1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

With so many miniatures, similar poses are inevitable, but copy pastes or exact poses sting my eyes like acid,
    especially with premium prices.

Perfect copy.
    Comparison2.jpg

#21 Modock, Aug 14, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Just wanted to come back to this one more time. I'm still not saying you're wrong, but in the case of the two artworks in question, those would not have been hard to translate into 3D. The Kunai proves that even Neko's pose would not have been a big problem:
    [​IMG]

3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Update: Bostria said in the Critposting group that at least in the case of Neko, the pinup was done after the sculpt. Too bad, I guess...

4. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

Also in the case of Mushashi, he has a similar pose in both sculpts. One has his arms fully crossed over. So that pose shouldn’t have been hard to achieve.

As a personal note, I’m just glad Neko looks good. I always worry that a redone sculpt will end up getting messed up by trying something too daring that ends up being weird.

Even though it’s a reused pose, it makes him look heroic and it shows off the mini well for painting. Overall I really like him. I also think if the Muk hadn’t been revealed at the same time it would’ve clashed less with Neko.

burlesford likes this.
  5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

It also did not help that the other Mukhtar poses are so more dynamic. However, this pose is probably one of the best for playability and I am glad that we finally have a model.

burlesford likes this.
  6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

In general its a mixture of considerations, playability, ease of painting, casting, survival been transported, visual distinction of weapons ectr ectr.

Poses looking similar is just an effect, of casting and other gameplay considerations.

Agreed, I was really waiting for the sculpt of Senor Massacre but while the new sculpt is technically great, and probably an excellent painting and diorama project, I really do not like such posing so I still use the old one.

7. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I dont like it, but gladly you would not see same pose in one army usually. (exept rarely occasions. And ok. In one sectorial)
    Sadly, for me it is a big deal. Otherwise ot would be easier to live and play x)

I would not touch sets with same body parts (usually lower body) , because they are made to look in a different directions. That helps very much.

8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

It's true that the old models, in the pre-render era, had some really ugly models, but on the other hand, the poses were varied, original and dynamic. With the 3D sculpts all the miniatures have a good quality (there are no ugly ones), BUT, as you said, they have so many static and similar poses....:disappointed_relieved:

Abrilete likes this.
  9. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

GMG has reviewed the hassassin from the animated series, perhaps it will be available at Black Fiday, along with the limited edition figurine for conventions.

GMG Reviews - Resin LEX+OTIS and Ajax for Infinity by Corvus Belli

#29 Wizzy, Aug 17, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
  10. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

Beasthunter_JSA_pinup.jpeg cant wait to get my hands on this beast hunter the large flat areas on the kimono will give us tons of space for unique kimono designs my only complain is that her face is hidden wish CB had her mask as on the concept art Beasthunter_JSA_render.jpeg

Doppelgganger and Abrilete like this.
  11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

What about an LE where she opens a bottle of beer with a fan?

Space Ranger, burlesford and redeemer like this.
  12. redeemer

now that you mention it we do need an Oktoberfest mini

Abrilete likes this.
  13. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think that's the Fat Yuan Yuan's job! :)

14. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

hey @Koni will the new JSA REF profiles get to the army before the edition ends??

15. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Yeah, Op Blackwind for Haqq really hit the repetative eye strain injuries smack in the face - Bokhtar, Barid and Daylami, then Lasiq, Daylami and Nadhir - so similar in their groups of three. At least the running Thorakites with SMG actually pulls back a unique pose.

Daireann and Abrilete like this.
  16. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Me on the other hand is thinking about getting two. One to use as is and one to cut off the head and use on a Shinobu Kitsune model. This Beast Master mask is a Kitsune men after all.

redeemer likes this.
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

18. redeemer

i was thinking of doing the same thing only i was going to make stl head matching the concept art, but converting metal models is such a pain wish CB made her out of plastic or resin XD

19. redeemer

I cant put my finger on it but i don't see fat yuan yuan as an Oktoberfest girl yuan yuan1.png

Wizzy, Time Bandit, Abrilete and 4 others like this.
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

He's there for the women and beer! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation