1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2024: Nuclear winter has struck, leaving room for the N5

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

You mean a new name for Marksmanship?

Gwynbleidd and csjarrat like this.
  2. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Or more dangerous as it would negate-3 to hit and -3 to damage. But it is just speculation,

Gwynbleidd and Errhile like this.
  3. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Bufff! 13 skills (plus skills in the name like leautenant +1 order) This profile is overskilled. I'm disappointed, if the first units come with so much stuff, the game will tend towards powercreep.

Lady Numiria and LaughinGod like this.
  4. Lord Hide

Lord Hide Member

I think nanoscreen will only be +3 ps to range attacks, that's why the Mimetism -3 is there and why the No cover rule is added. In the end with time everything will be revealed to us.

5. SpectralOwl

My guess would be No Cover is a negative skill, and a heavily discounted one at that- 38pts is ludicrously good value for a unit that can score, carries an SWC gun and generates an extra Order (or two with Frenzy). My guess is that it's been de-nested from Impetuous Orders, which is a big impact on Fireteam composition if true and not nullified while in one. If anything's really weird about that profile, it's the ARM 2 on a Heavy Infantry.

Gwynbleidd and Brokenwolf like this.
  6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

yes

I didnt realise that no cover could be marksmanship

7. Errhile

Well, it would be a simpler way of calling Marksmanship, if that's the case.

Besides - have you noticed the unit has merely ARM 2?
    For a Heavy Infantry, that's literally paper-thin... and as such, might be heavily discounted.

8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Doesn't it make more sense with the Frenzy and the ridiculous price tag that no cover is just what it says in the bin and prevents it from benefitting from cover? Not like it means much when you cheat the formula again and give it Mim and Nanoscreen

Or you could have just removed Mim Nanoscreen No Cover and Frenzy and suddenly it's just 9 skills instead of 13

9. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

With Nanoscreen they can't go super high on the ARM value.
    A Gwailo is ARM 3.

The name of the skill doesn't necessary represent the actual behaviour of the unit lorewise.
    Frenzy can mean it has a proclivity to assault techniques favouring the offensive to it's own security once engaged with the enemy (it's the same as Domaru).

All Morats have Religious Troop but it's to convey the fact they never fall back and has nothing to do with religion.

10. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

CB can be wacky with capabilities and unit imagery sometimes. Like looking at the Bronze versus a Hoplite, I would have never guessed that the Bronze has higher armor.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

ARM2? Is that a first for an HI?

This guy seems like a lot of unnecessary things and again trying to cheat their own system.

First they add Frenzy which used to have the rule you did not gain cover and now seems split. Then giving him nanoscreen to give him cover again? What’s the point? You cheat your own system just to give a guy that shouldn’t have cover, cover?

12. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Diablos are ARM2 HI.
    Robin Hook is even an ARM1 HI.

We don't know the rules right now, but from a N4 point of view it seems the Hatamoto is made to be tough against shooting but more squishy if hit in CC (nanoscreen doesn't apply in CC).

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

14. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

He’s got good MODs vs BS, less against Templates, and less against CC. Nanoscreen can fit a CC combatant whose armor is kept light for maximum mobility, but where they want to make sure they can close.

Cadwallon and Gwynbleidd like this.
  15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It's also the first time a human troop has had it. It was CA and Tohaa only for a long time.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. archon

archon Well-Known Member

That realy strange. Normaly HI is ARM 3 minimum. It seems he is HI to make him vulnarable to hacking, but low ARM keep the costs down.

I think this will not work. If you can not benefit from cover then a nanoscreen will simply not work, because it gives you alway cover but you can not use it. Under the N4 ruleset of course.

Here it also looks like they are HI to make them hackable. I wonder about the Diablos, because basicaly they are nomand Diggers (judging from the look) and Diggers have 3 ...

Quiet Professional likes this.
  17. Errhile

I'd respectfully disagree.

Stat-wise, they are indeed very similar, but looks-wise (caveat: as long as looks count for anything!):
    • the Digger is wearing partial armor that seems to be an element of an exoskeleton.
    • the Diablos are obviously cyber-enhanced.
    Though I agree, it was done to make them hackable.

18. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I mean the look of the Nomads-Digger from TAG Raid. Not the actual Digger miniature.

ChrisCenobite likes this.
  19. Errhile

I see. Well, there were several different takes on Digger models in TAG Raid, I am not surprised CB has used a similar route to what they had.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  20. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Bostria mentioned in the seminar at The Krug that the new planet has relics of an ancient civilization. VoodooTech, anyone?

burlesford and Gwynbleidd like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation