1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2023 - Winter is coming with some reinforcements

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Jul 21, 2023.

1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Just the same here — I couldn't disagree more. There are tons of recent sculpts that I absolutely love and want to have, and funnily enough, Bixie is one of them. I think that before we call something "downright ugly", we should caveat it by mentioning our personal taste — because they apparently differ wildly. I know people who love the new Sforza more than the Defiance one. I love the new Lizard, others hate it. I hate the new Yara, others love it. Some people abhor the recent oversized swords on the Bakunin models, others think they're awesome.

In the end, it IS a matter of taste, and CB will never get it right for everyone, but apparently they get most things right for enough people to buy it.

kesharq and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

For me, the thing I don't like is that the face is too narrow. It looked good from the side, but from the front the proportions don't fit.

The other weird thing is that she's looking to the right. The first picture made it look like she was glancing left around the corner, which would have made much more sense. But that's a painter's choice that can easily be fixed with your own paintjob.

Also, I still think it's a fantastic model. Can't wait to paint it.

3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

No, that's necessarily implied in this context.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

If we’re talking about classic misses, let us never forget this guy.

[​IMG]

Jumara, Mako, Abrilete and 3 others like this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Agree to disagree, but let's move on.

Knauf likes this.
  6. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Keep a separate list with the re-release of OOP ones. We also saw the tac bow ninja regular release, now the happy days limited time made-to-order... This is a trend that deserves observations.

On a separate note, I like that CB made this box, it is pretty much a mini start collecting one and it allows better entry into NA2

#486 UpirLihi, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    Abrilete and burlesford like this.
  7. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

The classic cateran didnt have kneepads neither and nobody cared about

burlesford and Cadwallon like this.
  8. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

He is sitting on his butt, though. With a nice thick kilt between him and the cold hard stairs he's posed on.

Plus, I haven't heard anyone saying anything about his knees, contarary to the lass here.

9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I also haven't heard anyone say anything about hers expect for you

10. Errhile

@Daireann was wondering about "that knee". I responded to that ;)
    Not that it matters in the end, of course :P

11. Errhile

[Edited] Damn, a double-post...

12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'll think about it.

I'm actually more and more irritated by it. Since I have the previous box, If I want the two characters I'll need to pay for a full box with figures I already have! They should have done a 3-man box with one new Druze. Hacker, Panzerfaust, Combi, anything! Then, it's good for both new players and vets who already have Druze. This actually sucks.

#492 Space Ranger, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    burlesford likes this.
  13. UpirLihi

GW has the best approach, selling each unit separately and also in various bundles. Sometimes the same unit - in 5 different bundles. But GW has its own shops and is worth 5 billion.

In the absence of such scale CB does the second best thing - releases miniatures in smaller boxes first, then gathers them in a bigger pack. This allows for people to collect stuff as it comes out or for late arrivals - in convenient bundles. Now in the case of Arslan, for example, he was in a Dire Foes box, so he wasn't entirely convenient to get in the first place and I can see how people waiting for him to feature in a Druze-only box are now annoyed that they'll have to get duplicate models or trawl the secondary market. Something similar happened to me with Carlota, which came in a tomcats box and I already had enough old tomcats. The alphabet boxes for Nomads also had a mixture of things I want and a things I had.

Ultimately, there is no way to guarantee that everybody will get exactly the miniatures he wants outside of just selling everything in a single model clamshell. But there are several sellers who do a great job at splitting boxes and the secondary market is also rather tame and active.

14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I don’t know what country you’re in, but I can still find Dire Foes: Nocturne online, despite it being OOP. That gets you Arslan, an HVT, and Knauf, who can also be used as a Druze sniper. It’s more or less the same guy as Jethro, that was the whole plot of the comic.

burlesford likes this.
  15. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I thought to rewrite earlier, but better late than never. Let’s return to this picture of Cateran.

[​IMG]

Knee is strange in many angles, and that is what makes me worry. It looks like there is a tumor or something like that. We can see somehow knee cup there, and that strange big thing with strange line isn’t part of it. For now it looks like a bad anatomy (on a sketch below from the right you can see what I see... more or less)

And to talk about this photo and unnatural lines and bends... it looks like something on the sketch below at the left side. But this moment is a question of a point of view.
    After all I made not only complaining but some fun of it x)
    [​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

That's a good point but I still think this was again bad marketing by CB.

17. UpirLihi

This is the first ever wargame miniature with prepatellar bursitis. 112 will fix it with his doctorin' axe in no time, just needs to remember to use the spiky side, not the choppy side.

Now her face, on the other hand... well it will probably need much more complex intervention. Seriously, after the tartan and the work on the base and so on... some more attention on the face would have been awesome.

Daireann likes this.
  18. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m going to wait and see what people find once they have the actual model in hand, sometimes these are issues of painting or photography, not sculpting.

Vocenoctum likes this.
  19. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The problem lies not only in the terrifying knee, but also in the foot, which is positioned to the inside, totally not natural.
    That's not a matter of taste or preference, it's just bad design and bad anatomy.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Daireann likes this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That will be fixable with some simple bending though. Luckily S2s are still metal.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation