1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Grabs from ITS document

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Grotnib, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Grotnib

Grotnib Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if this has been asked and and answered somewhere, but I couldn't find a clear answer. Can anyone tell me if it's okay to take screen grabs of the ITS document for my blog for the purposes of discussing missions? I'm mostly thinking about using the maps and the scoring boards... If it is allowed, is it enough that I disclose the fact that I'm using images taken from Corvus Belli's ITS document at start of the article for example, or is there a more strict and established way of referring to the CB material used?

Thank you for any advice on the matter!

*Edit. Corrected spelling mistakes.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I can unofficially tell you they don't give a shit. Go and do it.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It might be polite to include a link to the full packet on their site or something, but using maps and tables out of the PDF is completely reasonable if you're trying to do writeups for the missions.

Abydog and Grotnib like this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There used to be a statement on copyright and the use of CB's intellectual property on the old forums which, if memory serves, would allow you to do this. I also think this would fall under "fair use" or the applicable equivalent, as long as you don't modify or make claims on it.

I'm not a lawyer in Spain, the EU, or anywhere else, so don't take my word for it. Send them a mail and ask.

Grotnib and toadchild like this.
  5. Grotnib

This is a sound piece of advice! I've sent them an email out of respect, let's see if I get a reply!

toadchild likes this.
  6. Grotnib

Got a reply from CB yesterday! They were very nice and supportive, and told me that all the free material online on their website and their social media is available for use, as long as there's no making money involved! I have to say, I love the way Corvus treats it's customers and hobby enthusiasts!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation