1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sell me on Myrmidons (other than Chain rifle)

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Axelius, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Axelius

Axelius Not a Rogue AI

Tried my hand at making a list with more than chain myrms, ending up with this. The main beatstick is Ajax+Officer rather than Spitfire+Machaon because I want to use my Ajax and bring a BSG to the gang for flexibility.

Still got 4 pts spare, and I'm not married to the Ekdromoi, but I thought having a flanking threat with AP rounds have proven good in the new ARM+Cover meta. I could also upgrade Nesaie to a Spitfire, but I kind of want to try out her Multi

Not just chain myrm
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    AJAX Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 39)
    MYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 34)
    MYRMIDON (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades ( ) / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0.5 | 29)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    PHOENIX (Lieutenant) Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / DA CC Weapon, Heavy Pistol. (1.5 | 35)
    MYRMIDON Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    EKDROMOS Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    ALKÊ (NCO) MULTI Rifle(+1 Dam), Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    THORAKITES Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    THORAKITES (Paramedic, 360º Visor) Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    THORAKITES (360º Visor) Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    3 SWC | 296 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

yoink101 likes this.
  2. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Just enough to upgrade the SMG Thorakitai to a second LRL, or Alke to a spitfire!

yoink101 likes this.
  3. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Why the BSG Ekdromos? The hacker brings a lot of versatility and also comes with a burst 2 template to melt fireteams. While AP is nice, i feel the double chain rifle is good enough not to pay the 8pts difference.

Tourniquet, Axelius and yoink101 like this.
  4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Ajax used to get buddied up with some basic myrms as a vanguard suicide piece with the mac team being the second wave that comes in and mops up what is left after the first team has made a mess of their lines. Though now I'm tempted to do this with a solo FD ajax.

This is a list I played recently for mind wipe, its based off of my old shell of mac team+ kite team+ Rems (normally there's also a mk12 agema in there too) then plug in the extras.

MW test
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    MACHAON (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    MYRMIDON (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades ( ) / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0.5 | 29)
    MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 30)
    SCYLLA (Hacker, EVO Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (+2 Damage)]) Boarding Shotgun, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    ATALANTA (Total Reaction) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( | TinBot: Discover [+3]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 44)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    EKDROMOS Chain Rifle(+1B) / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    ALKÊ (NCO) MULTI Rifle(+1 Dam), Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    THORAKITES (360º Visor) Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    THORAKITES Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 23)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Axelius likes this.
  5. Axelius

Axelius Not a Rogue AI

I assume the fact that Machaon is an obvious LT in this list is just something you have to suck up and accept as an SP player?

6. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Well now that a lieutenant's WIP is open information it's very hard to hide. In N3 I'd often make Nesaie Alke or Ajax or someone my lieutenant because most seemed to use Machaeon in that role to throw opponents off. Now if your opponent ask for your lieutenants WIP and you say 12 they know it's Ajax.

Axelius likes this.
  7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I play nomads, so I'm used to obvious LTs and its something I have learned to play around. But unlike nomad LTs Machaon isn't easy to put down and will put up a half decent fight, also they have to get through the rest of the team to get to him.

yoink101, RolandTHTG and Axelius like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation