1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sell me on OSS, Vanilla just feels much stronger and interesting

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by BarbeChenue, Dec 21, 2018.

1. BarbeChenue

BarbeChenue Well-Known Member

Title says it all.

I find OSS completely boring, and underpowered when compared to how amazing Vanilla ALEPH is. I have purchased Operation: Coldfront, but never played a "real" 300 pts. I played quite a few games of Vanilla, and a *lot* of Steel Phalanx. I just don't understand why I'd voluntarily choose to play MSV 2 Maruts / MSV 3 Asuras, but no Smoke... Why? I'd rather play mmy PanOceania... (Who are experts at the whole "no access to smoke" thing.)

Posthumans are available in Vanilla. Skirmishers don't link. I can't think of a good reason...

2. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

There are four reasons to play a Sectorial.
    1. You like the fluff and just do it because.
    2. You like the link options
    3. You plan to use an increase in ava
    4. You like perk profiles that are only available in sectorial. (Asura lt 2 or mercs)

If you don't like any of those go play vanilla. You gain firepower and order efficiency with links, and new mixed links are very versitile. Link bonuses are arguably similar in power to smoke + msv, without the need to spend orders setting it up. Though there are other constraints.

Just play what you want to play.

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Dakini links is the big one, IMO. The amount of firepower they bring per point is ridiculous. The 5 man bonus with Assisted Fire means a Mimetism HMG that hits on 17s.

Keep in mind you also have higher AVA for skirimishers.

Lack of smoke is really not an issue, it's not like MSVs are somehow pointless without it. An Asura is still throwing 4 dice at 14 into almost anything, with few exceptions. Smoke + MSV2 is a tactic, too many people try to play it as if it's a strategy.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation