1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sami's Table/terrain Works

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Samiberi, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Samiberi

Samiberi Well-Known Member

Figured i could post some table stuff i was SOMEWHAT putting together, and maybe get some idea's on what to do with it all. Im thinking of turing my 4x5 table (i have the 4x4 section marked off so we have a 1x4 area for models/stuff to sit on) and im deciding to make a more -modular- but permanent table so it doesn't take like...an hour and a half to set something up. Like 4, 2x2's i can mix and match, or 9 tiles to can do more with? i unno. i got a lot of stuff i can muss with! XD

Attached Files:

Berjiz, Usashi, Koin-Koin and 3 others like this.
  2. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

thats a lot of terrain. nice flower, too ;)

3. Samiberi

Thanks! I love the planters now

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, those Warsenal planters are great.

I see lots of MAS buildings, and some Warsenal (I think).

I still recommend the 9+4+scatter rule of thumb for Infinity tables. 9 big pieces, 8x8"+, laid out on a 3x3 grid. 4 smaller pieces, maybe 4x4" on the intersections of the grid. Trucks or busses making the turn from one street to another work really well. And finally a crapton of scatter, so much that you can move from scatter to scatter in a single MOV. You're also going to want scatter to put on top of the buildings, in addition to down at street level, so your troops have something to hide behind on the rooftops.

jherazob likes this.
  5. Samiberi

Yeah I have... twenty MAS buildings and 9 Warsenal ones? ish? I havent painted them or set permanent the fixtures cause I really want to build like two or three tables or at least options for tables? I was thinking of getting another 4x4 peice of plywood (thinner then what the table is made from) and cutting it into 9 equal parts and like hard fixing buildings onto each little square. It would make building a functional table easier, for example I could just place the squares with buildings down. Add scatter. Done! Change the table up? Rotate a few squares and its completly different.

Essentially I want to try and build one or two good table ideas and put them together so I am not constantly just spending over an hour building a neat table. It's the longest part of infinity for me and I wanna shorten it down.

And I think the second picture, the one with some warsenal buildings and scatter terrain is the one my nomads clashed with ardiana on. It was really fun, the others were me just dusting off the collection and taking stock or what I got still

6. Samiberi

I have more images kd stuff I'll post when I get back to my computer, it doesn't wanna post from my phone

7. Samiberi

Sorry if some are blurry :(

Attached Files:

cory, Abydog and jherazob like this.
  8. Samiberi

Since for some reason the site won't let me upload any photo's ill just spare everyone my crude illustrations and post what my plan is. I aim to either do one of two Ideas

Idea A) nine separate tiles, 16" x 16" with some base buildings built into the seperate tiles. This would give me easy of setting up a table, just take some tiles out, rotate them to how i think they should fit in, and mix and match til a table is made, add scatter terrain and done! it would speed up building tables for play super fast, and allow me to make a "Thematic" style of table. It would also be able to build an objective room right in the center, and help make it easy for the various objectives to be in play
    downside is measurements would be easy to be done since everyone would know what 16" was based off the squares themselves

Idea B) four 24" x 24" squares, Same concept, just seperate tiles with some permanent buildings and terrain on top, that i could sprinkle with scatter terrain and objectives and be done. More downsides to this build, but makes center line easy to find, but also means i have to build each square with being able to drop an objective room in the center in mind, and it would have less variation to just "spinning a square or three around to make a completely new build"

What do you all think?

Oh, the board i am ultimately deciding to build is an overrun Yu-jing outpost on dawn. Run down and changed faction hands a few times :)

Section9 and chromedog like this.
  9. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

Have you tried to reduce the size of the pictures?

10. Samiberi

They are no bigger then the ones I uploaded before and jts not giving me any specific error. Its alright it was just sketches of sizes and dimensions I was looking at

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I would rather have Idea A, though I'd make 10 separate tiles, one with an Objective Room and one without.

I've seen some underground tiles (and even a container yard!) like that where they made it so that two tiles could stack top-to-top and only be the height of one tile (plus an additional base). That's a really good idea for storage, as the tiles are big.

jherazob likes this.
  12. Samiberi

Yeah i was thinking that, My overall idea was to do something like 10, 16"x16" squares, then do like a ton of 14x14 or 15x15 squares to layer on top to make a natural "road path" i can fill in on each side with a sort of road (i have a rubble i do for bases that i want to like make a broken road with) that would be good and if i do it right it would still be able to make a full like, Map with modular ideas, ill get the 16x16's first to make sure, and yeah, 10 is a great number to make on an objective room or swap it would for something else! :D

chromedog and jherazob like this.
  13. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It's usually just easier to host the images elsewhere (imgur, photobucket, etc) and paste the image links into the post. Posting images direct to this forum (whichever incarnation it was) has always been dodgy.

jherazob likes this.
  14. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Avoid Photobucket, after their last fiasco is not worth the potential hassle

Xeurian likes this.
  15. chromedog

It was a suggestion, hence the "etc". I cbf'd keeping track of all the photohosting sites these days. Sometimes the fustercluck that is PB works, other times, it's just fubar.

16. Samiberi

i might Imgur actually. i will be painting some of my scatter terrain here in a bit, like the cryopods and stuff
    Since i can't get my hands on the table stuff for another week or so XD

17. chromedog

I use imgur and just use the bb link codes.
    I gave up trying to upload pictures to these forums in the last iteration.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation