1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I love it. It’s a very sinister looking model for a heroic faction but I think that’s its charm. I’m going to paint it up to look like the Harkonnens from the new Dune films. I’ll hope for more like it!

A Mão Esquerda and Errhile like this.
  2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

If (as I hope) he’s got some kind of Camo I’m going to use some shifters myself.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  3. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

Infinity absolutely already has magic.
    Just as a single example I present Antipodes and Dog warriors, nothing about that makes any sense in a world bound by the physics we have in our universe.

4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I agree that 5 years might be too little time to reverse-engineer Vodoo-Tech.
    But let's not forget that it took mankind about 7 years from theorize nuclear fission to detonating a nuclear bomb.

Errhile likes this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It’s also worth remembering that the 5 years are 5 years from ‘Endsong’, where we already have some advances (Lynx and Hector with Plasma, for one) plus some of the interesting troops that already existed. And now with a ceasefire vs the EI, there’s the thought there may have been some exchange/trade.

Abrilete and Errhile like this.
  6. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I appreciate that comparison. Two points to add to that.
    One, that was also starting with theory and no working instruments. In this case there are functional pieces of tech that have been acquired that would no doubt speed up the process of developing tech.

Second point is that the reverse engineering has actually been in progress for a while already so we’re adding that 5 years to whatever progress has already been made. Not starting from scratch.
    And more progress has been made before this jump in time from things like Jamie and the Lynx having plasma weapons and Samsa joining the humans.

7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

What part of "this is a project that failed to produce the miniaturization of power armour sensors Yu Jing have on their power armour" you missed?

This is an almost failed prototype project that tried to make a S2 power armour that is better than what Yu Jing have, after they failed to miniaturize the body sensors in the suit and bypassed that by linking the suit in the cube, they tried to miniaturize the armour by using Voodoo tech, and again failed, what is "marvelous" for this armour is that despite its bulk and unwieldiness, it is still a reasonably agile armour.

Do the stats reflect the background? maybe?

Its background dictates its skill set.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that's BS. If that were true then maybe Sun Tze Marksman would have Marksmanship. Kanren would have Impersonation, Daofei would be in Invincible Army, etc. There's many where the background does not match the profiles at all. CB also just makes mistakes and just changes it's mind at the last minute. In the case of the Daofei, they probably just forgot their own background when making up IA. Hell, look at the new White Banner pack coming out that has a Hac Tao in it (The exact same one that's already in the Booster pack alpha). I'll bet that's just a stupid mistake.

The Holy Knight and LaughinGod like this.
  9. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Ahhhah

The Holy Knight and LaughinGod like this.
  10. SpectralOwl

Well, I guess we'll see if 5 years of setting progress let them finish the prototype and produce a solid product. I rather doubt it.

11. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt Bureau of Colonial Affairs Spokesperson

In addition that Samsa and JSA likely did under the table deals. He has likely facilitated this as a means to rebuild the Concordant's business deals.

Abrilete and Brokenwolf like this.
  12. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Just don't think about the current version of the Boyg. It is probably going to change in N5 and be more accurate with the fluff. Heck, I remember the N4 glowup of the Asawira, which now more aligns with their fluff.

Personally, based on the fluff, I hope the Boyg get Total Reaction in N5.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

It's actually a lot more than 5 years.
    This jump is just a 5 year jump but they have already been advancing.

The setting for Infinity was originally "170 years in the future"
    This is at least the second time they have taken a 5 year jump so now they are saying "180 years in the future"
    Even if we just start to count time from N3 which was 2015 that's another almost 10 years so its conservatively been 20 years that Human Sphere technicians could have been attempting to reverse engineer Voodoo Tech.

14. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

That would be quite interesting. Would also mean it shouldn’t be able to go in a FT? How would TR work in a FT? Get the full B + 1B from Harris+?

But then the ML version would be… Worst? How would BS attack +1B work on ARO?

15. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Uh. Seriously?!

Abrilete likes this.
  16. SpectralOwl

Because this was so popular the last couple of times...

Gwynbleidd, Solodice and UpirLihi like this.
  17. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Fool me with Ko Dali, shame on you

Fool we with the Uprising, shame on me

Won't fool me a third time, i'm done with this GW-esque moves, someday maybe Gutier will learn a twist for the twist's sake does not make for good fiction, specially if you are messing with your customers.

Also, what's that translation on the quote?

#457 Benkei, Sep 23, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2024
    LaughinGod likes this.
  18. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

If that's true, that forum will turn into the largest salt mine in the known universe... :sweat_smile:

Doppelgganger and fari like this.
  19. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

It's not already?

20. Solodice

Solodice Kinda-Known Member

We're doing this AGAIN?! Sigh...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation