. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Links aren't working for me; just open a blank page with "Videoframe-XXXXX" at the top.

20. SpectralOwl

I am actively fighting the urge to photoshop one up in ALEPH colours to unleash on the internet for a laugh.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation