1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2023 - Winter is coming with some reinforcements

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Jul 21, 2023.

1. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It's perfectly reasonable to be precise/make a distinction between the whole faction and the sectorials. Specific sectorials getting a profile doesn't mean the faction got it. Does PanO get Teucer or does SAA? Same here. If the new profiles are sectorial limited, it's a stretch to say "Nomads got them".

Jumara and Errhile like this.
  2. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Did you just advocate about having Reinforcements maybe be OK "for the next season" instead of, you know, when they were released?

3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

In which world are Tunguska and Bakunin not Nomads? Is this really what you CB white knights have been reduced to? Arguing that a faction Sectorials are not part of that faction?

And yes, PanO absolutely got Maximus, f. E.

LaughinGod likes this.
  4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Some people realy think in Faction Name = Vanilla. For example once we meet in a gaming group and I was asked what I was going to play.
    I answer Aleph and then someone came up with "oh you play Steel Phalanx!" :nerd_face: But I agree Nomads means - all that is Nomad. Vanilla and the three sectorials not counting Starco as 3.5.

Oh and about Reinforcments releases, I think its the usual way. Release a ruleset or new sectorial first, bringt the first bunch of minis a month later and keep releasing until its finished (okay CB never did it with the excat wording of finish, but kinda). So reinforcments releases will come until next autum. Maybe two factions a month. Next will be CA and maybe Nomads.

I only wish we could use the minis also in normal games. RF mod is not enough to justify the purchase of several boxes that cost 60/70 € each. There should be non-RF profiles of the new troops like there are RF profiles of the old ones. Can someone please set a marker, so we can look back when the first RF box goes OOP?

#144 archon, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It’s work smarter, not faster/harder. If they hadn’t put so much effort into Nomads this year they could have brought out the Reinforcements a month earlier. I don’t know the ins and outs of their sales but I have to believe that, since Nomads are so popular, all of the Nomad figures are a Post-COVID cash grab. This not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of companies were at a loss coming out of Covid and needed to make some of that back. Nomads are a way to do that. But I think if they re-arranged some of the schedule they could have still had all the Nomads and brought RF out a month earlier while there was excitement over it.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. Some say vanilla, some say Nomads. We have a lot cultures and secondary languages here.

6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think that first and foremost you need to calm down and tone down your rsponses.

The fact I do not share your ideas and perception is not a ground to call me neither a troll or an idiot, I explained clearly above what I think, but given you need a clarification, I do not view sectorials of a parent faction and the parent faction to be the same, especially when there is no cross pollination of units.

In the same way I do not view Croziers and Trinitarian as PanOceania units and view them as a pure update to the MO sectorial, I view Zellenkriegers as a Bakunin and Tunguskan update and more so a Tunguskan update as it is the faction that is changed and benefits from the unit been added to them and they are the first new units they got since their debut in N3.

Now while I do understand the notion of "Nomads got yet another update" because a sectorial of them got 3 new units added to them (among a few other sectorials that got the same update) I do not agree with it, and that is fine, you can disagree with me on not viewing the generic faction and its sectorials as individual factions, but you can do so in a calm and polite manner and accept other people have different opinions than you, you can debate it if you want in a constructive manner.

Try to look at it from the perspective of a player that plays only Tunguska, its the only addition the sectorial has seen since its debut in N3.

7. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

There are other factions and sectorials in the same conditions, but they did not even have this opportunity.

Jumara and xagroth like this.
  8. psychoticstorm

Eventually they will get it.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I agree. It never hurts to be nice. I also assume most things are a misunderstanding.

I think Cheerkillers came out after their debut.

Jumara, Cthulhu363 and Savnock like this.
  10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

When you routinely misrepresent or misunderstand releases and rules (like you just did with "Tunguska and Bakunin are not Nomads" and "only one Nomad Sectorial got minis"), there are two possible options:

- you genuinely don't know what you are talking about and maybe you should post less or read better

- you know perfectly well what you are doing and you are at best a troll and at worst just trying to misdirect and muddle conversations you don't want happening

Either way it paints a really bad picture for the official forum that you are the moderator because either you don't know anything about the game or you purposely warp the conversations by straight up lying

11. psychoticstorm

You are correct I checked the 2018 release pdf and they are not there, they were a new unit introduced with N4.

12. psychoticstorm

I did not do anything of the things you accuse me of, so please stop accusing me and maybe start reading what I wrote and not imagine what you think I have written.

To reiterate it for you for the last time, as far as I am concerned, mechanically, and not fluff wise, each generic faction and each sectorial are unique entities that live in isolation, and to be frank this is what everybody speaks, when they say Nomads took the interplanetario" they do not refer to a Tunguska list or a Corregidor list, when they complain there were "too many Steel Phalanx players in Interplanetario" they do not refer to Generic Aleph or Operations Subsection, but to specifically Steel Phalanx.

When an update is done specifically for a sectorial and the generic faction does not get it, I do not view it as an update to the generic faction list but as an update to the specific sectorial, I acknowledge the opinion that since thematically both Bakunin and Tunguska belong to the wider Nomads nation one can say the Nomads got something and I can go as far as accepting someone complain Bakunin got something so soon after their update (and I would argue its for fluff reasons), but I disagree with this opinion, overall the Nomads did not got yet another update given the Generic army got any benefit from the update.

gravitypool and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

And you're entitled to your opinion, just as we're entitled to disagree. And this...

...is why we do, and why semantics and splitting hairs is getting so damn annoying. You could take any six factions and Nomads would still get more new minis than all of them. Hell, they'd be on top even if we take Bakunin completely out of the equation. This is getting gross and disheartening.

I really hope that with N5 CB will finally take a proper look at faction/sectorial/unit construction and rework. They've proven quite a few times that they can do fun and interesting things when they feel like it. But that's the point, they need to feel like it.

edit: oh, one thing I'm a fan of is units exclusive to sectorials. We need to see more of this.

PhDeezNutz, RolandTHTG, Lesh' and 7 others like this.
  14. psychoticstorm

I have no objection at this, I think I have said it twice or trice in this thread already.

Lady Numiria and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't get educated or you are just trolling again, but the bigger common grouping includes the lesser ones, but the inverse is not true. Hence "all Steel Phalanx belongs in Aleph" but not "all Aleph belongs in Steel Phalanx". This is primary school logic.

You keep proving what I say about you is true with your disingenuous arguments, you must believe we are all dumb or something but hey, at least you got what you wanted, you totally derailed the conversation. Guess someone should delete your posts.

Edit: just to make it even clearer, here you have the definition of "sectorial", because no matter how much you want to just make up your own language, it doesn't work like that:

https://dle.rae.es/sectorial

I'll even translate for you: "belonging or pertaining to a sector (part of a colectivity with its own specific characteristics)"

No matter how much you try to troll us, arguing that a release for 2 of the Nomad SECTORIALS is not a Nomad release is just fake news

#155 Benkei, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  16. psychoticstorm

First explain to me how I have derailed the conversation, then answer to the initial question you never answered, what were we discussing here according to you.

17. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Except it's quite common, at least here in the US west of the Mississippi, to speak of Vanilla and Sectorials are separate yet related things. If I speak of "Nomads", it's understood that I've referring to "Vanilla", as it's own thing, not including the Jurisdictional Commands. It's not a troll, it's simply using a different shorthand.

Robock and burlesford like this.
  18. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Fiddler says hi.
    EDIT: and Jelena Kovac I think, she was released after N4 hit.
    EDIT2: and Spektr rework.
    EDIT3: Wolfgang. These just keep piling up.
    EDIT4: Cheerkillers.

Abrilete likes this.
  19. psychoticstorm

You know you are right, they got technically bounty hunters and Miranda since the hunting party got disbanded in N4 along with Cheerkillers, Jelena and Wolfgang, this happened around N4 iirc Jelena a bit before with her dire foes pack that was released before N4 the others with the release of N4, they got Fiddler with her ITS release, Motorized bounty hunters IIRC when they ITS extra stopped and Sforza with the fireteams rework, Spektrs got a rework and hopefully some new miniatures someday with the reinforcements and they will get the Zellenkriegers soon, so they got a few updates along the line, mostly mercenary troops and mercenary characters, but Jelena and Cheerkillers are genuine Tunguskan units, so I should not complain.

edit
    Also the Vostok.

#159 psychoticstorm, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    csjarrat likes this.
  20. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

totally agree, that's the way to go. Trinitarians were prob the best (and sadly only, outside Kaldstrom and reinforcement) addition to PanO since N4, and I'm glad they took that route for this unit, same goes for exclusive reinf profiles/loadouts.

If only it could be the case for everything else that feels too sectorial... ^^'

RolandTHTG, Jumara, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation