1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday Night Heroes: Streaming from Maui, Hawai'i!

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by Chikahiro, Mar 17, 2019.

1. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

@Chikahiro I catch up your stream today and I think you misundertood how Hammerhead and Bachmann works.

Around minute 8:
    - Hammerhead isn't immune to :D:poison.
    - If Hammerhead :D:poisons himself, if he hasn't removed the tokens by the end of his activation, that's going to damage him.
    - Hammerhead doesn't get extra movement for his switch during Overdose, so he would get 3+3+1 movement that turn.
    - State step skipped.

At minute 13:
    - About Dart's attack comment: it doesn't matter if she's :O:hidden, Bachmann can use his switch to :D:poison back Dart if she attacks him. :O:Hidden just means that Bachmann can't use :2: to deal :4: back to her.

At 23:
    - Bachmann is out of Nanodendrites's range.

At 25:
    - Hammerhead is too close to Mendoza to perform Battering Ram. Battering Ram is range :L:2-4.
    - State step skipped, again.

At 39:
    - Smoke is removed at the beginning of Kozmo's activation.

At 46:
    - Gata doesn't need to disengage when using free running.

At 57:
    - After 3 turns Hammerhead is finally doing the States step. :_)

At 55 and 1:12
    - You can't drawn LoS to characters inside smoke. They are effectively :O:Hidden from the rest. Hammerhead can't target Dart nor Mendoza.

#61 treiral, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Croepoek likes this.
  2. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaaah, the stench of failure to comprehend...

*sigh*

I’ll pass this on, thank you! I feel like I owe you a beer or aspirin though...

treiral likes this.
  3. Chikahiro

So, due to the impending Memorial Day holiday in the US our schedule is getting mussed up. This week we will be playing Aristeia, but I'm not sure if it'll be pre-recorded or done much earlier in the day. D'oh!

4. Chikahiro

I've been out with pneumonia since last Saturday, so I missed two games :(

5/25/19: Kipahuligan (Major Lunah, Parvati, Murtair and Final Boss) and BanzaiZAP (hEXx3r, Laxmee, Valkyrie and 8-Ball). They have a short post-game commentary at the end to wrap up.

6/1/19: The debut of Primus and his first time playing! He's going against BanzaiZAP. Valkyrie, Final Boss, Kozmo and Taowu throwdown against Maximus, Senor Massacre, Prysm and the Koorie Queen. Brawlers versus Taunts!

Croepoek and treiral like this.
  5. Chikahiro

BanzaiZAP tries making a condensed soup version of the Memorial Day game:

Down to 30 minutes about.

6. Chikahiro

Tentative: Kipahuligan and I will be facing off in the Hexadome this week. We've had a lot of people sick this past week or two, but it seems like the plague has mostly moved on. Also, hopefully soon we'll be able to debut Vnbsaber, another player, and maybe a little tournament within our group.

7. Chikahiro

AdmiralJCJF, Croepoek and treiral like this.
  8. Chikahiro

Played Blitz with Kipahuliga, had fun, mentally he built his team for Assault (force of habit), which messed him up. Fun scenario! Should be up on YouTube soon.

treiral likes this.
  9. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I couldn't wait for YouTube so I headed over to Twitch On-Demand videos to watch it!
    Let me start saying that you were not playing Blitz at all!
    The Objetives are checked at the end of each Turn, let me explain this bit.
    Every Round is composed by 4 Turns, each turn includes 2 character's activations. All this means that every turn starts by revealing the characters and comparing initiatives. During a game of Blitz, every turn also ends by checking the objectives, gaining points, and drawing cards. And then, at the end of the round, you draw 2 more.
    Basically you were playing a shorter version of Assault with different points, gaining cards, and deployment instead of Blitz.
    I understand this mistake since Turn and Round are easily interchangeable in most games.

Besides that, you didn't make many mistakes, gameplay-wise. You forgot cover with Wild Bill but that happens some times. And during your first HammerHead activation (around minute 7) you could actually hit Final Boss if you picked to move 3 to the center instead of the side, from there Final Boss was right at range 4 to be hit by Battering Ram.

HammerHead only :D:Overdose himself though, notice the range :L:0-0. Basically he :D:poisons himself to gain :2: for each :D:. So during that Battering Ram against Final Boss you would have :2::2::2::2: plus your roll :7:. And for each :4: you do, you remove :D:, which is your survivability. Don't forget though, that Final Boss reduces :2: whenever he's attacked in range :L:1-4, that's his survivability.
    During Final Boss movement (minute 48), you forgot to roll disengage from Wild Bill and he couldn't do Swim Move over Valkyrie, since her state tokens were already flipped, and she was no longer affected by those :I::S::G:states.

BTW, the camera setup, mic sound, everything was perfect. Also, great game! Thank you for streaming!

10. Chikahiro

D'oh!

Okay, I need to print out the scenarios and we'll go over it pre-game. Thank you!

It was fun though. I hope the next game is better - Kipahuligan's team selection made things quite hard for him.

11. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Bringing Taowu, Oberon, and hEXx3r means he got mostly support roles in his team, and only Final Boss to cover the offensive. In a scenario that grants VP for killing, that's a team way too squishy, I agree.

12. Chikahiro

Yeah. Next time he won't have the same brain fart, and I expect a much better game. But man, he definitely sees things I don't, so it'll be tough! :)

13. Chikahiro

Whoot! Its up!

And yes, we got it wrong :D

14. Chikahiro

treiral likes this.
  15. Chikahiro

BanzaiZAP has put up the new game, AND made a 1/2 hour version of it :)

16. Chikahiro

So, tomorrow it'll be Kipahuligan and I believe the debut of Vnbsaber. Will double check the time, but believe it'll be a little earlier than normal due to stuff happening later in the day :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  17. Chikahiro

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  18. Chikahiro

YouTube full game up, and Just The Moves will be up later this week :)

19. Chikahiro

We finally get to playing 1/2 of the Master of Puppets! The "Only The Moves" version should be up later this week upload_2019-7-22_8-0-11.gif :)

-V- and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  20. Chikahiro

SQUEEEE~!

We only need 10 more subscribers to hit 100! Soon we can get a real URL rather than Youtube jibberish :D :D :D

Sorry, I'm excited :)

Thank you for all the support everyone! :D :8::8::8:

#80 Chikahiro, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    -V- and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation