1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules you would want changed?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by timmy, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I think the "no cost" is not true:
    N3 Frequently Asked Question Updated: 1.1
    Q: Can troopers move through obstacles that do not exceed the height of their Silhouette Template? Then is that movement considered “up and down” or does it count as if they were always at ground level?
    A: Troops can vault and they are considered to be moving “up and down”.

Or maybe it is. Maybe the movement is free, the troops head just moves up, to trigger AROs.

2. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

That's exactly how I interpreted it, you measure the move as if you walked through the obstacle, but the 'path' your model takes is over the obstacle:
    upload_2018-8-15_13-1-54.png

eciu, paraelix, Xeurian and 4 others like this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The diagram is correct (though I think the side green are not needed), I think the question is what happens if the model does not have enouph MOV to clear the objective.

4. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

How official confirmation is this?

The green thingy is there, so you move "up and down" the obstacle while vaulting, as in the FAQ section of the rule.

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think the sideways is for actual climbing the obstacle..

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I've never pulled one off, the only time I came close was a Cutter rampaging through a Nomad army that was poorly deployed. Killed the one guy who was covering the approach and then shot the other 7 models dead from behind.

Exactly. The up and down don't cost you any movement, but you do 'stand' on top of the obstacle for LOF purposes.

leigen_zero likes this.
  7. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

I don't know of it was already suggested, but I think the number of remaining mines being open information should be changed to hidden information on troops with the minelayer skill

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation