1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 10 Moiras

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by PirateCaptain, Sep 3, 2018.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Pricey? The Daylami costs 10 pts... or 8pts and 0.5 SWC apiece (AVA Total) ... And your Wildcat Haris costs more than 30pts and 1 SWC (the cost of a Speculo), so I'd say it's a very advantageous exchange for the attackers... :p

Edit: Specially if a Fiday drops a mine on the corner, then a Daylami pops up and Surprise Shots the link with his shotgun XD

2. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Yeah but they can do that with or without the Brave rule. Only thing that changes is if you spent an order to move up 4 inches or start the game there.

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Daylami are worth a lot more than 8 when they make the roll, and I never have all 3 able to be under the template. Even with 2 I'm likely to have a survivor. It's just a thing that happens and I'm happy to have it end on the Wildcats as a suicide attack than continue on.

inane.imp and Solar like this.
  4. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I've got a whole one game under my belt for season 10, but I think forward deployment doesn't help Moiras that much. If you've got first turn and they need to go somewhere, sure, but for the most part it just gets them closer to whatever is gonna kill them.

The one Moira with a good ARO (MSR) wants to be in the DZ anyway.

theradrussian and xagroth like this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I deploy all my infiltrators differently depending if I have turn 1 and where I want them to go.

6. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Grenzers profit quite a bit from it. Spitfire, Combi, Flamer, BSG, and Sensor all want to be closer anyways. Now a link of them doesn't seem like such a handicap compared to Securitate.
    And linked Interventor Lt. protected by a Biovisor, Sensor and Flamer is a good counter to all the annoying/dangerous stuff too.

7. gravitypool

gravitypool Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Not all, you're forgetting the killer hacker that will certainly snipe your obvious lt.

8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Relatively tricky to do that, mind. The Interventor will sucker punch back, and even on a Naga or some such trooper, with decent WIP, they'll be getting two dice on 11s vs one on 12, not great odds. Especially as the Interventor actually has a decent chance of surviving a redrum, needing two 8s for BTS saves (not good but better than basically anyone else). I do think that hacker LTs are a bit of a liability mind, which is why I'd probably take a Grenzer LT in the link with an Interventor there to provide ssl2 hacking and such. Grenzer Spitfire, MSR, FO/Sensor and LT with an Interventor HD+ or KHD seems strong to me.

9. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Yeah it's a liability, but you get a whole extra Order too you can use to boost stuff.

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If you're willing the break the link. I don't think Interventor Lt. makes sense for the Core.

McNamara likes this.
  11. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Duh, I forgot that the Lt. Order works different then just giving an Order to a Hacker in a link team. Meh.

12. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Moiras don't gain *that* much from it. You already had a HMG that is fine for working from your deployment zone, and the girls want to keep their distance from direct template weapons.

For Kusanagi it helps a lot. Especially if you are going to use her as a disposable attacking piece - you did not plan for her to survive the next active turn of your enemy anyway, its just cheaper to get her in position.

xagroth likes this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Moiras with an EM LGL and Spitfire Kusinagi as the link's "SAW" do get use from it, mind. Put in the Healer BSg, an Assault Hacker and an E/Mitter and everyone really loves the Forward Deployment.

xagroth and PirateCaptain like this.
  14. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I'm more likely to use an unlinked HMG as well.

inane.imp likes this.
  15. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

It also goes some way to mitigating the advantages Mary Sue has over the Moira AHD. I'm probably still taking Mary Sue but it's one less thing

16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Lotta beef with Julie Andrews here

17. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Hehe, I just realized that Intruders can now hide between Hecklers in ITS10! :D

sarf and Robock like this.
  18. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Still not impressed with linked Moiras. Will try to use single MSR or single HMG.

19. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Try a trio: Healer BSG, HMG/Kusanagi, EM LGL.

Trip Zeroes then Z&P, REMs and Warbands to bulk out the list.

xagroth and sarf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation