1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September>December 2023 - Winter is coming with some reinforcements

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

- Sister, could we use sepsitor?
    - Sure.
    - Is it safe?
    - Suuuuuure!.. *then this sister yawning with her specula jaw*

Well, howl situation is funny. And I didn’t knew about lots of soviet influence among British intelligence (I guess, soviet would be better here, but anyway). Going to seek some info.

Yes, that is what I saw. I guess, it could be more fair than this, if Code1 releases could be in their tempo, and other things would not disturb or delay it. But that is very short. For now I decided to have a break of infinity. But I am very interested, what is going on in story. (And I want remracers...)

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Of importance is that the Observance wanted the Sepsitor to study it and learn how to use it on their own (and others), the Military Orders who were the ones who actually managed to salvage the sepsitor (before it was stolen) want it for the Hospitals of Malta (were the Hospitalers study and try to find a cure for sepsitor), as far as morality goes Robin Hook wanted to return it to the Military Orders but because she was uncertain if the observance would come to her first broke it.

The AI seems to know a lot more than she lets people think.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I would think due to the war, O-12 would have built up the military proper. There's not much they would need to add to those already not in Starmada. They could also supplement with some Aleph as well. I agree with @psychoticstorm that O-12 would take in other factions troops to become their own. For instance a Mowang trooper would become a Gamma. Better yet they train them from a recruit.

burlesford likes this.
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Adding to this, the Haqq reinforcement troops will also be next year. They will not need to do much to completely revive QK.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Because if CB sells certain models only in a single pack, well, I wouldn't want to say they try to force their customers to buy something they don't want to get one single model they do. Is there, after all, any way of getting those precise models separately? Aside from old, OOP blisters, that is.

The problem with your affirmation is that things sold for "code1" are not sold for N4, so if someone wants them for N4, there is that unavoidable need to eat C1. Which I agree is not even an intro for N4, now that not even the order expenditure sequence match.

The Mole is a movie based on John Le Carré's same book, based on historical events. It's a long movie.

Don't they all...

After all, the amount of "rogue AI" hiding in Nomad ships seems to be growing at such rate, I find it funny how O12 has not realized it by now while Aleph, supposedly, has... that they are rogues, I mean.
    Or are they?

Well... Starmada, again, is Fleet. Most of its personnel are spacers and crew.
    We should see a proper Spatha sectorial, being a mix of police and military units... quite likely, if until now we've seen a kinda AlePanO O12, we may see something more in the NomAleph style (less BS, more mimetism, more WP...).

Daireann and LaughinGod like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

As far as I remember, the Nomads nation has not signed any treaties about stopping AI proliferation, so AI are legal or a huge grey zone within the boundaries of the Nomads nation, and this is why many have fled to it, the problems occur when said AI are outside of the nations grounds.

Same goes with many ethically grey things that are legal only on Nomads territory.

Lady Numiria and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

The Nomads are the sole arbiters which AI should live and which should not on their territory.

8. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Hahaha

9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Face it, guys, the reason the nuns are messing with Sepsitor is not to make them appear kinda bad, it's to justify the new Sepsitor profile coming 2 months from now. Can't have anything in the game Bakunin can't play.

Wish this was 100% a joke and didn't have a chance of happening, but I'm not sure anymore.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

From the core book RPG, considered official by corvus belli:
    So you claim that a nation belonging to O12 refuses basic O12 rule, and that having representatives at several levels of O12 (senate, Oberhaus and Security Council) means they "don't sign" whatever they don't want to... Now please explain to me why Yu Jing, who never signed any treaty giving independency to JSA, suffer its imposition by O12.

It's called internal consistency. Try to practice it if you want others to stop thinking that you don't speak in good faith, but have a conclusion and will do and say whatever it takes to reinforce that conclusion, instead of the regular logical process of having a starting point and being able to rationally argue your point with others until a solid conclusion.

LaughinGod likes this.
  11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And yet AI like like Robin Hook exist, and Svengali, and McMurrough’s sword Beatrice, and others mentioned… and they all happen to have connections to the Nomad Nation. It’s almost as if a government is saying and doing one thing officially and another in something off the books. Maybe they could call those off the books resources Black Labs or something.

12. psychoticstorm

As per π-well background in Zoe and π-well background it is stated that π-well as an AI it would be blatantly illegal outside Nomads Justification, as per Nomads sourcebook the discussion of rogue AIs in the small text about Robin Hook the head of the Moderators in a public adress has no issue acknowledging their existence.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

How about we all stop dog piling on psychotic storm's character? He's not any further off the beam than anyone else around here. There. Everywhere.

14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

You surely aren't suggesting Nomad Sectorial troops are Nomads? because that would be total crazyness

Chaserabinov likes this.
  15. psychoticstorm

In code one there are no sectorials.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Which calls into question why the nation with less resources and on the verge of dissapearing all the time don't get the law enforced on them by ALL THE RULING POWERS THERE ARE.

The answer, of course, is bad writing and protagonist immunity

xagroth likes this.
  17. psychoticstorm

The answer is a complex and complicated universe with depth and perspective that is not a flat black and white cutout standing in the back.

I would suggest you read it sometime, its quite good.

18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Shame I already did and I guess you haven't read much if you think this is a "complex and complicated universe with depth and perspective" when your take is "PanO invading YJ because weebs in space are cool is ok but Nomads being held responsible for the breaching of accords they are part of is out of the question"

Seeing as you were so kind as to suggest me to read it I'd repay your kindness suggesting you read actual literature and get your mind blown if you really think this is deep.

xagroth likes this.
  19. psychoticstorm

If you choose to ignore all the lore that you do not like, you will loose a great deal of complexion and complication of the lore and the internal consistency of the universe, like for example the fact Nomads are not part of that accord and they also do not pay the "Aleph tax".

Ill keep your suggestion on reading more literature, I do it anyway, but never hurts to read more.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. Forthfaran

Forthfaran Well-Known Member

Stop imaging things, projecting things on others and the telling lies. This „take“ of PS is in your head.

Have you looked around in the world? How unfair and inconsistent the world is? How there are outcries about one thing and everyone accept worse things in another area. Well, Infinity is just that. It is like life. And the fluff makes the it clear that the setting is „human“, with both the strength and weakness that stems from it. You asking for such a totalarian consistency would destroy the plausibility of the setting. To me it makes sense that there are rogue AIs and everyone tries to create/use them and therefore take a blind eye on Nomads. Humanity is very bad at consistency, especially if one power controls a very, very powerful tool. Of course everyone want its own version or at least be not dependent on one single source.
    I am sure Aleph and some of its devotees are very frustrated about the human spheres handling of rogue AIs or Nomads in this regard. But other mighty powers have interest in rogue AIs and I bet there is a flourishing trade with (knowledge of) rogue AIs.
    There just was no big enough incident with them that the powers said „yeah, maybe Aleph is right and we should punish Nomads for it (but Nomads, you can still open a Lab for rogue AIs on our moon, just do not tell anyone)“

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation