September>December 2023 - Winter is coming with some reinforcements

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Yes, making them even more shelfable. And there are several factions that need love, was it really necessary for Tunguska to get it after Nomads got 2 out of 3 Sectorials reworked and remodeled since 2021? Honestly, it's pretty crazy while f. e. Haqqislam has only 2 Sectorials and Ramah is getting several minis going out of print...

I joked with friends about Tunguska being reworked next year because Nomads, and I find it laughable that the joke is getting kinda real.

Also, Shinobu and Mushashi holding each other and crying in a corner... even more

#121 Benkei, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yeah some laughed my saying TJC was going to be updated next year or maybe the year after.

Savnock likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I see nothing bad with Tunguska and Druze having a new unit, especially if that unit is an "expensive" Morlock.

burlesford and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Yeh, we are not talking about that, but keep the misdirection as usual

Lesh' and xagroth like this.
  5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I do. The game's getting bloated. It's getting harder to learn what unit x or y do, because there's too many of them and they're getting too similar to each other. The competition between them is pushing some units out of play. Many new units are kitchen sinks of skills, without proper focus. Factions and sectorials identities are getting more and more fuzzy. NBW is getting overabundant. Older units and many sectorials and factions are ignored in favour of new toys. Complaining about Nomads getting yet another great unit isn't even beating a dead horse at this point, it's beating a horse that has been dead, raised, killed again, cremated, and scattered to the four winds.

I'm on a sabbatical from the game, because I have a hard time mustering enthusiasm for it. Every news I'm seeing makes it harder to decide to try again.

6. psychoticstorm

? what are you talking about then?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. psychoticstorm

But Nomads did not get a new unit? or you consider Generic Nomads, Corregidor, Bakunin and Tunguska as "Nomads"? because I do not consider them all the same.

8. Space Ranger

Um how can you not? You just listed Vanilla and all sectorals of it. You could possibly even add in Star Co. Of course they are currently not "all the same". But the difference between them is starting to be come less and less. TJC was known for not having cheap smoke throwers, well now they do. 8pts instead of 32pts. All of their other abilities are secondary to this. Bakunin already had it with Morlocks+Riot Grrls, Coreggidor had Jags+Intruders or Wildcats. They now have cheap smoke for Grenzers and Cheer Killers who couldn't make great use of smoke before.

UpirLihi and Lady Numiria like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

As I said for me "Nomads" is only Generic Nomads, not the sectorials.

10. Space Ranger

Ok I understand that. "Nomads" still have plenty of smoke chuckers and MSV for them as well as psychotic CC monsters.

11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

As a Tunguska Player, I'm happy about this. When MBHs got Mimetism and went up a point from 8 to 9, I had to rewrite almost all of my lists. And I was always envious of Bakunin and Corregidor who could make good use of their MSV shooters and fill up slots with cheap troops. To get something back that's 8pts and can throw smoke on top feels like something I have wanted for a long time.

Rules wise, they could have left them out of Bakunin, because 6pt smoke will always trump 8pt smoke, but it makes sense fluff wise. Druze are happy to get a buff, they still need it. Dahshat doesn't need them either, but it's a funny fluffy addition at least.

I agree, however, with everyone who's saying that Nomads (of all flavors) seem to keep getting disproportionately more attention from CB than most other factions/sectorials. Except for Bixie, I can't remember a single YJ-themed new profile having been added to YJ since the launch of N4. Same for PanO outside MO. If they had at least strewn the Reinf profiles across the sectorials and vanilla, it wouldn't sting as much. I have sympathy with every YJ and PanO player who feels like an abandoned stepchild.

Azakel, Lady Numiria, Modock and 6 others like this.
  12. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Tunguska will surely enjoy smoke, but the sectorial could have been improved in a different way, retaining its "red PanO" vibes. The NA2 attention is good, either fluffy or needed.

This said, Nomads are definitely getting bloated (Nomad here) and focus should be put someplace else. I'd be happy if this was Ariadna (we saw a lot of oop going there) or Yu Jing. It has definitely gotten models other than Bixie (the long ya, for example), but a rework of their original sectorials will be good. Especially now we also have some lore reasons for that (Aleph has backup hosting options in their system).

13. tacos

tacos Well-Known Member

I'd agree that it'd be nice for the love to be shared a little. If the Nomads can have so many TAGs, YJ/Haqq/O12 can get some more as well!

Benkei and xagroth like this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I was talking about profiles, not models. The Long Ya was added with N4 (or even before). All the models YJ got during N4 were to fill up profiles that were released with Kaldstrøm, before N4 even hit.

xagroth likes this.
  15. Space Ranger

Yes, Long Ya were pre-siocast.

Yeah I’ve got to say I was/am bent out of shape from Nomads getting Bakunin updated shortly after Corregidor got updated. They still have the most figures for this year and will probably hold the record for a while.

2023 Figure Release up to October.
    Nomads: 10 Releases, 32 figures (2 Wildcat, 1 Evader, 2 Tomcats, 3 Beta Pack, 9 Bakunin, 1 Dire Foes, 4 Coregidor FT Pack, Meteor Zond, Stigmata, 3 Expansion Alpha, Illuminatrix, Uberfallkommando)

Combined Army: 6 Release, 20 Figures (Hungries, Daturazi, 3 Rodoks, 4 Expansion Beta, Caskuda, CA Support Pack Alpha)
    Ariadna: 4 Release, 9 Figures (Wardriver, Pack Alpha, Patchers, Kosmo Support pack)
    Aleph: 4 Release, 6 Figure (Agamemnon, Booster Beta, Phoenix, Maximus)
    NA2: 4 Releases, 4 Figures (Wardriver, Yuan Yuan, O-Yoroi, Sforza)
    PanO: 2 Releases, 4 Figure (Dire Foes, 3 Armbots)
    Yu Jing: 3 Releases, 3 Figures (Lei Gong, Hulang, Bixie General Release)
    O-12: 2 Releases, 3 Figures (Roadbots, Secudroid, Sarko)
    Haqqislam: 2 Releases, 2 Figures (Shakush, Yara Hadod)

Jumara, Cadwallon, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Please refrain to derail proper discussions into unproductive circles, I would not like to see you banned because of that.

Oh, wait...

Lesh' and LaughinGod like this.
  17. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

SoRa is newer than N4. But other than that I can't remember anything else.

burlesford likes this.
  18. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

"But Daddy, I want the toys all NOW! Make the little games publisher slaves work FASTER, DADDY!!11!!"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally I'm happy to have Reinforcements rules out in beta so we can play with proxies while the minis come out at a pretty good pace... rather than having the rules gather dust while they prepare a big-bang release of like 7 armies at once (which the market could not absorb IMO, given that much of their playerbase fields multiple factions and needs months between big purchases).

Assuming that the Reinforcements extra gets better over the next year (which is how CB rules work, like N1-N4 itself even), we'll have a pretty decent set of minis for the next season.

burlesford and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

You're right, I forgot her. It's still very little.

20. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Wtf is this new height of either trolling or idiocy? Are you really asking if people consider Nomads Nomads? Surely you aren't advocating neither Bakunin nor Tunguska are Nomads

Yet another pathetic attempt at misdirection when flaws of the game are being discussed

Lesh', Jumara, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation